PDA

View Full Version : Overgrip Problems

Tscott415
08-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Ok so i normally dont use overgrips but i got Prince DuraZorb gray and at first i had someone else put it on but i dont think the put it on tight enough at the edges were all sticking up and in the warmup i got a terrible paper-like cut that caused my hand to bleed a lot, and i didnt have a spare overgrip with me, also it caused my grip to lose tackiness and i didnt want to remove it because i hate the normal Yonex Grip. So when i got home i put on my first overgrip ever and i kept getting wringles near the butt of the racket even after practising multiple times...so what am i doing wrong

tbini87
08-16-2007, 07:19 PM
it is normal to have little wrinkles at the bottom, and if you keep them minimal you will be fine. the more grips you put on the less of a problem it will be. be sure to pull it semi tight and keep it consistent. also overlap the grip a little if you don't already.

JW10S
08-16-2007, 07:24 PM
you're not pulling tight enough on those very few wraps...

jonline
08-17-2007, 02:55 PM
The first few wraps have to be tight and at less of an angle than the rest of the overgrip will be at. You should be able to smooth out the wrinkles quite a bit if you pull tight and cover them up. I'd recommend that you take an old overgrip and practice wrapping it a few times on one of your racquets (of course using no tape. Once you've done this a few times, you should be able to do a flawless overgrip wrapping in no time.

Tscott415
08-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the hlep guys...well i just removed my Prince overgrip to put on new Yonex Super Grap that i just got and the whole grip is covered with grey speckles....how should i remove overgrips to avoid this happening...or is it just inevitable