PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 U.S. Open Contenders

Dimonator133
08-17-2007, 07:22 AM
OK, now we're getting to guys I think have a legit chance to make the semi-finals (obviously depending on the draw, because I still think Djokovic and Nadal (if healthy) are the only two who have a real chance of beating Federer).

Starting it off is a guy who was simply lethal at Wimbledon, but it's gone south since then, capped off with a nasty blister problem this week. But if he's healthy, he has the game (and the backhand) to make plenty of noise. Coming in next:

#10: Richard Gasquet (http://www.protennisblog.com/9.html)

Dimonator133
08-18-2007, 01:08 PM
He's just a solid player, and while he hasn't been making any noise on the U.S. hard courts, he is still playing good tennis - good enough to parlay all his U.S. Open points from last year (where he dominated Nadal in the quarters) into a current Top 10 ATP ranking. Coming in next:

#9: Mikhail Youzhny (http://www.protennisblog.com/9.html)

bagung
08-18-2007, 01:12 PM
other than nadal and djokovic, nobody has a chance against the great federer...........................................

consigliere
08-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Richard Gasquet cant play worth ****. He sucks. PH Mathieu is way better.

Oh and if Djokovic didnt defeat Federer a few weeks ago, you wouldnt bring up his name, would ya ?

Dimonator133
08-18-2007, 01:37 PM
well PHM certainly played better on the hard courts, but Gasquet has way more talent and potential to compete for Grand Slams

as long as his blister isn't a factor, Gasquet should have a solid Open

natasha_nana
08-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Federer
Djokovic
Roddick
Nadal
Hewitt
Davydenko
Blake
Berdych
Youzhny
Gasquet

*Safin can come anywhere on this list depending on which Safin turns up to the USO - considering recent form, I'd say he's off the list for the moment.

I agree - dont think PHM has it in him to win a Slam at the moment. But who knows. I wouldn't put him above number 9 position on the list though.

Benhur
08-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Federer
Djokovic
Roddick
Nadal
Hewitt
Davydenko
Blake
Berdych
Youzhny
Gasquet

That seems about right. Exceptm judging by the way Blake has been hitting the ball in his last few matches, I'd move him up at least a couple of spots. If he can keep it up, he will be trouble to anybody. Also, it's a big if whether Nadal will have time to get back to top form from now till the Open. Unlike clay, where he can still beat most players even if not playing well, he needs to be at his best to do that on hard courts.

Lleytian3
08-18-2007, 05:14 PM
He's just a solid player, and while he hasn't been making any noise on the U.S. hard courts, he is still playing good tennis - good enough to parlay all his U.S. Open points from last year (where he dominated Nadal in the quarters) into a current Top 10 ATP ranking. Coming in next:

#9: Mikhail Youzhny (http://www.protennisblog.com/9.html)

i agree. gasquet and youhnzy are good legimate choices. results speak for themselves. gasquet did take out andy at WO and made the semis. youhnzy has proven himself to be a dangerous floater.

once PH mathieu can start proving himself in the slams, we got something to talk about, until then there is nothing to talk about. PHM is talented but he isnt getting the results. PERIOD

saram
08-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Roger
Rafa
Djokovic
Roddick
Blake
Baghdatis
Gonzo
Hewitt
Safin
Berdych

Zaragoza
08-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Ok this is my list:

1-Federer
2/3-Nadal/Djokovic depending if Djokovic is on Federerīs half or not.
4-Roddick
5-Blake
6-Davydenko
7-Hewitt
8-Youzhny
9-Stepanek
10-Ferrero

Del Potro and Querrey could make a big impact too.

DashaandSafin
08-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Nadal hasn't done anything on the courts at the Open...Why is he so high?

saram
08-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Nadal hasn't done anything on the courts at the Open...Why is he so high?

Because he is #2 in the world, a grinder, tough as nails, fast as hell, tough as hell, never quits mentally or physically and pused Roger on grass at Wimby. Need more examples? ;)

Forehand Forever
08-18-2007, 07:17 PM
I'd put Roddick and Blake equal, maybe Blake higher judging by how Blake's playing right now. Roddick's my favorite player but Blake's my second favorite almost tied for 1st. I see Blake beating Roddick though if they were to play.

DashaandSafin
08-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Because he is #2 in the world, a grinder, tough as nails, fast as hell, tough as hell, never quits mentally or physically and pused Roger on grass at Wimby. Need more examples? ;)

Take a look at his past USO record. And oh yea, the USO courts are faster than Wimby. Unfortuante, yet sadly true.

xtremerunnerars
08-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Never quits? Try cincy. He may be dedicated, but don't pretend that he's the terminator.

I agree with the earlier list and also agree with the safin comments. If I had to put money on anyone, I'd have to go with the smart bet and take roger.

Klatu Verata Necktie
08-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Guillermo Canas

What about Canas? I think he's got just as good a shot as some of the players listed such as Youzhny, Gasquet, and Berdych.

PH Mathieu had an eye opening match against Canas in the Montreal Masters last week. I agree that he hasn't had the consistent results to put him among the top contenders, but he will be a dangerous floater.

Klatu Verata Necktie
08-18-2007, 07:59 PM
By the way. . . Gonzo must be a great player because his ranking is high, but he seems to have a bad day every time I catch him on TV. Has he had great results that haven't been broadcast in the States?

tennispro11
08-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Never quits? Try cincy. He may be dedicated, but don't pretend that he's the terminator.

I agree with the earlier list and also agree with the safin comments. If I had to put money on anyone, I'd have to go with the smart bet and take roger.

Injury is different from never quits. He tries the hardest out of any player on tour today. He wasn't pretending that he was the terminator just stating the reason why he picked him as a favorite. You are picking one player when this whole thread is about what PLAYERS you think will do good. You missed the point completely, I think. I would pick Nadal as a favorite as well as a few others.

tennispro11
08-18-2007, 08:04 PM
By the way. . . Gonzo must be a great player because his ranking is high, but he seems to have a bad day every time I catch him on TV. Has he had great results that haven't been broadcast in the States?

