PDA

View Full Version : Who wins the most ugly matches on tour?

latinking
08-16-2007, 12:13 PM
What I mean is, that a player who wins a match even though they are playing like crap. Or they only have one weapon. I think Roddick.

Roddick comes to mind, with his only real weapon being his serve.

Nadal, he plays with so much topspin that he doesn't make mistakes , and just forces his opponents into errors. ( and amazing defence )

Fed, just because of who he is players seem to give him mathchs from time to time even when he is off.

Any others?

Lionheart
08-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Nadal does amazing winners, on the run and from everywhere...how can that be boring...

I agree with roddick, Karlovic also comes to my mind

Jack the Hack
08-16-2007, 12:33 PM
I was thinking of Nalbandian, who often seems to play poorly in the beginning and has to scrap his way back into matches.

superstition
08-16-2007, 12:52 PM
I've seen Djokovic win a number of matches with tiebreaks after he's down in the set or even a set down (like against Santoro), and he always wins the tiebreaks. Considering that he was raises his level for tiebreaks time and time again, he can get away with being sloppy sometimes.

RMac
08-16-2007, 01:27 PM
davydenko for sure.
does he even have a winning record against the top 20?

siber222000
08-16-2007, 01:56 PM
i like how nadal uses buggy whip shots sometimes :) so amazing how he can put that amount of spin on the ball

coloskier
08-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Every match that Ivo Karlovic plays is ugly. Yes, I am a S&V player, and I hate watching Ivo. He looks like Lurch from the Munsters every time he hits anything but a serve.