PDA

View Full Version : James - This is your chance!

drake
08-16-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm not a big fan of Blakes' strategies but if there ever was a time for James to focus and grind it out, he could actually win this Cincy Masters. The problem will be if he runs into Federer during a night match or the temperature comes down to humane conditions.

flymeng
08-16-2007, 05:25 PM
He is on opposite half of Federer. If he plays well, he could meet Federer in the final.

Aeropro master
08-16-2007, 05:35 PM
He'll have a tough match against Sam Querry though.

Rulo
08-16-2007, 05:38 PM
James has not been playing so good theese last days....
I don't think he could defeat Federer....

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
08-16-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm not a big fan of Blakes' strategies but if there ever was a time for James to focus and grind it out, he could actually win this Cincy Masters. The problem will be if he runs into Federer during a night match or the temperature comes down to humane conditions.

Would indeed be nice, but if he comes across Fed in the end, he needs to drop the 'ultra respect' mode and come out with all cylinders firing.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
08-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Strange was another thread replying but it showed up on the prior one I was on. Guess I'm one of those who needs to log out and log back in....sorry all.

phoony
08-16-2007, 06:57 PM
He seems to have a big buttock. Weird shape and it seems unbalanced to me. Hate to see him play with bad footwork.

musicalmedic81
08-16-2007, 07:33 PM
He seems to have a big buttock. Weird shape and it seems unbalanced to me. Hate to see him play with bad footwork.

Thats actually his Scoliosis, he states in his book that even though he wore a back brace for years as a child to correct the curve in his spine, its still not perfect and his posture and walk is a little funny because of it.

Eviscerator
08-16-2007, 07:44 PM

:roll: :roll:

tennispro11
08-16-2007, 08:10 PM

What does this have anything to do with James winning the Cincy Masers? Do you ever write anything that has anything to do with tennis that doesn't involve Masha or how a player looks?

tennispro11
08-16-2007, 08:12 PM
James has not been playing so good theese last days....
I don't think he could defeat Federer....

Have you watched him play any of the Cincy tournament? He is playing extremely well. He could win this tournament. There is a pretty good chance he could win this.

Forehand Forever
08-16-2007, 08:15 PM

What would his butt have anything to do with him winning Cincy? Mostly, why are you checking out his butt?

phoony
08-16-2007, 08:17 PM
What does this have anything to do with James winning the Cincy Masers? Do you ever write anything that has anything to do with tennis that doesn't involve Masha or how a player looks?

An american of course prefering and supporting their own american players to win Cincy in their own american soil. Lets wait and see............please bear in mind these thread nothing related to Masha..........k ;) . Be cool be cool.

Tennis_Monk
08-16-2007, 08:21 PM
James Blake doesnt have what it takes to win Against Federer. So this is not his chance unless his chance is to actually get deep into the draw.

No offense but in order to win against federer, it needs a special effort.

Indrid Cold
08-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Blake seems to be one of those players that Fed really switches on against. I remember watching the masters cup final and thinking that was some of the greatest tennis I've seen fed play.I really don't see blake doing anything unless Federer has "one of those days"

flymeng
08-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Blake has to play like he played Agassi in first 2 sets during the USO 2005 match in order to beat Federer. He played power and flawless tennis for about an hour and half. Unfortunately, he has mental lapses. He tries to out hit his opponent and makes many errors. I hope he learns how to adjust his game.

drake
08-18-2007, 06:20 PM
If James contains his controlled aggression he will take out the Fed. Federer is very fragile right now. He's having trouble with his 2nd serve and his timing is off on his returns. A perfect scenario for a Masters's victory for Blake!

Tennis_Monk
08-18-2007, 06:27 PM
He and federer better win their matches before thinking of a final match. Federer is generally a good bet but Blake?

Defcon
08-18-2007, 06:29 PM
The problem is, Blake's game is a perfect foil for Fed. Fed loves power and Blake's hard flat groundies are perfect for Fed to groove on and stat imposing his all court game.

