PDA

View Full Version : Deflection on MicroGel radical o/s

steebo
08-17-2007, 06:00 AM
Just wondering if anyone notices the racquet is a little hard to get out of your stringer. When unstrung, it is exactly 27", but after stringing, about 1/16 to 1/8" shorter, even strung at mid range. In TW's description It sounds as if this would be normal. "HEAD updates its ever popular Radical line with MicroGel technology. The MicroGel material is included inthe frame construction and placed all the way around the head of the racquet. HEAD states that when combined with carbon composite fibers in the racquet head, the MicroGel deforms and compresses upon ball impact" I tried stringing the first 2 mains, then stringing 2 crosses with a scrap piece of string, and holding with a flying clamp.
Also, anyone found a string set up that doesn't feel so mushy? I have tried
X-1 bio@63lbs, ALU power@58, and Prince syn gut w/dura@63, liking the PSG the most, but not great, and it broke in the 6th set.
Any help appreciated.
Steve

vinnier6
08-17-2007, 06:14 AM
i dont know about stringing the racquet, but that racquet is very flexible so that equals a very soft feeling racquet...you might be getting that mixed up with thinking you got mushy strings...if your going to use soft strings in a soft racquet then string them up tight...otherwise, you might be better off using a full poly set up...

steebo
08-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Thanks, That's what I'll try next strung a little tighter. I have always used a flexy racqquet, but this is my first oversize.