PDA

View Full Version : Have syn gut and poly...need to find the right setup

snoflewis
08-16-2007, 11:41 PM
ok...so on my new mspeeds, i can't play my usual game because the setup i've been using forever, sppp mains and wilson extreme syn gut crosses...my balls are just launching too high and im forced to put more spin than i really want.....tried stringing it at 58 which was too low, and 61, which was still too low. i dont want to go much higher w/ poly in the racket since i've had a good share of arm problems...so my solution is a full syngut job at a higher tension since i played fine with the demo livewire strings strung at 60 (can't afford multis though) OR a syn gut/poly cross...

so now my question is...do i go w/ full syngut or syngut/poly?

knasty131
08-16-2007, 11:49 PM
I have played with a poly/syn hybrid all the way up to 63 and didnt have arm pain from it...alot has to do with the stiffness of the poly (sppp isnt stiff) and the frame...give it a shot...wouldnt hurt to try...or will it?! lol

gotwheels
08-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Some folks just play better with a good synthetic gut set-up. I have a 4.5 MSpeed player that has tried different poly hybrids and he has settled on Pro Supex Spiral Flex 1.30 mains and Prince OSG 16 crossess at 62CP. He, also, has a sensitive arm. Durability has been decent at about 16 hours.

tbini87
08-17-2007, 08:51 AM
i recently switched from a syn poly hybrid back to an all syn gut job strung high, and i have not have any problems. it is easier on the arm and feels a little better to me. why don't you string each frame differently and use them for a week, and then decide which you prefer?

snoflewis
08-17-2007, 09:35 AM
i recently switched from a syn poly hybrid back to an all syn gut job strung high, and i have not have any problems. it is easier on the arm and feels a little better to me. why don't you string each frame differently and use them for a week, and then decide which you prefer?

that's pretty much what it's coming down to...

nickb
08-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Syn gut strung tight feels great...I keep coming back to it.