PDA

View Full Version : Prince Speedport Tour

OneHander
08-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Has anyone who has this racket checked the accuracy of the weight of the racket. Just curious. Mine are a little heavier that the listed specs.

TennisandMusic
08-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Yep mine is heavier for sure. Comes in around 344 grams I think.

LafayetteHitter
08-17-2007, 12:09 PM
I have on here coming in at 340g or 11.95 ounces strung with overgrip. It is a demo. With leather it should come in right where I want it.

Old_Crow
08-17-2007, 07:06 PM
I've got two and they both came in at exactly 346g with a Wilson leather grip.

Nice sticks..!

OneHander
08-19-2007, 03:49 AM
I hit with the racket for quite some time yesterday, with both the port insert and the hole insert. The feel was similar with a little more dampened feel with the ports and little more feedback with the hole inserts. Serves were very solid with good access to spin, overheads were very solid, volleys were okay, and groundstrokes were okay. I need to spend some more time hitting with them to find the sweetspot on the groundstrokes.

One thing I did notice on the groundstrokes, particularly low shots, was what seemed like some torque or twist on the frame, which may be because of the flex in the racket. My current racket is a Prince Graphite II with the stabilizer bar, so there is very little torque or twist. Again, this was the first time out with the rackets.

Has anyone else experience this percieved twist or torque in the racket?

Ennismt
09-16-2007, 02:07 PM
I weighed the demos (one w/ports, one w/grommets) both came to 11.7 oz. I bought a SP tour and the racquet weighed 11.9 oz strung with grommets. It came to about 5 pts. HL. The grommets weigh about 0.2 oz more than the ports so I assume I'll be closer to the 11.7 oz. spec. I also assume that I'll be closer to the 8 pts. HL.