PDA

View Full Version : Best Overgrip

kike_valerin
08-16-2007, 07:04 AM
Wilson Pro Overgrip ? or Yonex Super Grap Overgrip?

you tell me guys !!!

well i use wilson pro overgrip !! its very good

i dont ever use the yonex is good?

much than wilson?

thanks !!! :D

chair ump
08-16-2007, 07:33 AM
I alternate between Wilson Pro Overgrip (white) and normal blue Tourna...They are the best!

Silent
08-16-2007, 07:42 AM
My hands sweat like crazy.

I used to use the Head Hydrosorb replacement grip and that was acceptable, but now that I've tried tournagrip I'll never go back. This thing always sticks, even when soaked.

PROTENNIS63
08-16-2007, 08:20 AM
wilson pro overgrip is awesome!

the other day i tried some of those pro supex overgrips and they are the same as the wilson.. great stuff

tenniskid3119
08-16-2007, 09:06 AM
outta those 2. Wilson is the best. But lately Ive been using tourna grip and its awesome.

Banks
08-16-2007, 09:18 AM
i used the head control over grip. the blue one with agasi on the package that came in three rolls. Those were my favorite. I have two grips left and cant find them anywhere now so i bought some wilson pro to see what thats like.

tbini87
08-16-2007, 09:54 AM
never used wilson pro, but i do like supergrab and tournagrip. i will have to check out wilson pro and see how i like it.

dunloplayah
08-16-2007, 10:13 AM
used to use babolat pro team, but needed more tack along with sweat absorption, so i am now using, to great success i might add, babolat syntec black.

Dangus
08-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Yonex Super Grap is the best, next to Tournagrip.

OneHander
08-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Does anyone have a feel for how much weight an overgrip adds to racket weight? Thanks.

billfark
08-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Hey Banks - Try the Head Xtreme Soft overgrips. They appear to be in the same packaging as the control overgrips, and appear to come in the same colors as the control overgrips, but I haven't tried them, so I'm not sure on that. They may have just re-branded the same grip.

BTW, my local Sports Authority has tons of the Control overgrips in stock. If you have a local store, check them out.

Kevin

Banks
08-16-2007, 11:45 AM
ill look for those if i can find them. there used to be a ton at my sportchek and when i went to go pick some up there was none. So i went with the wilson pro. Not much else besides sport chek where i live so im kinda stuck with what they have untill i can convince my mom to drive me an hour into calgary.

jonline
08-17-2007, 03:05 PM

you tell me guys !!!

much than wilson?

Si tu estas jugando cuando hace mucho calor, Tourna Grip es el mejor. Pero muchas personas les encantan usar Yonex Super Grap. Tourna Grip y Yonex Super Grap son muy diferentes. Tourna Grip puede absorber mucho sudor. Yonex es el puño mas hortera.

Buena suerte.

tsmcauliffe
08-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Si tu estas jugando cuando hace mucho calor, Tourna Grip es el mejor. Pero muchas personas les encantan usar Yonex Super Grap. Tourna Grip y Yonex Super Grap son muy diferentes. Tourna Grip puede absorber mucho sudor. Yonex es el puņo mas hortera.

Buena suerte.

Estamos en America.

SPEAK ENGLISH!

jonline
08-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Estamos en America.

SPEAK ENGLISH!

haha. kike_valerin doesn't speak much English, which is why his posts are usually translated poorly to English. It's easier for the OPer if I just speak Spanish.

kike_valerin
08-17-2007, 03:35 PM
hello :D

hey jonline de donde eres?

eres latino o eres americano pero hablas bien el ingles? :)

yeahh ok let's speak on english !!!

haha. kike_valerin doesn't speak much English, which is why his posts are usually translated poorly to English. It's easier for the OPer if I just speak Spanish.

vinnier6
08-17-2007, 04:48 PM
I alternate between Wilson Pro Overgrip (white) and normal blue Tourna...They are the best!

thats exactly what i do...and everytime i switch back to one or the other i think man this is good stuff...so i usually use tourna in the hotter months and wilson pro in the cooler months...

jonline
08-17-2007, 06:27 PM
hello :D

hey jonline de donde eres?

eres latino o eres americano pero hablas bien el ingles? :)

yeahh ok let's speak on english !!!