When Blake plays well, its always a fun match to watch - he gets Fed on the run and makes him come with the magic.

flymeng
08-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Come on, Blake. I believe you can beat Fed. :p

stormholloway
08-18-2007, 06:56 PM
The problem is, Blake's game is a perfect foil for Fed. Fed loves power and Blake's hard flat groundies are perfect for Fed to groove on and stat imposing his all court game.

When Blake plays well, its always a fun match to watch - he gets Fed on the run and makes him come with the magic.

Federer had serious trouble with Hewitt today. Why couldn't Blake's game give Federer trouble?

The fact is that Federer can be rattled, though it's rarely visible.

Forehand Forever
08-18-2007, 07:11 PM
I think the way Blake's playing he might be able to take Federer.

Klatu Verata Necktie
08-18-2007, 07:12 PM
No offense but in order to win against federer, it needs a special effort.

You're right about the special effort. How about match point against Davydenko. Pretty special, huh?

Blake is such a likable fellow. I'm torn in tomorrow's final. Federer is my favorite player, but Blake isn't far behind and has a very compelling story.

Baghdatis72
08-18-2007, 07:15 PM
I think the way Blake's playing he might be able to take Federer.

If he manages not to choke like a few others did this week then he has a chance but I doubt it.

Tennis_Monk
08-18-2007, 07:33 PM
You're right about the special effort. How about match point against Davydenko. Pretty special, huh?

Blake is such a likable fellow. I'm torn in tomorrow's final. Federer is my favorite player, but Blake isn't far behind and has a very compelling story.

Not really. Good shots but I have seen better from Federer and a lot of them!
Blake is likeable and has a cool demeanor but that wont win matches. His story is great but i have heard enough times that i no longer feel the same way.

Actually Blake is far behind. His record in finals isnt that great and he doesnt get there often enough. The only real plus point blake has tommorow is the Crowd. They will back him fully if he can use them.

Btw Spoiler police might be watching you as you said something about a match point.

Objective Danny
08-18-2007, 07:42 PM
There shouldn't be any 'spoiler urchins' in this thread as a matter of fact they shouldn't be on this site, that is if they haven't viewed the match.

James Blake WILL take out Federer. . . make book on it.

NamRanger
08-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Nah, Federer's too good at redirecting pace and is too fast.

Tennis_Monk
08-18-2007, 07:48 PM
There shouldn't be any 'spoiler urchins' in this thread as a matter of fact they shouldn't be on this site, that is if they haven't viewed the match.

James Blake WILL take out Federer. . . make book on it.

I am being more objective, Federer will take out James Blake (easily)...Make a note of it when we discuss this tommorow PM.

samprasbackhand
08-18-2007, 10:13 PM
It'll be the typical Blake-Fed match, he'll play Federer well, but when it reaches something like 5-5 or a tiebreak, he'll play bad points and lose the set, then the next set will be a blowout.

slice bh compliment
08-18-2007, 10:17 PM

I'm with you...and storm.

Baghdatis would have been nice, too, in this final, but these are two of the guys I'd like to see in a lot of finals.

Definitely adjusting my tennis so I can tune in tomorrow.

daddy
08-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Thinking about the thread, how many top players have to go out for Blake to ahve a chance ? So why would all of a sudden he be able to take out federer when the guy beats him all the time with ease.

Federer : "I like when I se this blake charachter against me, I know hes going to hit 10 forehand winners and burn out and lose 0 - 2, why cant he get to more finals .. "

IMO, might be wrong

Tennis_Monk
08-19-2007, 06:09 AM
Thinking about the thread, how many top players have to go out for Blake to ahve a chance ? So why would all of a sudden he be able to take out federer when the guy beats him all the time with ease.

Federer : "I like when I se this blake charachter against me, I know hes going to hit 10 forehand winners and burn out and lose 0 - 2, why cant he get to more finals .. "

IMO, might be wrong

You are correct. American media hypes Blake so that they can pitch in a few more commercials and get more $$$. Beyond that Blake is Blake. His game cant withstand Federer's game.