Not really, he has been in a slump lately. Not sure why, but it seems like he can't consistently play well to get a few wins in a row.

Jasyn19
08-18-2007, 08:25 PM
I cannot see anyone getting past Federer at the moment. His attack and defence are so good most of the time. This list is therefore about who can get past him in a Slam.

For me, Djokovic seems most likely. Djoky at W, carrying huge exhaustion and injury baggage, took a set off Nadal and then clobbered him in Montreal - which for me makes Djoky more likely than Nadal to challenge Federer. Nadal doesn't seem to be all that comfortable on hard courts while Djokovic claims they are his favourite surface. The rest of the list is very fluid - I'd probably write it differently an hour from now.

1 Federer
2 Djokovic

no particular order...
Davydenko
Hewitt
Blake
Nadal
Roddick
Youzhny
Berdych
Baghdatis

Lleytian3
08-18-2007, 09:50 PM
i think people misunderstand what this thread is all about. this is not make your top 10. this is the top 10 of dimonator133.

if you go from the previous thread of 25 contenders for the 25days of the us open then you understand what this thread is about

Dimonator133
08-18-2007, 10:00 PM
i think people misunderstand what this thread is all about. this is not make your top 10. this is the top 10 of dimonator133.

if you go from the previous thread of 25 contenders for the 25days of the us open then you understand what this thread is about

haha well at least it looks like a lot more interest is generated now that we're down to the Top 10, with everyone posting their own rankings and whatnot. Maybe I now I can expand my U.S. Open page with a mass of fan top 10 contenders rankings in addition to my own.

Ambivalent
08-18-2007, 10:12 PM
1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Roddick
4. Gasquet

All the rest is pudding. Explanation below

1. Federer - Obviously him because he simply owns.
2. Nadal - Nadal has shown that he can improve greatly in the course of a year. He has made a run to the Wimbeldon finals twice only after few grass tourneys and even pushed Fed to a decisive 5th set this year. Despite having trouble in past USO, i believe his improvement will be able to set him up for at least a semifinal run
3. Roddick - Home country favorite Roddick on fast courts with his lethal serve is always a force to be reckoned with. Although always doubted, Roddick has the potential to make it far, i'd say to the quarters at least.
4. Gasquet - Beautiful backhand and all court game. One of my favorite players. Excellent strokes all over and the clutchness to hit winners when he needs them.

daddy
08-18-2007, 10:18 PM
1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Roddick
4. Gasquet

All the rest is pudding. Explanation below

1. Federer - Obviously him because he simply owns.
2. Nadal - Nadal has shown that he can improve greatly in the course of a year. He has made a run to the Wimbeldon finals twice only after few grass tourneys and even pushed Fed to a decisive 5th set this year. Despite having trouble in past USO, i believe his improvement will be able to set him up for at least a semifinal run
3. Roddick - Home country favorite Roddick on fast courts with his lethal serve is always a force to be reckoned with. Although always doubted, Roddick has the potential to make it far, i'd say to the quarters at least.
4. Gasquet - Beautiful backhand and all court game. One of my favorite players. Excellent strokes all over and the clutchness to hit winners when he needs them.

This is funny, nadal lost to djokovic this year twice, won once on hard, roddick lost once not won, and gasquet never won against djokovic. Yet hes not on the list, and hes the only player to beat Roger on that fast court.

Good thinking though. Women tend to think like this - you present 6 facts to them, they say yes six times, but when you make a conclusion based on those facts - they say oh no, thats not correct.

;)

Jasyn19
08-19-2007, 02:56 AM
daddy, "ambivalent's" just living up to his/her screen name - ambivalence allows for opposing views to be held simultaneously. I'm not suggesting that's not VERY strange.

saram
08-19-2007, 04:33 AM

Get real--he quit due to an injury.

Duzza
08-19-2007, 04:39 AM
Get real--he quit due to an injury.

When was the last time someone quit not due to an injury?

daddy
08-19-2007, 06:03 AM
daddy, "ambivalent's" just living up to his/her screen name - ambivalence allows for opposing views to be held simultaneously. I'm not suggesting that's not VERY strange.

Thanks, I was wondering if I was getting nuts for a moment but this clkears it. ! Whoa ! ;)

Dimonator133
08-19-2007, 08:13 AM
He fared well at both Roland Garros and Wimbledon, and he's still playing solid - but not spectacular - tennis. After last year's epic loss to Agassi, he should have the support of the crowd next week at Flushing Meadows. Coming in next:

#8: Marcos Baghdatis (http://www.protennisblog.com/9.html)

daddy
08-19-2007, 08:17 AM
He fared well at both Roland Garros and Wimbledon, and he's still playing solid - but not spectacular - tennis. After last year's epic loss to Agassi, he should have the support of the crowd next week at Flushing Meadows. Coming in next:

Inconsistent, but good, not too serious about his tennis and gets too friendly with oponents while on cours. SMiles a bit too much and has a football crowd, resembles a monkey and is a good thing for tennis, certanly not better than 8th but its on the spot.

Turning Pro
08-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Fed
Djokovic/Nadal
Hewitt
Roddick
Blake
Safin
Gasquest/Berdych
Haas/Davydenko

Lleyton Hewitt
08-19-2007, 09:25 AM
i would be suprised if Hewitt isnt 3rd in the list.

Fed
Djokovic
Hewitt
Nadal
Roddick

fps
08-19-2007, 10:02 AM

Ah he's great for tennis, inventive with plenty of flair, much more fun to watch than Nadal or Djoko because he smiles and enjoys himself on court (i could care less if djokovic is a showman when he's not actually playing).

anointedone
08-19-2007, 02:26 PM
1. Federer
2. Djokovic
3. Nadal
4. Hewitt
5. Blake or Roddick

In that order going in.

joesixtoe
08-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Mark my words boy, mark them well.... Bagdaddy takes the trophy

Dimonator133
08-20-2007, 09:56 AM
He beats people he's supposed to beat, he loses - ALWAYS - to people he's supposed to lose to. For now, that's good enough to be No. 4 in the world. At this rate he won't be No. 4 at the U.S. Open. Coming in next:

#7: Nikolay Davydenko (http://www.protennisblog.com/9.html)

daddy
08-20-2007, 10:26 AM
He beats people he's supposed to beat, he loses - ALWAYS - to people he's supposed to lose to. For now, that's good enough to be No. 4 in the world. At this rate he won't be No. 4 at the U.S. Open. Coming in next:

#7: Nikolay Davydenko (http://www.protennisblog.com/9.html)
\

No chance in the world. Too consistent for his own good, menaing he always plays his game, can not under or overachieve. he will go to quarters, at best semis. IMO.