I'm American. English is good too! haha

robkat
08-17-2007, 06:38 PM
After using The Yonex Super Grap opr years, the last two years I have been using Wilson Pro which feels much better to me then the Super grap.

thundaga
08-17-2007, 06:38 PM
if u havent ever tried supergrap u definitely should, its my fav by far.

kaztennis
08-18-2007, 01:32 AM

you tell me guys !!!

much than wilson?

They are very similar but my #1 choice is Yonex Super Grap. Wilson in #2 just because Yonex lasts longer but they are again, very very similar.

Tennis4203
08-18-2007, 01:56 AM
Supergrap is good, but it was a bit too thick for my liking,
i LOVEd the tourna grip, but i don't sweat as much
and i can't be stuffed putting those on....they're hard to put on those tournagrips...
so i just stick to the wilson pro, coz they're still good even if they get old and dirty

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-18-2007, 03:31 AM
I like supergrap, but i'll use wilson and tournagrip if i have no supergrap,

j30tennis
08-18-2007, 04:15 AM
Tourna grip all the way. I sweat like a madman on the court and tourna is the only grip that does not get ruined, wilson h20 is good for a set than turns into a wet mess. Question: what is a good replacement grip to place underneath my tourna grip to keep the grooves from wearing?

tsmcauliffe
08-18-2007, 08:29 AM
I think the best overgrips are the Gamma Supreme Overgrips. They last tons longer than the Wilsons and they absorb sweat well but still stay tacky.

tbini87
08-18-2007, 09:25 AM
what are the differences of supergrap and wilson pro?

would you guys agree that supergrab is more tacky and less absorbant than tournagrip?

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-18-2007, 09:32 AM

would you guys agree that supergrab is more tacky and less absorbant than tournagrip?

Super grap and wilson pro are exatcly the same in my opinion maybe grap just a little tackier. I would agree that grap is more tacky and less absorbant than tourna, yes

tbini87
08-18-2007, 10:18 AM
why pay the extra $1 per 3-pack for wilson pro? seems like supergrab is very similar at a cheaper price. they also provide plenty of color choices like wilson pro... so what is the downside to supergrab compared to wilson if supergrab is cheaper?

forzainter
08-18-2007, 10:22 AM
my favourite overgrip is the Babolat VS overgrip, second favourite is Original Tournagrip, was thinking about trying wilson pro but i have the vs overgrip and i like it so why change

coolblue123
08-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Supergrap is good... if you like the tacky feel. but my only complaint is that u only really get 10 - 13 hours of good use until the tackiness wears out... i guess you'll get less usage if you have really sweaty palms...

Noveson
08-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Babolat VS is my favorite. Similar to Supergrap(which imo is better than Wilson pro) but softer, although less durable. Not good for sweaty hands though.

Klatu Verata Necktie
08-18-2007, 05:59 PM

I don't think there is any difference whatsoever. If you were to wrap two identical racquets, one with Supergrap, and one with Wilson, I doubt many people could tell the difference in a blind taste test.

By the way, I was able to tell the difference between Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi in a blind taste test many years ago. I chose Coke.

tbini87
08-19-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't think there is any difference whatsoever. If you were to wrap two identical racquets, one with Supergrap, and one with Wilson, I doubt many people could tell the difference in a blind taste test.

By the way, I was able to tell the difference between Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi in a blind taste test many years ago. I chose Coke.

then i am guessing you play with supergrab because it is cheaper... if you use those types of grips, right?

budkid
08-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Tourna grip in the summer...Gamma Supreme for winter.

Zets147
08-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Snake Skin.

Excuse me, "Cobra Skin."

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-20-2007, 03:32 AM
My 30 pack of Super grap just arrived :D

dunlopfan
08-20-2007, 04:06 AM
I thought that I would try the Yonex grip when all the reviews said it was the best, but I found the durability to be very poor in comparison to the Wilson Pro Overgrip. All I'm saying is-Keep your Wilson grip!

