PDA

View Full Version : the grips that the pro's use

cgreenlee88
03-17-2004, 07:13 AM
wuts the most common grip that the pro's use?

deflori
03-17-2004, 09:28 AM
i would say tourna Grip and wilson pro Overgrip...

failurebydesign
03-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Some pros like Yonex Supergrap although I hate the stuff.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-17-2004, 09:38 PM
For sure tourna is the most used. Wilson Pro overgrip is second, but still a ways behind tourna.

chrisab508
03-25-2004, 07:41 PM
about tourna grip, my sister got a thing of three of them and i have a babolt pure drive team OS, and the tourna grip doesn't fit all the way over grip. It's too short???

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Ya, all tourna is like that. You really got to streatch that stuff hard to get it all the way up, especially with a plus racquet like yours.

kreative
03-25-2004, 09:11 PM
buy tournagrip xl :lol:

i initially thought this question asked what kinds of grips pros used such as eastern/western etc. i think it's said that the prominant forehand grip is something slightly west of semi-western, but not quite western. one handed backhands a bit more extreme than the eastern backhand (more topspin). serves/vollies continental w/ slight adjustments.

zorg
03-22-2005, 12:20 PM
kreative, HERE HERE!! I also bought tourna grip regular at the start, but then went to the XL for reasons of length.

Nikeman0092
03-22-2005, 05:28 PM
My tournagrip doesn't last me very long anymore.

Nadal_Rulz
03-22-2005, 06:06 PM
i played for 2 hours last night and my freshly griped tourna had to be replaced. at least 7 holes in it and the bottom was all frayeed up. while i was there i bought 2 packs of tourna xl and it actually fits my racquets! yay

35ft6
03-22-2005, 09:47 PM
i played for 2 hours last night and my freshly griped tourna had to be replaced. at least 7 holes in it and the bottom was all frayeed up. while i was there i bought 2 packs of tourna xl and it actually fits my racquets! yay You may have gotten a bad batch. That happened to me once. The dooshes at ATS Sports tried to convince me, a Tournagrip user for over 10 years, that fraying after 1 hour is typical with Tournagrip. It was a bad batch of grey grips.

I told Tournagrip -- unique sports? -- about it and they expressed outrage, told me they're not surprised because ATS pushes Gamma hardcore, and sent me enough free blue Tournagrip to last 2 years. They were great.

Prince_of_Tennis
03-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Wilson Pro Overgrips! (Do these come in any other color besides white? Wilson must be making a killing cuz they are white) I love those grips because my hands don't sweat. They are soft and grippy (is that a word?!?!)

danniflava
03-23-2005, 06:33 AM
I tried both. I went from Pro Overgrip to Tournagrip, back to Pro Overgrip. If Pro Overgrip came in Black, it would be my Holy Grail!

bc-05
03-23-2005, 07:10 AM
pros the best grip.. coz u can use it for a long time.. pwoahh i was a tourna user.. those things fall apart after 1 match.. and its 16$/pack here in aus.. so i have to pay like more than 5 bux a week just on grips? i cant afford that!!

Nadal_Rulz
03-24-2005, 04:25 PM
You may have gotten a bad batch. That happened to me once. The dooshes at ATS Sports tried to convince me, a Tournagrip user for over 10 years, that fraying after 1 hour is typical with Tournagrip. It was a bad batch of grey grips.

I told Tournagrip -- unique sports? -- about it and they expressed outrage, told me they're not surprised because ATS pushes Gamma hardcore, and sent me enough free blue Tournagrip to last 2 years. They were great.

do they have an e-mail? i may just have to take up an offer like this for my troubles.

Prince_of_Tennis
03-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Yah thsoe Pro overgips lasted a pretty long time. I bougth the 30 pack from TW and still haven't fisnished it. I bought them about 8 months ago...Yes it would be great if they came in different colors.

Lambsscroll
03-25-2005, 01:12 PM
In order to get tourna grip to go all the way up the handle you cant overlap at all.