PDA

View Full Version : Diff racket for indoor and outdoor?

vandyer
08-15-2007, 11:46 PM
hi all,

I have fouond that i play better with my Wilson Ncode siz-One 95 when playing outside (generally slower courts)

Whilst i seem to play better (or keep up with better players) with my Babolat Aero Drive when playing indoors.

My own theory is that indoors is much faster and i need the extra power and as its lighter i can deal with pace more (to compenste for my movment which could be better)

Question is, which one should i stick with? I love the feel of the wilson, but i think it might be a bit too heavy which in turn makes it slightly less manouverable (for me)

Is there another racket people can suggest its worth taking a look at?

Thanks

0d1n
08-16-2007, 12:01 AM
hi all,

I have fouond that i play better with my Wilson Ncode siz-One 95 when playing outside (generally slower courts)

Whilst i seem to play better (or keep up with better players) with my Babolat Aero Drive when playing indoors.

My own theory is that indoors is much faster and i need the extra power and as its lighter i can deal with pace more (to compenste for my movment which could be better)

Question is, which one should i stick with? I love the feel of the wilson, but i think it might be a bit too heavy which in turn makes it slightly less manouverable (for me)

Is there another racket people can suggest its worth taking a look at?

Thanks

I suggest sticking with the racket and adjust your style of play a bit for indoor. You need to play more attacking tennis and get to the net more often on the faster indoor surface. For this purpose (getting to the net) I think your ncode would be far better suited than your Babolat, but that's just me.
I actually don't feel that I need more power for indoor play since the surface is already giving me that extra ball speed, I find that a control racket and a small change in style of play is what's required (for me) to go from clay to a faster indoor surface.

bagung
08-16-2007, 12:12 AM
i play both outdoor and indoor, fast and slow court ....
i use the same racquet.... only ajustment is string and tensions on the fast and slow courts.... need more control on fast court, need more power on slow court

Jeronimo
08-16-2007, 06:09 AM
No, im not agree..

I say, stick to your racquet and try to play with both, in indoors or outdoors..

If you have to pick, go for the Aero Pro.. wich is lighter so is better, if you like heavy racquets then use the NCode..

Silent
08-16-2007, 07:12 AM
You should stick to one racquet, then you can learn to adjust your game.

When I play inside I don't feel the need to have more power because the ball tends to stay in the air longer than when I play outside. In other words, I need more spin inside. I'm not sure about the Babolat, but the nSixOne 95 16x18 can generate a lot of spin easily.

jasonbourne
08-16-2007, 07:17 AM
vandyer, I agree with you regarding using differently weighted rackets for fast and slow surface types. A slightly lighter or faster swinging racket works better for me on fast surfaces, while a heavier racket is better on slow surfaces.
I cannot recommend what racket you should use between the two surfaces.