PDA

View Full Version : Move from PS 6.1 95 to K Factor 90

rallison
08-16-2007, 02:18 PM
I demoed the KFactor 90 and found that balls are flying deep and serve control is also not as sound as my PS 6.1 95. I have a long, fast and flat forehand and also a big flat first serve. I was at 60lbs with Wilson NXT Tour 16 on my PS, but noticed the demos are usually strung at mid tension plus 2 (57). I like the power and overall feel of the 90, but if my balls are all going out, what's the use! Is the swing weight and power of the 90 plus the lower tension the culprit? I like to take a big cut at the ball and would hate to slow it down just to keep the ball in!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions yall might have.

Jim H
08-16-2007, 04:54 PM
I rtecently started playing with the K90. Based on feadback about this raquet being low powered, I initially strung my K90 @ 55lbs. This was fine initially but once the racquet lost tension, I felt like the raquet was to powerfull and also had trouble keeping the ball in. Not by alot, but enough to shake my confidence and slow down my swing speed.

I re-strung @ 58lbs (Poly/Syn Gut Hybrid) and found this setup solved my problem. I'm now able to take bigger cuts at the ball and dial in my shots.

I would give higher tension a try.

VolklVenom
08-16-2007, 07:05 PM
I rtecently started playing with the K90. Based on feadback about this raquet being low powered, I initially strung my K90 @ 55lbs. This was fine initially but once the racquet lost tension, I felt like the raquet was to powerfull and also had trouble keeping the ball in. Not by alot, but enough to shake my confidence and slow down my swing speed.

I re-strung @ 58lbs (Poly/Syn Gut Hybrid) and found this setup solved my problem. I'm now able to take bigger cuts at the ball and dial in my shots.

I would give higher tension a try.
Jim, where were the polys? in main or crosses?

Jim H
08-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Polys in the mains....