PDA

View Full Version : AERO STORM for a flat hitter??

centercourt8
08-17-2007, 01:06 AM
Just as the title says.

Im looking into this racquet, but i am a pretty straight forward flat hitter, would this racquet work for me. Im a bit skeptical becuz i was first suggested to try the APD w/ cortex becuz it responded well to flat strokes, which it does, but you could certainly not build you whole entirely flat game around it. The APD needs spin to be able to weild it effectively and consistently, emphasis on consistently. I was wondering if this is the same for the aero storm. And please dont suggest me to learn to use topspin. Im a 5.0+ player that just got done playing 4 years of college tennis (just graduated). I like to occasionally pull out high topspins shots, but my game that i have come to love over the past decade of playing tennis is a flat one. I want the racquet to work for me, not the other way around. What do you think??

Thanks very much for taking the time to read and consider my question! :D

grass_hopper
08-17-2007, 06:11 AM
the apdc does not top spin to make it work. storm does not. I am waiting for my new aero storm to arrive. i also hope it's as good as old storm but with lower swing weight.

centercourt8
08-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I completely agree with you, but i think you could agree with me if i said that the apdc is not the first frame that comes to mind when your looking for something for a flat hitter.

Anyone else with experience on the aero storm?

sasuke32495
08-17-2007, 05:53 PM
its a very flexible racket, well compared to all of the other babolats anyways, its a tad on the heavy side, over all its an awesome racket, and yes you can crank out some flat shots with that beast

saqdeez
08-17-2007, 06:05 PM
If you are a flat hitter and good player get the AG200 !!!!!!!

BOZO
08-17-2007, 08:52 PM
try Yonex RD Ti-80 very solid racquet

Ten_nuts
08-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi guys, i don't think it's a good idea for a flat hitter to try the Aero Storm. I personally used to play with Aero pro Control, and i've tried the Aero Storm for 2 hours and i think they are both almost identical from shape to specs. The only different is i felt the Aero storm is a little easier to swing. Both racquets can make the ball spin crazy. I also have tried the Storm Tour and the Storm Tour Plus and i will keep the Storm TOur plus for myself. The Storm Tour is pretty much the same with Pure control MP 98. In short, if you are a flat hitter and you can handle 11.9 oz racquet like Aero Storm, I suggest you try the Dunlop AeroGel 200. With string 18x20 (which is very good for flat hitter) and weight 11.9 oz, i think it will suit you best.

Micky
08-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Just as the title says.

Im looking into this racquet, but i am a pretty straight forward flat hitter, would this racquet work for me. Im a bit skeptical becuz i was first suggested to try the APD w/ cortex becuz it responded well to flat strokes, which it does, but you could certainly not build you whole entirely flat game around it. The APD needs spin to be able to weild it effectively and consistently, emphasis on consistently. I was wondering if this is the same for the aero storm. And please dont suggest me to learn to use topspin. Im a 5.0+ player that just got done playing 4 years of college tennis (just graduated). I like to occasionally pull out high topspins shots, but my game that i have come to love over the past decade of playing tennis is a flat one. I want the racquet to work for me, not the other way around. What do you think??

Thanks very much for taking the time to read and consider my question! :D

I can't answer your question just yet. Now...if you tell me that you hold your racquet with an Eastern grip...you will be in trouble. If you hold it with Semi-Western...then you will love either one (Cortex or non Cortex). And...with the right strings...you will whip the balls just like Mike Tyson.

noobplayer
08-17-2007, 11:13 PM
i think the racquet would be fine for flat hitting, just that the racquet makes it easier to hit with ts instead so ppl that use a lot of ts would like it more, racquets dont have "hitting" specifications, its all a matter of your technique, not the racquet