PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid question

loathsome
08-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Hi all, looked through plenty of post, but still need some help,
i am using a PDR with PHT 17 @ 56, i have no problem generating spin,
but i dun really like the feel, too stiff for my liking, i love the spin potential of poly,
but it does not give me enough feel of the ball and i would like more power.
So i am considering using hybrids.
i have narrowed down my choices down to the following,
Please help me decide.

1. Pro Hurricane 17 mains VS touch 16g cross
2. Pro Hurricane 17 mains Xcel Premium 16g cross
3. Pro Hurricane 17 mains PSGM 16g cross

my mains will be @ 56 and cross @ 59-60

any other suggestions?

bwain
08-17-2007, 12:07 PM
I am currently using PH 17 mains with Xcel 17 crosses at 60 each. No complaints at all (other than the color combo). That being said, I haven't really noticed a huge bump up in feel though. I might be ok with a full PH job. I would try the VS first, you might notice a bigger difference.

loathsome
08-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks bwain, u string yer mains same tension as yer cross ?
could that be why there not much diff ? i was planning to lower the tension
of my mains to bout 54-55. Anyway as for the VS, i will definitely give it a try,
i believe every should use natural gut at least once.

s.sharm01
08-18-2007, 01:58 AM
i think if you want more feel you might consider trying hybriding pht with vs gut if you can afford it with VS on the mains and PHT on the crosses. If not try a high end multi or syn gut. That should provide you with more feel relative to your current setup, and it should give you a little more power.

However i dropped my PD because the power was too much, i can control it now because my technique has gotten alot better. But i don't think you need more power, but if you try the gut mains or the syn or multi mains you will notice a slight jump in power.

loathsome
08-18-2007, 03:39 AM
Thanks for yer suggestion,
but, if i use the VS guts on the mains and PH on e cross, it wont last as long as the other way around and i wont get as much spin ya? the only real reason i use poly is for its spin potential, which i dun think i would get from using VS guts at mains.

i see that you are using Xcel premium, how do u find its durability, i loved the feel and power from it which is pretty close to natural gut, but they move around too much and i broken them in less then 2 weeks. prob due to the way i play, with heavy topspin on both my forehand and backhand,