PDA

View Full Version : Prince 03 Tour OS: looking for some information

AndrewD
08-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Very simple: not much information on the board regarding the 03 Tour Oversize and I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who is currently using it or has tested it.

BlaackSheeep
08-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Chris Lewis, who made the Wimbledon final back in the 80s has a website called Expert Tennis Tips where he reviews most of the new Prince rackets including the 03 Tour OS.

Hobomagic
08-17-2007, 09:27 PM
I did a search on this myself. General concensus seems to be that the Midsize is the better headsize.

AndrewD
08-17-2007, 10:32 PM
BlaackSheeep,

Thankyou very much for the exceptionally helpful tip. I did a search and found Chris Lewis' site and his review of the 03 Tour OS. Obviously he's a Prince guy but I can balance the 03 OS review out against his other ones and form my own conclusion. Regardless, it's more info than I've found anywhere else, thanks again.

Ljubicic for number1
08-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Travlerajm has used it a bit, give him a yell.

dave333
08-18-2007, 04:19 AM
I tried the MP and the OS and both have big sweetspots, great pop, and very dampened. The MP obviously had a little less power and a bit more control, but they felt pretty similar.

AndrewD
08-18-2007, 06:37 AM
dave333,
Thanks for that. I've been having a few shoulder issues of late (most all of my injuries are old football ones) and I seem to get relief when using pretty much any Prince oversize racquet. The POGOS would be my first choice but I would like something a bit more mobile at net and a touch easier to swing. Likelihood is I'll just go with the TT Warrior OS, but I thought I should ask about the 03 Tour OS before I make any final decision.

IanRichardson
08-18-2007, 06:44 AM
I have played with the midsize, midplus, and oversize of the 03 tour. I hit with more power with the midplus, hit with more control with the midsize, and i found the oversize sprays a lot more balls than either the midsize or midplus.