PDA

View Full Version : Flying K90?

rallison
08-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Anyone have any experience with the K90 sending balls deep? I normally hit fairly flat, so that could be part of it. But, I am currently using a PS 6.1 95 and don't have that problem. Would like to hear what you did to remedy the problem and if you decided to stick with it. Thanks!

nickb
08-17-2007, 09:01 AM
The K90 is low powered...if balls are flying it is you not the k90...hit with more topspin or try a higher tension,

Shashwat
08-17-2007, 09:11 AM
I like how people blame their racquet when they do a mistake.

it is you playing, not the racquet.

jmverdugo
08-17-2007, 09:26 AM
^^ exactly, the k90 is sending the ball deep?, the reacket cant send the balls deep by itself.

Maybe it is because is a little heavier and you cant swing it fast enough to put sufficient topspin. Just my opinion though.

ps60
08-17-2007, 09:35 AM
i did try the AK90 and it has lot of power.

All stiff and heavy racket has lot of power. U may need to hold back a bit. Or it is the string being too loooooooooose.

My 95" (more like a 97") Prince Rebel, a very stiff, 335g, 31cm Balanced and 18x20 racket, also sent a ball to the next court (with a 2 storey high fence in btwn) with my left hand today. I 've got to control the elevation angle of the outgoing ball and put lot of topspin on it. Also, need to hold some horse.

dave333
08-17-2007, 09:36 AM
You are probably opening the racquet face too much. Its pretty difficult to send shots long with a k90 if you keep hitting the ball techinically correctly.

tarkowski
08-17-2007, 09:46 AM
^^ exactly, the k90 is sending the ball deep?, the reacket cant send the balls deep by itself.

Maybe it is because is a little heavier and you cant swing it fast enough to put sufficient topspin. Just my opinion though.

I would think this to be the issue as well. The K90 with it's stiffness and weight is powerful for this class of stick, however, it is still quite a bit less powerful than your current stick, the PS 6.1 95. I'm thinking it will just take some getting used to the weight and balance. If you're hitting late, you're more likely to hit with an open face and send the ball long.

Michelangelo
08-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Among racquets in the class, KSix-One Tour 90 is powerful.
Among all racquets, KSix-One Tour 90's power level is (relatively) low.

drakulie
08-17-2007, 11:42 AM
I like how people blame their racquet when they do a mistake.

it is you playing, not the racquet.

I agree. :)

Shashwat
08-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Well what i did was switch to the K 95. But now i want to switch back because my technique has become a lot better over the summer with camps and lessons.

So maybe its not the racquet for you. If you want to get rid of it, I will gladly buy it. Or trade for a FXP radical which is a very good racquet, but just too light for me. ;)

contact me if you want to though.

Craig Sheppard
08-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Anyone have any experience with the K90 sending balls deep? I normally hit fairly flat, so that could be part of it. But, I am currently using a PS 6.1 95 and don't have that problem. Would like to hear what you did to remedy the problem and if you decided to stick with it. Thanks!

Come on guys be nice... this probably means you're not getting around fast enough on the ball and hitting a flatter shot w/ the K90. The PS 6.1 has a lower swingweight, which probably means you can get a little more racket head speed with it... which in turn lets you get more spin. The K90, being a little heavier, is just a little harder to get around, so to compensate, you're hitting flatter, which is causing the balls to sail. It's not the racket itself though...

uni
08-17-2007, 03:25 PM
I had a similar experience but only because i hadnt played for a month, but then it was okay after a day