PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a grip

Poda
08-16-2007, 06:37 PM
I don't know what it is, but my hands start sweating so much that my grip feels extremely slippery. Even wiping with a towel seems to have little effect. I'm thinking I need a stickier grip. Any recommendations?

Poda
08-16-2007, 06:39 PM
The current grip is called Softac.

Klatu Verata Necktie
08-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't know much about grips, but I had the same problem as you. I play in some nasty hot weather since I live in South Florida, and I was able to conquer my sweaty grip by using a wristband.

Voltron
08-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Try an overgrip, specifically, Tourna Grip.

texastornado
08-16-2007, 08:49 PM
i would also recommend a wristband (doublewide). it works for me. Tournagrip really does absorb well and maintain grip. It feels "weird" though.

Rafa freak
08-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Try an overgrip, specifically, Tourna Grip.

Babolat VS there the best.

AlpineCadet
08-16-2007, 11:23 PM
i would also recommend a wristband (doublewide). it works for me. Tournagrip really does absorb well and maintain grip. It feels "weird" though.

Also, you should consider changing your existing grip with a good absorbent Replacement Grip (like the Prince DuraPerf), and then wrap that with a good overwrap that is made to absorb sweat while still remaining tacky (Tourna Grip/Yonex SuperGrap/Gamma Supreme Grip.) The two combined, along with a wristband should help do the trick. If they still don't help, try applying anti-perspirant on your hands, just kidding.

Omisoshiru
08-23-2007, 04:27 PM
i would say swaety hands go well with tourna grip =/

Omisoshiru
08-23-2007, 04:27 PM
although i dont have sweaty hands i may b wrong

Ephry73
09-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Got to this post late, but a wristband will be your best friend. Most of the sweat you get on your grip comes from your arm, then hand. I use Gamma Leather grip, no overgrip and a wristband. Works for me. I even like the Gamma grip better than the old Fairways I used on my racquets years ago.

E

Dangus
09-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Use Tourna Grip if you sweat a lot.

Quick_silver
09-10-2007, 04:38 PM
wse wristband and agassi pro overgrip

TheShaun
09-10-2007, 08:12 PM
*zooms in, yells, TOURNAGRIP!, zooms out*

LickyMYwalker
09-10-2007, 09:59 PM
tournagrip is the ****. i sweat like crazy and its the only grip that actually works.

surfryder
09-10-2007, 10:15 PM
i sweat a lot and i use a wilson true grip with wilson pro overgrip some reason it keeps me from slipping anywhere near as much as i used to if not completely erases it...i used to use the head hydrosorb with the wilson overgrip, but it just didnt give enough feel for me and the hydrosorb just made the racquet slippery after id start sweating hardcore.

btw i live in south florida where its 90+ in the summer with 95% humidity, so its def. easy to perspire

AlexP
09-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Doesn't eating something salty help you from oversweating?

I use prince durazorb, but then again I don't sweat much - I just like the leathery feel that's similar to the original grip.

hyogen
09-11-2007, 10:29 AM
i am realizing that using an overgrip on my 4 3/8" grip makes the grip too big for me.

I am gonna switch to 4 1/4"

JRProstaf9
09-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Try Wilson Pro-Over grip (aka the white overgrip that federer and henin use) its super sticky/tacky even when when it gets wet and even after you've played a few times and "broken it in" it develops a nice suede like feel thats still super absorbant.

shutupova
09-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Try Wilson Pro-Over grip (aka the white overgrip that federer and henin use) its super sticky/tacky even when when it gets wet and even after you've played a few times and "broken it in" it develops a nice suede like feel thats still super absorbant.

during hot summer days, wilson proover grip lasts less than 5 minutes for me.
(which mean once i sweat, it is slippery)

i would also recommend tournagrip and wristband.

roddick_rulz
09-11-2007, 03:21 PM
For absorbtion, tournagrip is the best.

AlpineCadet
09-11-2007, 04:04 PM
^Just ask Roddick! ;)

Noisy Ninja
09-11-2007, 05:06 PM
during hot summer days, wilson proover grip lasts less than 5 minutes for me.
(which mean once i sweat, it is slippery)

i would also recommend tournagrip and wristband.

I previously used tournagrip but they lasted 1 set at most until shredded beyond recognition and saturated with sweat. A friend tuned me into switching to Wilson Pro/Yonex Supergrap overgips and using a beeswax type tackifying cloth marketed for baseball players (the item is cheap in price and easily lasts for months) habitually to restore the overgrip's original tackiness; a little bit of application of the tackifying cloth goes a long way as it can sometimes make the grip too tacky/sticky for quick grip changes.
Anyhow, I now get weeks out of my Wilson Pro/Yonex Supergrap overgrips versus a couple days like before with the Tournagrips. It took a while to adjust to the different feel of the newer type grips but I'm sold with the improvement in performance, longevity, and value. The tournagrip is indeed nice when new but I'd rather apply a tackifying cloth to my Wilson Pro/Yonex Supergrap grips versus wrapping on new grips between sets during matches (i.e. tournagrip). Cost effectiveness is king and many friends who were die-hard tournagrip devotees have since switched.