Dimonator133
08-20-2007, 11:03 AM
can not under or overachieve. he will go to quarters, at best semis. IMO.

totally agreed. exactly what I said in my write-up.

luv2volley
08-20-2007, 03:40 PM
i would be suprised if Hewitt isnt 3rd in the list.

Fed
Djokovic
Hewitt
Nadal
Roddick

Hewitt can rally with anybody but his serve is not a weapon yet and of course, the foot faults.
I think Djokovic will take the USO. Beating world top three players in one single tournament, something is clicking for him.

Dimonator133
08-21-2007, 10:37 AM
I was torn between two others at #6, but among other things, I don't like that this guy has never made it past the quarters of a Slam, and I don't like that he's never won a 5-set match in his entire career. Coming in next:

#6: James Blake (http://www.protennisblog.com/9.html)

Tchocky
08-21-2007, 10:58 AM
If Djokovic is on bottom half of the draw, then I could him meeting Roger in the final. On the women's side, it's Justine's tourney to lose. I don't think anyone can beat her if she's playing her best tennis.

koopa_troopa
08-21-2007, 11:00 AM
I think Bagdhatis will go far. Maybe even semfinals. He hasn't been playing great so far and has a lot to make up for in this tournament. And he will play well in front of the loud crowds.

Tchocky
08-21-2007, 11:02 AM
I think Bagdhatis will go far. Maybe even semfinals. He hasn't been playing great so far and has a lot to make up for in this tournament. And he will play well in front of the loud crowds.

Yeah...I could see Marcos getting to the quarters or better. It really depends on the draw. I thought he played well in Cincy.

daddy
08-21-2007, 11:10 AM

He definitly needs to prove that the one fional he got to was not a fluke. I firmly believe he will not prove anything, remains to be seen.

daddy
08-21-2007, 11:13 AM
I was torn between two others at #6, but among other things, I don't like that this guy has never made it past the quarters of a Slam, and I don't like that he's never won a 5-set match in his entire career. Coming in next:

#6: James Blake (http://www.protennisblog.com/9.html)

My guess - he will make it this time around. That is to the quarters or semis for sure. Then again, didnt he lose to agassi in epic match in semis in USO 05 ? Or waas it not ?

Nevermind, how I look at it, he plays his best at hard and in usa, so he has a point to prove. Aging and eevrything, he will certanly not win but certanly go far. HOw far, depends on the draw.

NamRanger
08-21-2007, 03:41 PM
I'd honestly put Roddick at #2 rather then #3 despite Djokovic playing well on hardcourts. Other then a first round crash to Muller, since 2003 Roddick has been rock solid at the U.S. Open.

Turning Pro
08-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Hewitt > Roddick at the open.

VikingSamurai
08-21-2007, 05:44 PM
On form of the last few weeks. I would have Hewitt at #2.. You seriously cant keep putting Nadal at #2 for no reason other than he is Nadal..

As for Djokovic, he won a tournament, but it took the life out of him to do it. Fed just shrugged the loss off, and then went on and won the next tournament comfortably.. Djokovic is talented, but will be scratchy like a young Boris Becker, and really wont become a great..

Roddick is in my opinion not in the same league anymore and is just making up the numbers these days.. Same as Blake. always around, but never really hurting anyone..

If fit, Haas can match it with the best, and if gets a good run, could impress.. I will watch him closely.. Youzhny is another one that could bring out the big one if given a good run.. Always liked the way he played..

But for sheer determination. A change of attitude, equipment, and finally fit. I give Hewitt every chance to be at-least #2 for this tournament..

Spider
08-21-2007, 10:26 PM
On form of the last few weeks. I would have Hewitt at #2.. You seriously cant keep putting Nadal at #2 for no reason other than he is Nadal..

As for Djokovic, he won a tournament, but it took the life out of him to do it. Fed just shrugged the loss off, and then went on and won the next tournament comfortably.. Djokovic is talented, but will be scratchy like a young Boris Becker, and really wont become a great..

Roddick is in my opinion not in the same league anymore and is just making up the numbers these days.. Same as Blake. always around, but never really hurting anyone..

If fit, Haas can match it with the best, and if gets a good run, could impress.. I will watch him closely.. Youzhny is another one that could bring out the big one if given a good run.. Always liked the way he played..

But for sheer determination. A change of attitude, equipment, and finally fit. I give Hewitt every chance to be at-least #2 for this tournament..

federer got owned in the final against Djoker so wanted to prove he is the second best on hard courts since indian wells this year and so he played Cinci with a point to prove that he is the second best .

Whats your excuse for last year when federer lost to Murray in straights ,did that toronto win take the life out of him too ;)

VikingSamurai
08-21-2007, 10:39 PM
federer got owned in the final against Djoker so wanted to prove he is the second best on hard courts since indian wells this year and so he played Cinci with a point to prove that he is the second best .

Whats your excuse for last year when federer lost to Murray in straights ,did that toronto win take the life out of him too ;)

What is wrong with you people?.. When Borg was #1 he lost to people. When Lendl was #1 he lost to people. When Sampras was #1 he lost to people.

When Roger loses to someone you idiots want to start threads that the person that beat him should be classed as the GOAT..

So someone beats him from time to time. But there is only one person that can push Federer on all surfaces, and I know for fact Federer hates having to play, and that is Hewitt.. Nadal might have it over him on clay, but that wont be for long. But as a player of all surfaces, Hewitt although not winning against him, always makes a show of it..