Federer must be very relieved that he is facing Blake than a Nadal or Djokovic.

saram
08-19-2007, 06:35 AM
If Blake can find the zone like he was in against JCF, then he can challenge Roger. Should James come out as he did in the first set against Querrey, then Roger in sraights.

daddy
08-19-2007, 06:58 AM
If Blake can find the zone like he was in against JCF, then he can challenge Roger. Should James come out as he did in the first set against Querrey, then Roger in sraights.

Should, should/ he came out his basl last year and weno out like on a turbo charger.

xtennisloverx
08-19-2007, 07:46 AM
blake did take a set off fed at the uso last year

daddy
08-19-2007, 07:47 AM

But it looked like a no contest nevertheless. As in Masters at the final of the year, he wiped out nadal but was not near to claiming the title ..

anointedone
08-19-2007, 10:39 AM

That was by far his closest match with Federer. We have seen the extremely rambunctious crowd at the U.S Open help American players give closer match to Federer then they probably would have otherwise before too, Agassi in the 2004 and 2005 U.S Open quarters and finals with Federer, Roddick in last years final, Blake last year.

West Coast Ace
08-19-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm not a big fan of Blakes' strategies but if there ever was a time for James to focus and grind it out, he could actually win this Cincy Masters.I think there is a law against using the word 'grind' and Blake in the same sentence about tennis! :-) That's not his game - never was, never will be.

I think the way Blake's playing he might be able to take Federer.I will translate this: "If Blake hits a myriad of circus shot winners, as he did after the first 4 games of his SF match with Davydenko, he has a chance to win against Fed.

Not really. Good shots but I have seen better from Federer and a lot of them!
Blake is likeable and has a cool demeanor but that wont win matches. His story is great but i have heard enough times that i no longer feel the same way.Amen. I'll join this team too. Almost wish Blake or one of his camp would tell PMac to give it a rest. Other than people in Solitary Confinement and comas, pretty much everyone has heard it. Great story - now, can he win against someone ranked higher than him?

tennispro11
08-19-2007, 12:02 PM
I think there is a law against using the word 'grind' and Blake in the same sentence about tennis! :-) That's not his game - never was, never will be.

I will translate this: "If Blake hits a myriad of circus shot winners, as he did after the first 4 games of his SF match with Davydenko, he has a chance to win against Fed.

Amen. I'll join this team too. Almost wish Blake or one of his camp would tell PMac to give it a rest. Other than people in Solitary Confinement and comas, pretty much everyone has heard it. Great story - now, can he win against someone ranked higher than him?

Well he did win against Davydenko. He is ranked higher than James. I think if Blake can use his movement to keep gettting to shots and hit amazing winners like he did on match point last night. He most definitely has a shot. If can consistently play well for 3 sets he might pull off the upset.

jaykay
08-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Well he did win against Davydenko. He is ranked higher than James. I think if Blake can use his movement to keep gettting to shots and hit amazing winners like he did on match point last night. He most definitely has a shot. If can consistently play well for 3 sets he might pull off the upset.

I agree. While Fed has an unblemished, dominating record against James, I really thought Blake played out of his MIND against JCF. He had several hiccups at the start of his match against Querrey, but very surprisingly (and uncharacteristically), he was able to problem-solve (as Killer Cahill puts it), exorcise the demons in his head and pull off a nice, cerebral victory. While his match against Davydenko wasn't that clean and Blake had his usual share of UE's, his speed was incredible and there was some ridiculously brilliant shot-making by Blake to continue his winning record against DavyD.

If James brings his A++ game, is able to neutralize Fed's brilliant serving and if Fed continues to struggle on his BH side as well as his running FH out wide; I daresay Fed'll have a fight on his hands today against JB.

War, Safin!
08-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Blake has that much respect for Federer, he may as well get on his knees and start blowing him.