PDA

View Full Version : Which are (in order) the 3 strings most similar to Luxilon Alu Power ?

carac
08-17-2007, 02:00 AM
I am trying to test the 'group wisdom' with something that might be easier to check :)

Which are (in order) the 3 strings most similar to Luxilon Alu Power ? (please describe eventual points where differences can be seen).

Based on the results I might later try other tests - for instance the 3 strings most similar to Luxilon Monotec Supersense :)

PBODY99
08-17-2007, 02:45 AM
Strings are so subjective I can't give my opinion to your question unless you list the string properties you feel are important.

carac
08-17-2007, 03:11 AM
Strings are so subjective I can't give my opinion to your question unless you list the string properties you feel are important.

The idea behind the "wisdom of the crowds" is that everybody gives HIS opinion, and then on average the response might be correct most of the time ...

Nuke
08-17-2007, 03:40 AM
Unique Big Hitter is pretty close in feel. Cheaper too, but like ALU, loses tension pretty quickly.

carac
08-17-2007, 04:11 AM
Unique Big Hitter is pretty close in feel. Cheaper too, but like ALU, loses tension pretty quickly.

Interesting, my own opinion so far was that from the poly monofilaments OF THE SAME GAUGE Alu Power was among the best for tension stability - are other polys better ?

lostinamerica
08-17-2007, 04:14 AM
I hate Polys but my experience is SPPP is similar bit better than ALU Power.

PrestigeClassic
08-17-2007, 05:04 AM
RacquetFUEL yellow

carac
08-19-2007, 04:36 AM
I hate Polys but my experience is SPPP is similar bit better than ALU Power.

So far (about 2-3 hours) I have to admit that the very thin SPPP Pure 1.18 seems to hold tension quite well - but I have to admit that I was not hitting very serious with that - I'll see how it goes during the next week ...

However SPPP Pure 1.18 does seem to have a different feel than ALU Power, maybe somewhere towards Supersense (which still is one of my favorite strings ever) - I am also curious on how the tension might/will change some of the feel vs. control. vs power vs. comfort equation ...

RMB
08-20-2007, 06:40 AM
The 3 strings most similar to Luxilon Alu Power are:

1) Unique Big Hitter (16). You can hardly tell any difference. If you want to save some bucks, try an hybrid ALU mains & Unique crosses.

2) Klip k-Boom (16). But has less power and is not cheap. On the positive side, less harm to your arm.

3) Cyberflash.

bsandy
08-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I think all these are basically the same.

Tecnifibre Spinfile Maxipower
Klip K-Boom
Topspin Cyber Flash

. . . Bud