Oh, and he never tanks in warm up tournaments, and says he is too tired because he won the last tournament... He always gives 100%

superman1
08-22-2007, 01:32 AM
Hewitt has been looking sharp lately. Roddick, despite his loss at Cincy, should go deep. No one is going to beat Federer. Nadal isn't getting to the final and Djokovic is not going to repeat the magic. Blake, with the right draw, could do some damage with the J-block by his side.

ninman
08-22-2007, 01:48 AM
I think there is only one contender for the US open and it's Federer. He has to be the overwhelming favourite. Winning 3 out of 5 sets against him on a hard court is harder probably than winning 3 out of 5 sets against Nadal on a clay court.

VikingSamurai
08-22-2007, 02:49 AM
Finally some sanity.. And I am not really a Fed fan.. I am soooo sick of people thinking of Nadal as being great, only because they are in love with him.. Take him away from clay, and he is just about as average as they come.. I am so over the over-hype of that guy.. I give Moya more credit, as he actually can play a bit on hard courts..

daddy
08-22-2007, 02:56 AM
Okay this is correct, Fed is the favourite and probably the biggest one at USO for a long time. But lets look at other contenders ? Hewitt, Roddick, Blake, most serious of the Bunch, Gonzalez and Baghdatis and Berdych there about. I left out Nadal and Djokovic on purpose.

I disagree about Roddick being nr2 contender for the title. He can be nr2 to get to the final but there - he will loseto fed almost 100%. But there are people who can contest federer, and its not him. Djokovic won against hewitt 2 times this year, gras and hard, against roddick one time, hard, against Blake - he did not play as I recollect.

For me these are the guys to look at, nadal would surprise me with good result. Hewitt and Roddick unable to beat federer can only go far in the tour, not win. Djokovic on good day and Federer on bad, that is why djokovic is nr2 for me. Then go the rest of great hard court players along with nadal, then the 2nd group as I mentioned.

I tip blake to go far, nadal to go off in quarters or before, and at least one guy surprise package in quarters or semis. Looks like a guessing game but we will see.

jt1224x0
08-22-2007, 05:28 AM
If Djokovic is on bottom half of the draw, then I could him meeting Roger in the final. On the women's side, it's Justine's tourney to lose. I don't think anyone can beat her if she's playing her best tennis.

VENUS, SERENA, MARIA AND EVE;) N JANKOVIC

jt1224x0
08-22-2007, 05:33 AM
Why so many people are attacking NADAL FOR?

SuperPhong
08-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Why so many people are attacking NADAL FOR?

Nobody is attacking him just pointing out he's over-rated on hard courts.

Dimonator133
08-22-2007, 07:40 AM
Tough call, but his current form and past results at the Open have to place him here. Coming in next:

#5: Rafael Nadal (http://www.protennisblog.com/9.html)

luv2volley
08-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Tough call, but his current form and past results at the Open have to place him here. Coming in next:

Wow #5, this is kinda low after the French Open and Wimbledon performance.
Federer is still the top favorite, isn't he?

fastdunn
08-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Top 5 is a slam caliber and others not, basically.

Of course, there are young new slam caliber talents who can get zoned
and win it all (like Sampras in 1990).

And there's veteran talents(Nalbandian,Hewitt and maybe Safin)
who can be always dangerous..

JBlake27
08-22-2007, 02:57 PM
I think Blake can win the only player he cant beat is Fed and his draw is very hard ( Roddick, Berydch etc.

daddy
08-22-2007, 04:46 PM

I agree. Nr5 probably the best place to put him in. Nut considering the draw, I am not so confident that roddick who is yet to come in your liest, has a better chance. SO maybe, you should change the favourites places according to the draw.

Topaz
08-22-2007, 05:09 PM

I don't think so, considering the French is clay, and Wimby is grass. Nadal has yet to prove himself on the hardcourts in NY. I think #5 is appropriate. Nadal is certainly vulnerable at the Open, and not a shoe-in for the final.

VikingSamurai
08-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Just on consistancy alone, Hewitt has to be #2 behind Roger. Also for the fact that he has won it before suggests that he mentally knows what is needed. Sure Roddick has won it once, but in my opinion, that was a one off and simply wont be repeated at any slam again..

Other than Federer, Hewitt will be the most feared match up for the other players.. Djokovic may not think so, but his over confidence at the moment will end up being his weakness.. If there is ever a fighter that has every trick thrown at him, Hewitt for mind has really impressed me of late..

In saying that, I am not a real big fan of the guy, other than he being an Australian.. And would like him in top form for the Davis Cup.. I think he is als working with Tony Roache again, so that may be another reason for the change of form..

Dimonator133
08-22-2007, 09:20 PM

what does the French Open have anything to do with U.S.? Did you consider Gaudio a favorite for the U.S. Open in 2004??!?!?!?

Nadal made it to the finals of Wimby last year and still got owned by Youzhny.

Anyway, as I wrote in the caption, it's not hard to justify #5 ranking when you look at Nadal's past Open results.

daddy
08-22-2007, 09:38 PM
what does the French Open have anything to do with U.S.? Did you consider Gaudio a favorite for the U.S. Open in 2004??!?!?!?

Nadal made it to the finals of Wimby last year and still got owned by Youzhny.

Anyway, as I wrote in the caption, it's not hard to justify #5 ranking when you look at Nadal's past Open results.

Yep but as I said, the guys who are to come usually should beat nadal when facing him at hard. But many of them are in top half of the draw - making it impossible to meet with him before finals, thus roddick and blake are on feds side - their chances are smaller.

