PDA

View Full Version : another racquet advice needed..

adso1973
08-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Hi all,

As always I read a lot of tread regarding racquet selection advice.. and read thing like buy this, buy that, test all an choose, we can't tell you what to buy, etc.. but anyway I'll post mine asking for some advice. Nowadays, I'm playing with a fischer mspeed 98 SL, and really like it.. I need to buy a second racquet and I'm tempted to buy another one to complement my game

Basically what I would like to read are pros and cons of those racquets. how do I play?? .. heavy clay baseliner, 4.0, 1HBH, top spin service, not too top spined forehand.. also not too flat

My possible choices are

1- Fischer Mspeed Nro 1 98 SL: is the one I'm playing with today, great racquet.. still $99.99... and the one I'm playing with these days.

2- Yonex RDS 002 tour: read lot of good things about this one, tested the RDS001 mp and liked it a lot.. just choose the fischer by its price. Also liked the Ultimun RDTI 80.. so as everybody say that the RDS002 tour is the best out of the 3.. can be my choice.. but its about $179-

3- DNX9: tested it once, sweet, sweet racquet.. it had a nice mix between control and power.. It was easy to get use to it and shot winners in the court.

other choices I'm not to convinced of...
4- Prince Graphite oversize.. a classic.. personally I don't like oversized.. never tried it and some people told me is quite stiff and heavy.

5- Head FXP Radical Tour, tested it once, liked, but I don't think is as comfortable and playable as the fischer.

Well.. that's all.. what do you think about it??

Thanks!!
ADSO!

Jeronimo
08-16-2007, 07:41 AM
Once again, i recommend the YOnex 003, as i said minutes ago in another thread, is great racquet that offers control + power!

My game is ver similar to yours, specially with that service, although, mine isnt strong but its with a lot of spin...

I havent tried Yonex 002, but i have done a lot of reasearch of this 003, because i was betweeen that or the Head Microgel Extreme, wich i buy because offers you a lot of spin (Great option too)

I didnt see any babolat in your options but Pure Drive Plus with cortex

And finally if are a wilson fan i would recommend the Nblade ;)..

adso1973
08-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi Jeronimo,

I have demoed the head extreme pro, very nice racquet.. but I feel it to powerfull... I always had problems to control racquets as PD, Wilson Npro Open, or this head, I liked the instinct better (with some lead feels more control oriented)

The yonex... I've read the specs and looks like its too light to me... I was looking something around 330.. ;)

What do you think?

Azrael
08-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Since you're buying a second racquet, I think you should get another Fischer. Having at least two of the same racquet is almost essential IMO.

If you're set on getting another racquet though, the MG Radical Pro seems like a good choice. Haven't tried it (only the MG Radical MP), but specs seem about right as to what you're aiming at.

s_andrean
08-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I'd recommend sticking with the M.Speeds, they are great sticks. At that price aswell, you can't really go wrong.