PDA

View Full Version : Head MicroGEL Radical Pro - Power-Level??

goforgold99
08-17-2007, 04:51 AM
Hi,

TW rates its powerlevel als "low" (Head MicroGEL Radical Pro (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=MGRADP)), but I've read some reviews that rate its power as medium-high.

Anyone who uses or tested this racquet can comment on that plz?

greetz
goforgold

grass_hopper
08-17-2007, 05:04 AM
a lot of control in this racquet. serves are powerful. everything else takes medium to Long swing. ground strokes would need long and fast swing for best results. it is a solid racquet that does not get pushed around. very low swing weight which is good at volley. if you do take long swing or have the wheels to be waiting for the ball then it's for you.

Char
08-17-2007, 05:15 AM
More power than other racquets rated as "low" in my opinion. Bit too much possibly. I could hit winners with semi-lazy strokes and if I didnt get enough spin applied they would sail on me. I didnt find it quite stable enough for me on volleys and some returns. Serves werent as powerful as the N6195 or K6195. Control was good though.

For me, I'd have to lead up 3/9 or 2/10 and then also compensate under the grip. In retrospect I should have tried that while I had the demo to see the results, but I opted instead to look for something else. Very good racquet though. I'd say dont miss demoing it for sure.

Edit: Oh, I wouldnt say power is "medium-high". Using the site terminology I guess I would say its power is "low-medium" or something like that.

Klatu Verata Necktie
08-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Mine has a good deal of power. It is manouverable racquet with very good control. I found that its moderate power allow me to hit winners more often than with my K90.

vinnier6
08-17-2007, 06:16 AM
because the racquet is heavy its got power...its a low power racquet in the hands of a beginner, but when combined with a skilled level players power the racquet is powerful because of its weight...

oncourt
08-17-2007, 12:00 PM
This racquet has moderate power and very good control.I have been
hitting with it for about a month. It is the racquet I have been looking for because of the weight- not too heavy and not too light. I am an aggressive all court 14 year old junior girl. Additionally the racquet is stable and has helped to improve my serve tremendously. It is also very functional at the net . I recommend it.

sasuke32495
08-17-2007, 04:52 PM
yeah, this racket has nice control and a low to medium power rating thing, very good all around

JW10S
08-17-2007, 06:48 PM
I think low power is about right. It's a bit heavier than some racquets and has a more open string pattern than most HEAD racquets though so I would say it rewards your hard hit shots with some good power but is still very controllable.