Thats why nadal has a better chance then roddick who is yet to come at your list, thats my point.

gerikoh
08-22-2007, 09:40 PM
1 Federer
2 Djokovic
3 Hewitt
4 Roddick
5 Nadal
6 Blake
7 Gonzales
8 Cannas
9 Haas
10 Safin

Dimonator133
08-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Now that the draw is out I can take it into account for the final four contenders, although I think it's pretty bad for all four. But the potential quarterfinal matchup for this guy is especially disastrous. Coming in next:

#4: Andy Roddick (http://www.protennisblog.com/9.html)

daddy
08-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Now that the draw is out I can take it into account for the final four contenders, although I think it's pretty bad for all four. But the potential quarterfinal matchup for this guy is especially disastrous. Coming in next:

As said before, I give him 0% chance of winning, I give him low chance of going deep into the tournament due to horrible draw, and I think he should be at nr 5 or below, given the draw he has. Nadal should be above, although he is certanlly not a better hard court player than Andy.

Dimonator133
08-23-2007, 09:56 AM
As said before, I give him 0% chance of winning, I give him low chance of going deep into the tournament due to horrible draw, and I think he should be at nr 5 or below, given the draw he has. Nadal should be above, although he is certanlly not a better hard court player than Andy.

yep, without the draw Nadal should be ranked below. After all, Roddick would beat him h-to-h at the Open, I'm confident of that. With the draw, Nadal should be ahead of Roddick AND Hewitt.

federerfanatic
08-23-2007, 10:37 AM
#4?!? How can a player who has 0% chance to advance past the quarters come in at #4. No chance of making the final 4, yet #4 contender. Interesting.

Dimonator133
08-23-2007, 11:12 AM
#4?!? How can a player who has 0% chance to advance past the quarters come in at #4. No chance of making the final 4, yet #4 contender. Interesting.

probably because numbers 5-25 were made before the draw came out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lleytian3
08-23-2007, 12:51 PM

wow i cant see how you put nadal so low. not that i am disagreeing with you. because as of yet, i have agreed with all your picks. i do agree with nadal being at #5 because to my knowledge, i am not sure nadal has even reach the qtrs of USO. so i agree with that

now putting roddick at #4. i can see that, since he won it once and was a finalist just last year. but if rafa and him were to play i am not so sure that roddick would beat him. but i also agree

wow who do you have as your top 3. i cant wait to find out

Lleytian3
08-23-2007, 12:52 PM
probably because numbers 5-25 were made before the draw came out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha too funny

VikingSamurai
08-23-2007, 04:34 PM
1 Federer
2 Djokovic
3 Hewitt
4 Roddick
5 Nadal
6 Blake
7 Gonzales
8 Cannas
9 Haas
10 Safin

I think this is a realistic top 10 for the Open..

As for Hewitt. Until they resurface the Australian Open, Hewitt will always have a better chance at the US Open, than at his own home Grand Slam..

In a way I feel sorry for him. Australia wants him to win, the media wants him to win. But Tennis Australia have wanted to stick with the rubber clay courts called Rebound Ace.. I then say that the fact that they have finally decided to change the surface may be a little late in helping Hewitt out now..

Rodditha
08-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Roddick still has a shot at US Open with Federer in or not, it's just a matter of time, Roddick can beat Federer if he plays like he did in Shangai.

BlueSapphire
08-23-2007, 05:03 PM
wow i cant see how you put nadal so low. not that i am disagreeing with you. because as of yet, i have agreed with all your picks. i do agree with nadal being at #5 because to my knowledge, i am not sure nadal has even reach the qtrs of USO. so i agree with that

2003-2nd
2004-2nd
2005-3rd
2006-QF

Rodditha
08-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Nadal shouldn't even be ranked in the top 10, his results are by far making him a top 10 contender for the US Open.

Dimonator133
08-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Nadal shouldn't even be ranked in the top 10, his results are by far making him a top 10 contender for the US Open.

hmm, that's bold. What do you think though now that the draw is out? Personally I don't see anyone in his quarter against whom he wouldn't be an overwhelming favorite.

The only players who have the talent to even stay on the court with Nadal in that section are all playing god-awful tennis right now.

tennispro11
08-23-2007, 05:26 PM

His results are by far making him a top ten contender. Huh? He shouldn't be in the top ten? Huh? He has more prize money than Federer so far. :confused:

Rodditha
08-23-2007, 05:30 PM
What does the prize money have to do in there ? Prize money dosen't make you a Top 10 contender for the US Open.:confused:

tennispro11
08-23-2007, 05:36 PM
What does the prize money have to do in there ? Prize money dosen't make you a Top 10 contender for the US Open.:confused:

This is what you posted. Saying that Nadal's results are making him a top ten contender for USO and then saying he shouldn't be in the top ten. I am just wondering WTF? I will put it in something you will understand. What you posted earlier doesn't make any sense. Can't make it any plainer than that. :confused:

Rodditha
08-23-2007, 05:38 PM
WTF, in my previous post i wasn't talking about the ATP RANKINGS.:confused:
When i said top 10 i was talking about TOP 10 CONTENDER FOR US OPEN.

tennispro11
08-23-2007, 05:39 PM
WTF, in my previous post i wasn't talking about the ATP RANKINGS.:confused:

Ok, nevermind. You don't make sense anyways. Trollish behavior is annoying.

Rodditha
08-23-2007, 05:43 PM
You should get your facts right dude because you are making yourself a fool.

tennispro11
08-23-2007, 05:47 PM
You should get your facts right dude because you are making yourself a fool.

You said this, not me. :o

Rodditha
08-23-2007, 05:52 PM

You said this, not me. :o

This phrase means that Nadal shouldn't be ranked in the [B][COLOR="Red"]TOP 10 FOR THE US OPEN CONTENDERS. IS THAT REALLY HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

tennispro11
08-23-2007, 05:53 PM
This phrase means that Nadal shouldn't be ranked in the [B][COLOR="Red"]TOP 10 FOR THE US OPEN CONTENDERS. IS THAT REALLY HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

his results are by far making him a top 10 contender for the US Open.

Dimonator133
08-23-2007, 06:25 PM
his results are by far making him a top 10 contender for the US Open.

that phrase literally makes no sense.

but I think the point is that this person thinks Nadal is a top 10 player, but shouldn't be considered a top 10 contender for the U.S. Open. But then again, it could be the opposite, clearly none of us have any idea.

tennispro11
08-23-2007, 06:32 PM
that phrase literally makes no sense.

but I think the point is that this person thinks Nadal is a top 10 player, but shouldn't be considered a top 10 contender for the U.S. Open. But then again, it could be the opposite, clearly none of us have any idea.

