PDA

View Full Version : Why does Roddick like to blow his mouth when hitting

tennis_hand
08-17-2007, 07:28 AM
every photo of his shows his mouth full of air. :confused:

Aeropro master
08-17-2007, 07:31 AM
It's the same as grunting. When you exhale your mouth after every shot, your muscles stay loose.

rommil
08-17-2007, 08:39 AM

He is trying to expel all that Taco Bell gas out.....

Shashwat
08-17-2007, 08:45 AM
He likes to blow things.

Keifers
08-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Holding back a scream -- unlike his friend, Maria?

Nuke
08-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Same reason Michael Jordan used to stick out his tongue when shooting -- it's just a habit.

Michelangelo
08-17-2007, 10:03 AM
To my knowledge, Roddick, Chang and so forth are actually practicing some kinda Chinese kung-fu called Toad. Once you master it it will generate 10x to 50x more power than an average human being can.

Kobble
08-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Based on the way the original poster describes it, I am inclined to believe there is something wrong with Roddick. The only problem I have is deciding exactly what is wrong with Roddick. Is he suffering from a disease, mentally ********, gay, or child perve? Fill in the blanks for me.

serve/and/volley
08-17-2007, 10:21 AM
To my knowledge, Roddick, Chang and so forth are actually practicing some kinda Chinese kung-fu called Toad. Once you master it it will generate 10x to 50x more power than an average human being can.

AWESOME! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

tennis_hand
08-17-2007, 10:26 AM

you mean this?

http://www.filmfodder.com/movies/reviews/kung_fu_hustle/images/kung_fu_hustle.jpg

tennispro11
08-17-2007, 04:24 PM
That is gross! :o

dave333
08-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Kung Fu Hustle is one sick nasty movie.

Eviscerator
08-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Based on the way the original poster describes it, I am inclined to believe there is something wrong with Roddick. The only problem I have is deciding exactly what is wrong with Roddick. Is he suffering from a disease, mentally ********, gay, or child perve? Fill in the blanks for me.

:roll: :roll:

tennispro11
08-17-2007, 04:49 PM

Mario Ancic does the same thing, but he is louder than Roddick.

raiden031
08-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Roddick also sticks out his tongue alot in case no one notices. I noticed th air in the mouth thing as well. He's makes some of the funniest faces when he's playing.

superstition
08-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Is he suffering from a disease, mentally ********, gay, or child perve? Fill in the blanks for me.
A poor troll. Next!

http://www.cannet.com/~reesedw/snlow.jpg

Kobble
08-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Get off the Soup ****'s dong. The original poster is a dumb troll, and so are you.

superstition
08-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Better pack it up.

tennispro11
08-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Get off the Soup ****'s dong. The original poster is a dumb troll, and so are you.

Why are you getting ****ed off? SS is just stating his opinion, nothing wrong with that.

Kobble
08-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Nice passive-agressive strategy, with what seems to be another screen name. You are a lightweight.

Robbie_1988
08-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Roddick does it because his idol is the Big Bad Wolf.

luckyguy
08-18-2007, 04:07 AM
it's physiologically advisable to exhale (blow) when performing a strenous activity, just like in lifting weights..

princess bossass
08-18-2007, 11:23 AM

Wow, you just casually insulted the developmentally disabled, homosexuals, and Roddick in one breath. What an accomplishment. You must be a genius yourself. :roll:

forzainter
08-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Nice passive-agressive strategy, with what seems to be another screen name. You are a lightweight.

honeslty, i really dont believe they are the same person

Challenger
08-18-2007, 11:46 AM

I suppose that makes you a featherweight then. =)

superstition
08-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Karl would never allow me to use multiple screen names, nor have I any plans to try. Try another tack.

There are some others who have agreed with things I've said, too. Imagine that.

superstition
08-18-2007, 12:08 PM
it's physiologically advisable to exhale (blow) when performing a strenous activity, just like in lifting weights..
That's good to know. I guess I'll try to not be annoyed when I see him do it. I don't think there's a physiological explanation for Sharapova's stiff ball bouncing during her service ritual, though. How about Djokovic's hypnotic ball bouncing? How many bounces can a player use before it's considered gamesmanship?

Kobble
08-18-2007, 01:20 PM
To all my humble followers, or follower. Learn to read, get rid of your extra screen names, and get a life. This used to be the best tennis forum before you showed up. I never saw any of you juveniles in any real tennis discussion, or anything entertaining for that matter. It is too bad, at least I will have the memories of a positive and stimulating tennis environment. It is YOUR loss, not mine, and be my guest to try and convince yourself otherwise.

Michelangelo
08-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Roddick also sticks out his tongue alot in case no one notices. I noticed th air in the mouth thing as well. He's makes some of the funniest faces when he's playing.
I think he has extra sweat gland there (think about why dogs do the same thing)...

Challenger
08-18-2007, 01:42 PM
To all my humble followers, or follower. Learn to read, get rid of your extra screen names, and get a life. This used to be the best tennis forum before you showed up. I never saw any of you juveniles in any real tennis discussion, or anything entertaining for that matter. It is too bad, at least I will have the memories of a positive and stimulating tennis environment. It is YOUR loss, not mine, and be my guest to try and convince yourself otherwise.

Are you sure you're not just being stupid? If you feel that confident in you suspicions, then get a mod to check out their IPs. IMO, their posting styles should be evidence enough that they're not the same posters.

Challenger
08-18-2007, 01:45 PM
I never saw any of you juveniles in any real tennis discussion, or anything entertaining for that matter. It is too bad, at least I will have the memories of a positive and stimulating tennis environment. It is YOUR loss, not mine, and be my guest to try and convince yourself otherwise.

And speaking of juvenile, who was the one bringing up the mentally ********, homosexuals, and child pervs? If that's what you consider "stimulating" tennis discussion, then maybe we're better off without you.

musicalmedic81
08-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Well, if you want a technical explanation, its called holding PEEP (Positive End Expiratory Pressure) What happens is this: in your lungs, oxygen is exchanged for Co2 in the alveoli, which appear as small, sherical looking 'sacs'. Your lungs are capable of holding about 1500 cc of air, while your normal breaths are only mostly about 500 cc. Over time, those unused alveoli will start to collapse, which in most cases will generate a yawn, to reinflate them. But in Roddicks case, he is "pursing" his lips and blowing to manually hold back pressure into his lungs and get those alveoli open so he can draw in as much oxygen as he can with each breath. He doesnt even know he's doing it, its a reflex You can do the same thing, just narrow your lips as if you're getting ready to drink through a straw, and blow hard.

Now... you want the simple and probably the more realistic answer? : thats just what he does with his mouth before he hits a tennis ball.

Kobble
08-18-2007, 03:34 PM
And speaking of juvenile, who was the one bringing up the mentally ********, homosexuals, and child pervs? If that's what you consider "stimulating" tennis discussion, then maybe we're better off without you. I am almost convinced you believe what you are saying, but I trust my instinct. By the way, the next time I make an obviously sarcastic remark I'll spell it out for you. It was the original poster (maybe your long lost brother?) who was insulting Roddick, but you don't jump on him. Interesting choice. Maybe he didn't use the trigger word you look for. Anyway, biased or naive, they are equally pathetic qualities.