PDA

View Full Version : Federer on getting a new coach:

goforgold99
08-16-2007, 02:44 AM
Federer on when he might get a new coach: "When you are number one in the world you have to make your decisions more wisely. Maybe by the Australian Open I'll have someone, but maybe not."

Source: tennis.com

2shots
08-16-2007, 02:49 AM
I think he should try to get Cahill

PimpMyGame
08-16-2007, 03:27 AM
The more I think about it, the more I think that the guy doesn't need an out-and-out "coach". I mean, how do you coach Roger Federer?

What he needs more than a coach is a mentor, to ensure he gets the best out of the next five years as a player in terms of playing the right tournaments and knowing when to hold back and avoid serious injury.

illinoisTennis
08-16-2007, 06:00 AM
The more I think about it, the more I think that the guy doesn't need an out-and-out "coach". I mean, how do you coach Roger Federer?

What he needs more than a coach is a mentor, to ensure he gets the best out of the next five years as a player in terms of playing the right tournaments and knowing when to hold back and avoid serious injury.

I agree. Maybe John McEnroe

Klatu Verata Necktie
08-16-2007, 06:15 AM
I agree. Maybe John McEnroe

With McEnroe as his coach, he can learn to argue with the umpire and throw his racquet ;)

daddy
08-16-2007, 06:50 AM
With McEnroe as his coach, he can learn to argue with the umpire and throw his racquet ;)

Oh my , when I think about this I would be so happy to see him do this just once again ! Ill watch his matches as long as he plays hoping for this. NOt that I hate him, quite the oposite, but wouldnt it be so fun if nadal was ice cool and fed was jumping arround and add a bit of safin chair braking and mcenroes arguing ? Wishfull thinking but whoa .. I should make a video game and earn zillions on this !

156MPHserve
08-16-2007, 08:15 AM
I think the only person who could coach Federer would be Pete Sampras. Although neither have achieved the career GS, at least Pete can perfectly relate to anything Federer's going through. Also their games are extremely similar as well. Also it doesn't hurt if Fed gets some serving help from Pete. He's already got one of the deadliest first serves on the tour because of the way he finds aces in tight situations. Add Pete's deception and second serve and it'll make life a LOT easier for him.

tennis_hand
08-16-2007, 08:16 AM
He doesn't know what he is looking for. but he does know what is not for him. but nobody knows what is for him. so he can find nobody at this moment.