That is all I have been trying to tell him. LOL! It doesn't make any sense. Oh well, trolls can't learn. :)

VikingSamurai
08-23-2007, 06:32 PM
tennispro, everyone understands what Rodditha was meaning.. You seem to be the only one that doesnt.. Infact I just think you are trying to be difficult, and believe you knew exactly what Rodditha was saying;)

Nadal does not deserve to be a top 10 "contender" for the US Open..

I have said since he won the French again.. He can play on clay. That is a given. But when it comes to other surfaces, he is just the average everyday tour player.. He has had the odd win here and there. But nothing to make him any better than anyone else.. His form this summer has reflected this once again..

tennispro11
08-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Ok, maybe I was trying to be difficult. I couldn't help it because he obviously didn't know what he typed. Good points Chris. I won't try to be so hard on him next time. Ok. ;)

VikingSamurai
08-23-2007, 06:43 PM
I simply don't know why you were being hard on him in the first place.. I understood what he was trying to say!

tennispro11
08-23-2007, 06:44 PM
He annoyed me. He was posting some other nonsense on another thread so.......... My fault. :p

Shaolin
08-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Top 10 contenders:

1-9: Federer

10: Djokovic

Dilettante
08-23-2007, 06:51 PM
But when it comes to other surfaces, he is just the average everyday tour player.. He has had the odd win here and there. But nothing to make him any better than anyone else.. His form this summer has reflected this once again..

Obviously you didn't see him play too often.

phoony
08-23-2007, 06:58 PM
For Djokovic, is it after he 1st won on Fed so he already be the top 1st contenders to win the slam along Fed???

A lot of people do bet the final will be Fed vs Djokovic but then in my own opinion i still prefer Nadal eventhough i knew the percentage for him to win is damn slim.

NamRanger
08-23-2007, 07:02 PM

As long as the U.S. Open retains the speed it has, and Roddick still serves the way he does, he ALWAYS has a chance. The speeds really help big servers like Roddick go deep.

Fedace
08-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Now that Matt Bruch lost , i am betting on Sam Querry and Sam Warburg, they would make a great doubles team too.

VikingSamurai
08-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Obviously you didn't see him play too often.

Very true, but even when I look at his ATP profile, most of the tournaments he has done well on are clay?.. Indian Wells is Hard Court. But even Blake and Hewitt have atleast one tournament win on hard courts this year also..

So if you want to talk about his hard court form, then no, he isn't doing too well.. And the fact that he tanked the other week didn't exactly win him any brownie points with me...

Dilettante
08-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Very true, but even when I look at his ATP profile, most of the tournaments he has done well on are clay?.. Indian Wells is Hard Court. But even Blake and Hewitt have atleast one tournament win on hard courts this year also..

So if you want to talk about his hard court form, then no, he isn't doing too well.. And the fact that he tanked the other week didn't exactly win him any brownie points with me...

Hc is not his best surface, but for sure he isn't "just the average everyday tour player" on any surface. Just watch him.

tennis_hand
08-23-2007, 11:50 PM
Whatever the top 10 contenders are, Roddick is not in. haha.

VikingSamurai
08-24-2007, 12:28 AM
Hc is not his best surface, but for sure he isn't "just the average everyday tour player" on any surface. Just watch him.

He's not that good.. You wont convince me of anything different. Look at the players that have won 1 or more French opens in the last 10-20 years.. They never went on to anything else.. Nadal doesn't seem to show me that he is any different to be honest...Sorry.. I am so over him being rated, just "because"...

daddy
08-24-2007, 04:56 AM
As long as the U.S. Open retains the speed it has, and Roddick still serves the way he does, he ALWAYS has a chance. The speeds really help big servers like Roddick go deep.

His always is so much dependable on eveyone else that I am sick of hima s a guy and as a tennis player. You go out on your good day and crush the **** out of por ******* and hes like a puppy on there, nervous and swearing and whatever. He has no personallity to be in top, had a fluke year when the tennis had no dominant players, had his fair share of luck ( never deserved to be nr1 ) and its done and over with. He has no chance as long as there ar 10 guys who can beat him, as for federer, there are a couple of guys at most, who must play their absolute bet and he has to be in a soo bad mood to let that happen.

No way friend. Serve is good but not nearly good enough. He eats most of his serves back easilly and drops points, ita flat liek a pancace.

daddy
08-24-2007, 04:57 AM
I think Blake can win the only player he cant beat is Fed and his draw is very hard ( Roddick, Berydch etc.

YOu nmean while there are playing on playstation ? Look at head to head.

daddy
08-24-2007, 04:59 AM

now putting roddick at #4. i can see that, since he won it once and was a finalist just last year. but if rafa and him were to play i am not so sure that roddick would beat him. but i also agree

wow who do you have as your top 3. i cant wait to find out

This was alsop based on the drsw, where nadal had just as much luck as you can and roddick the oposite, I still think nadal would give rod a run for the money at hard and lose. Not always but 7 out of 10 mathces so rod is better, but that draw again ..

daddy
08-24-2007, 05:01 AM

Mark your words yet, no chance past the quarters ha ?? Yes he has slight change but yo know the toro, he will fight all the way even if he has to brake a leg to get there !!!!

daddy
08-24-2007, 05:05 AM

Aha, so he won one event, then lost to djoko in semis of another, then lost to djoko in quarter to another. Thats consistant. Djoko won vs roddick and federer, so he is good, he beat others reguilarly, gonzalez, canas and all the player who were in form as hard .. Making nadal consistent but not the best. He is not up there with roger and djoko and maybe even someothers like rod buh he has a favourable draw is a fighter andif you have him , that should not influence your common sence !

