PDA

View Full Version : New Storm Feedback

A_Fish
08-17-2007, 05:33 AM
Hi, I am really looking for some feedback on the new storm (not tour version). I am really keen to get one. Is it much different at all to the old one - I love the old one. What strings have you tried in it and what was it like?

Thanks

RoddickistheMan
08-17-2007, 01:31 PM
im demoing one right now. Very flexible to the point where you can actually feel it flex while hitting. The one I'm using is strung at 55. I think it defintely needs to be strung looser maybe at 50 in order to get enough power and depth. Very maneuverable at net. Very light as well. Only complaint is that it isnt very stable but the flex in the frame makes up for that. When I was swinging the racquet I really noticed that it is a whippy racqet. Very control oriented. I could put the ball wherever I wanted with my groundstrokes. Actually has very good feel for a babolat. Id say above average. Lookwise it is a very nice looking racquet in person. The matte finish around the throat and the glossy head gives this racquet a very clean and solid look.
________
Los angeles dispensaries (http://dispensaries.org/)

A_Fish
08-17-2007, 04:58 PM
so does it feel as solid as the old one? would you say as much power as the old one? wat's the string tension range on it? for stringing 2 piece where is the tie off fro crosses at the top? wat string are using in it? sorry about all the questions

thanks a lot for your help

RoddickistheMan
08-17-2007, 11:27 PM
In my opinion the flex of the racket really cups the ball when you hit the sweet spot. It does not have as much power as the old storm due to the lighter swing weight and lower weight overall. It does have good pop though jsut like the older model. Very spin friendly. The best selling point of this racquet is of course the flex. I would recommend getting it strung lower in order to get the power. It is strung with xcel at 55.
________
VAPIR ONE REVIEW (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/vapir-air-one/)

Bronc10is
08-18-2007, 10:57 AM
My demo has been a pain in the butt on this racket but I have hit with the Pure Storm Team for over a year...is it really ncecessary to demo this racket? Or can I just string it 2 or 3 pounds under my usual tension and have it feel very similar??