PDA

View Full Version : Balls flying with KFactor 90-is it the strings?

rallison
08-16-2007, 01:19 PM
I demoed the KFactor 90 and found that balls are flying deep and serve control is also not as sound as my PS 6.1 95. I have a long, fast and flat forehand and also a big flat first serve. I was at 60lbs with Wilson NXT Tour 16 on my PS, but noticed the demos are usually strung at mid tension plus 2 (57). I like the power and overall feel of the 90, but if my balls are all going out, what's the use! Is the swing weight and power of the 90 plus the lower tension the culprit? I like to take a big cut at the ball and would hate to slow it down just to keep the ball in!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions yall might have.

ChocolatePie
08-16-2007, 02:04 PM
I had the same problem when I demo'd it. After about 5 hours, I started to adjust better to the weight. That was my problem at least.

jasonbourne
08-16-2007, 02:22 PM
rallison, I don't think it is the strings, unless the current tension is sub-50 by the time you received the demo. I had a similar experience with the K90 initially. I simply added more topspin. Flat won't work consistently with the K90. I'm surprised you can control the ball with a PS 6.1 95 using fast and flat FHs.

nickb
08-17-2007, 02:15 PM
It could be the string but the k90 is very low powered....hit with more topspin or move on to another racquet..

jmverdugo
08-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Or maybe ask this same question again in the "Other Equipment" section to find out if it is maybe the grip of the K90 that is making the ball go so deep :).

Sorry I just couldnt resist ;).. Im just kidding, please do not take this post to serious, I know you are making a valid question. But seriously you can try to put a little more topspin to your shot, just enough to make still a flat shot like you like but to make the ball go in.

goosala
08-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Because the K90 is so heavy it will provide plenty of weight and depth to your shots. Try stringing it tighter say 65 lbs. or tighter and see if you can get some control.