He is easilly nr5 or nr4 its just argument does he deserve to be at 4 due to drow or at 5 due to lower quality than roddick on hardf and rod being good t northa merican sol all the time.

ninman
08-24-2007, 05:07 AM
Mark your words yet, no chance past the quarters ha ?? Yes he has slight change but yo know the toro, he will fight all the way even if he has to brake a leg to get there !!!!

Or even take so long between points you think he's broken a leg. Uncle Tony might also give him some "treatment" before the tourny as well.

daddy
08-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Or even take so long between points you think he's broken a leg. Uncle Tony might also give him some "treatment" before the tourny as well.

I think like this, Djokovic is not one of the most prepared out there and is my favourite, being my mate ! So lets say if djkoko plays fed he has to push him self to the limit, absolute limit ! Fed is fast and ruthless.

WIth Nadal he can rest and then thump him as ever he wishes ! Its not so bad, after all when you think about it ! ;) Im being serious ..

ninman
08-24-2007, 05:13 AM
I wuitre like this, Djokovic is not one of the most prepare and is my favourite, being my mate ! So lets say if djkoko plays fed he has to push him self to the limit, absolute limit !

WIth adal he can rest and then thump him as ever he wishes ! Its not so bad, after all when you think about it ! ;) Im being serious ..

Djokovic bounces the ball a lot, but he still takes less than 20 seconds between points. Nadal it's more like towel off, towel off, socks, pinch ***, hair, bounce, hair, bounce again, look then serve. Federer it's, get balls, bounce twice or three times, serve.

daddy
08-24-2007, 05:16 AM
Djokovic bounces the ball a lot, but he still takes less than 20 seconds between points. Nadal it's more like towel off, towel off, socks, pinch ***, hair, bounce, hair, bounce again, look then serve. Federer it's, get balls, bounce twice or three times, serve.

Yes but I say djokovic himself stated he like when nadal does it because it gives him time to relax, concentrate and rest from the previous point, being that nadal is better prepared of the two. SO he said - this suits me well , I can rest and ase energy for big ones ..

Okay now ?

ninman
08-24-2007, 05:18 AM
Yes but I say djokovic himself stated he like when nadal does it because it gives him time to relax, concentrate and rest from the previous point, being that nadal is better prepared of the two. SO he said - this suits me well , I can rest and ase energy for big ones ..

Okay now ?

Still Nadal occassionally gets a little "treatment" from Uncle Tony before Tournaments, just to "prepare".

Dimonator133
08-24-2007, 07:29 AM
Excerpt from my comments on our next contender: He played his first Open in 1999 and reached the third round. He's never done any worse than that. Starting in 2000, he's went semi-finals, champion, semi-finals, quarterfinals, finals, semis, quarters. Coming in next:

#3: Lleyton Hewitt (http://www.protennisblog.com/9.html)

Topaz
08-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Excerpt from my comments on our next contender: He played his first Open in 1999 and reached the third round. He's never done any worse than that. Starting in 2000, he's went semi-finals, champion, semi-finals, quarterfinals, finals, semis, quarters. Coming in next:

I was hoping to see him go deep in the tourny as well, especially with how he's been playing lately...won't he meet up with Novak pretty early though? I don't remember offhand, but that would be a potential stumbling block. I know, I know...you did this before the draw came out! :)

Dimonator133
08-24-2007, 08:30 AM
I was hoping to see him go deep in the tourny as well, especially with how he's been playing lately...won't he meet up with Novak pretty early though? I don't remember offhand, but that would be a potential stumbling block. I know, I know...you did this before the draw came out! :)

c'mon Topaz, I know you're hardcore, read my Hewitt write-up! then you'll know he plays the Djoker, Smoker, Midnight Toker in the 4th round. Still I might have put him at #3 even knowing the draw the whole time, his U.S. Open record, as I said, is just RIDICULOUS.

Topaz
08-24-2007, 10:46 AM
c'mon Topaz, I know you're hardcore, read my Hewitt write-up! then you'll know he plays the Djoker, Smoker, Midnight Toker in the 4th round. Still I might have put him at #3 even knowing the draw the whole time, his U.S. Open record, as I said, is just RIDICULOUS.

Sorry, sorry!!! I was trying to remember on the spot, and well...that didn't go well.

Though, "Djoker, Smoker, Midnight Toker"...that rocks!!!

Regardless of the draw, I'd love to see Hewitt lay down some carnage!

tennispro11
08-24-2007, 02:16 PM

Dude, you forgot to mention the picking of the wedgie. :)

Zaragoza
08-25-2007, 04:55 AM

It is a tough call indeed. Federer himself rates Nadal as the no. 2 contender.
With "current form" I guess you mean that he lost in the SF of Montreal to the guy who beat Federer one day later. I hope you didnīt take the Monaco match as a valid reference if you watched in what conditions Nadal played that match (or in that case you should take Djokovicīs loss to Moya as a valid reference too, he wasnīt even injured like Nadal).
Past results? Welll last year he reached the QF being 20, if he were 25 I could say he canīt get better.
I wonder how you rated Nadal at Wimbledon this year.

Zaragoza
08-25-2007, 04:59 AM
I don't think so, considering the French is clay, and Wimby is grass. Nadal has yet to prove himself on the hardcourts in NY. I think #5 is appropriate.

Ok so how would you rate Djokovic then?

Zaragoza
08-25-2007, 05:03 AM

Do you think he is in good form after losing to Dancevic,Djokovic and Ferrer this summer?

Zaragoza
08-25-2007, 05:17 AM
tennispro, everyone understands what Rodditha was meaning.. You seem to be the only one that doesnt.. Infact I just think you are trying to be difficult, and believe you knew exactly what Rodditha was saying;)

Nadal does not deserve to be a top 10 "contender" for the US Open..

I have said since he won the French again.. He can play on clay. That is a given. But when it comes to other surfaces, he is just the average everyday tour player.. He has had the odd win here and there. But nothing to make him any better than anyone else.. His form this summer has reflected this once again..