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-20-2007, 04:15 AM
I thought that I would try the Yonex grip when all the reviews said it was the best, but I found the durability to be very poor in comparison to the Wilson Pro Overgrip. All I'm saying is-Keep your Wilson grip!

I don't ever rip up grips, not even tournagrip. I've never understood why people call tourna rubbish in the durability department, but i gave one to my dad and it was ripped straight through, then i understood.

So i can't really rate grips on durability, i just change them when they lose all their tack or just feel rubbish

harleywilson
08-20-2007, 05:56 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the Wilson and the Yonex overgrips are made in the same factory in Indonesia. I don't find any difference between the two. I think the Yonex's are cheaper but a little harder to find in stores

origmarm
08-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Hey Banks - Try the Head Xtreme Soft overgrips. They appear to be in the same packaging as the control overgrips, and appear to come in the same colors as the control overgrips, but I haven't tried them, so I'm not sure on that. They may have just re-branded the same grip.

I use the Xtreme Soft or the Wilson Pro in the Winter and Tourna in the summer. I reckon the Xtreme soft is pretty close to the Agassi overgrip but not quite the same

FuriousYellow
08-20-2007, 06:51 AM
Babolat VS is my favorite. Similar to Supergrap(which imo is better than Wilson pro) but softer, although less durable. Not good for sweaty hands though.

I've been trying VS out after using Supergrap for over a year. Seems to combine the thinness of Tournagrip with the tack of Supergrap. Not quite as tacky as Supergrap though and I agree it wouldn't do well with sweaty hands. I like the feel of it.

It also seems like you need to wrap it tighter than you would with Supergrap and use more overlap as it tends to move more.

ubel
08-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Tournagrip II, hurrrayy!!! :)

*notices he's alone and sinks back into his corner*

New Kid On the Block
08-20-2007, 07:35 AM
The klippermate grips are cheap but they dont last long.

GS
08-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Yep, the Klipper grips are the cheapest on the market. I buy em in bulk and get em for 50 cents apiece, so I can afford to change grips anytime I want.
I've really grown to like em---not too thin, and not too tacky.

tbini87
08-20-2007, 12:04 PM
what would you guys compare the klippermate grips to? what are their playing characteristics?

tsmcauliffe
08-20-2007, 07:50 PM

Hey, If you like the durability of the the Wilsons, you should try the Gamma Supreme Overgrip. They last longer and stay tackier longer.

Klatu Verata Necktie
08-21-2007, 01:27 PM
then i am guessing you play with supergrab because it is cheaper... if you use those types of grips, right?

I used to use Supergrap because it was cheaper, but recently switched to Wilson because I found it for less than Supergrap at my local tennis shop.

aceinurface
08-21-2007, 09:28 PM
supergrap and wilson pro are practically the same, they are both in my opinion the best feeling grips. but yonex keeps it's tack longer and are cheaper.

Omisoshiru
08-23-2007, 04:18 PM
I love the yonex super grap overgrip, I must say, they are fantastic! I would use tourna but then there is no need for me, seeing as how my hands dont produce fountains of sweat. I would say wilson pro overgrip is second best.

Klatu Verata Necktie
08-23-2007, 06:56 PM
I love the yonex super grap overgrip, I must say, they are fantastic! I would use tourna but then there is no need for me, seeing as how my hands dont produce fountains of sweat. I would say wilson pro overgrip is second best.

Have you played Supergrap and Wilson Pro back to back on matching racquets? No best or second best. . . identical!

Tournagrip isn't my cup of tea simply because it doesn't last long enough. I played with a fellow who uses one Tournagrip for warmup, then replaces it for the match!

Safination
08-24-2007, 07:02 AM
I think Super Grap is the best and Wilson Pro Overgrip the second. The Babolat VS Overgrip sucks!!! there is nothing i like on it... no tacky feel and absorbation sucks!

shutupova
08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
hot day = tournagrip
cool day = wilson pro overgrip

shutupova
08-27-2007, 03:57 PM
i also tried yonex supergrap but it didn't work for me. some commented that its tackiness lasts longer, but my experience says the other way.

Final_Match_Point
08-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I used to use tourna only, but got a free pack of babolat proteam. They seem like the feel of tourna with the cushioning of wilson, so im willing to try them