LOL, he doesn´t deserve to be a top 10 contender for the Open? Why don´t make a list of 10 guys with better chances than him? And don´t forget we are in 2007, not in 2001.
Out of clay he is an average player? I don´t know how someone can make such an ignorant statement. Being a 2 times Wimbledon finalist, 3 Masters Series titles on hardcourts and QF on every Slam on hardcourts at the age of 20 and having missed last year´s Aussie Open (he played 1 AO and 2 USO since he became a top player) is average? Right. I wonder how you rated him before Wimbledon being an average player out of clay :)
By the way, even being a quarterfinalist he would be ranked between 5th and 8th.

VikingSamurai
08-25-2007, 05:54 AM
LOL, he doesnīt deserve to be a top 10 contender for the Open? Why donīt make a list of 10 guys with better chances than him? And donīt forget we are in 2007, not in 2001.
Out of clay he is an average player? I donīt know how someone can make such an ignorant statement. Being a 2 times Wimbledon finalist, 3 Masters Series titles on hardcourts and QF on every Slam on hardcourts at the age of 20 and having missed last yearīs Aussie Open (he played 1 AO and 2 USO since he became a top player) is average? Right. I wonder how you rated him before Wimbledon being an average player out of clay :)
By the way, even being a quarterfinalist he would be ranked between 5th and 8th.

You are from Spain, Nadal is from Spain.. So I can understand why you like him.. But at the end of the day, he isn't really that good!;)

Remember Guga?.. He won 3 French Opens.. What is he doing today???

Fedace
08-25-2007, 06:11 AM
You are from Spain, Nadal is from Spain.. So I can understand why you like him.. But at the end of the day, he isn't really that good!;)

Djkovic has passed Nadal in Hard courts, but Not on clay. Nadal gets real nervous when he plays Novak. I knew this when press conference, rafa started chewing his fingers when Novak's name came up. Hey chris, did new Yonex RQIS come out in Japan, and have you looked at them or demoed it yet ??

rosenstar
08-25-2007, 06:51 AM

3 french open titles? that sucks... anyone who only wins 2-3 french opens is horrible.

now this is just my opinion, and feel free to disagree with me, but I think anyone who's top 10 in the world is pretty good. I don't know about you but just about any of these guys could beat me pretty badly on any surface...

Dimonator133
08-25-2007, 06:51 AM

that makes basically zero sense, both in terms of an argument about Guga, and in terms of an argument about Nadal

Dimonator133
08-25-2007, 06:52 AM
Do you think he is in good form after losing to Dancevic,Djokovic and Ferrer this summer?

nope. Roddick is not in good for at all, which is why I have him down at #4

Topaz
08-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Ok so how would you rate Djokovic then?

I would put Djoker ahead of Nadal, but both of them ahead of Roddick. With the way Hewitt is playing lately, I'd probably put him in between the Djoko/Nadal sandwich and Roddick. Put another way, I think Djoko is a better bet for the semis than Nadal. This is without taking into consideration the draw, though.

I wasn't necessarily dissing Nadal's hardcourt game, but like I said, the US Open has been a 'weaker' (it is all relative) tournament for him...he's never gotten past the quarters. I know Djoko hasn't either, but he is riding a pretty strong streak right now, and I think he is a stronger hard court player than Nadal. I don't think it makes sense to say Nadal should be #2 on a hardcourt just because he is #2 on clay and/or grass. That was the logic that I was disagreeing with. As always...just my opinion...your's may vary.

Dimonator133
08-25-2007, 07:02 AM
It is a tough call indeed. Federer himself rates Nadal as the no. 2 contender.
With "current form" I guess you mean that he lost in the SF of Montreal to the guy who beat Federer one day later. I hope you didnīt take the Monaco match as a valid reference if you watched in what conditions Nadal played that match (or in that case you should take Djokovicīs loss to Moya as a valid reference too, he wasnīt even injured like Nadal).
Past results? Welll last year he reached the QF being 20, if he were 25 I could say he canīt get better.
I wonder how you rated Nadal at Wimbledon this year.

current form in this case means both play and health. As for play, he wasn't all that great in any of his matches in Montreal, even the three before Djoker. I didn't take the Monaco match as a valid reference for play, but I did for health. That comparison isn't even remotely like Djokovic-Moya; I gave Djoker close to a free pass for that one, and for good reason? Past results? Uh, what's your point about him making the QF last year? That means he was between #5-#8 last year, and I have all the way up at #5. Plus that was the first time he had even made it past just the third round! AND, it's not like he was put out in the thrillers the last two years - he got wiped off the court both times (2004 to Roddick I'm not counting 'cause he wasn't good then). So I'd say #5 for Nadal, if not perfectly accurate, is generous.

Now WITH the draw under consideration, I'd put him at 3, because his draw obviously is amazing.

seestern
08-25-2007, 08:02 AM

When was the last time Andy win a hard court master title to be considered better than Nadal? Due to his predictable game bc "just above average technique" except his server, he has no chance to face Nadal, Hewitt or Novak.

Adjani Jacildo
08-25-2007, 08:09 AM
federer's final against blake earlier was insane. It's really hard to see anyone taking that man down. Except maybe djokovic and nadal. Maybe we should be talking only about these 3.

Lleytian3
08-25-2007, 09:51 AM

rating hewitt this high, is defitnley making a statement. i love it though.
he has a damn good draw, and if memory sevres he is in nadal's half of the draw. the only test is he will have to play novak along the way.

also if memory serves he has a fairly easy path til he meets up with djokovic, i think this time around itll be much different. hewitt should take out novak and i really see hewitt at least making the USO final

superman1
08-25-2007, 10:00 AM
I like Hewitt's chances at going deep, maybe even to the finals. The new racquet has made all the difference.

Dimonator133
08-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Hmmm, I don't know if Hewitt will get past this next guy in the fourth round. He's been AMAZING this year, and we all know what he did in Montreal - and let's not forget Indian Wells or Miami, either. Coming in next:

#2: Novak Djokovic (http://www.protennisblog.com/9.html)

Lleytian3
08-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Hmmm, I don't know if Hewitt will get past this next guy in the fourth round. He's been AMAZING this year, and we all know what he did in Montreal - and let's not forget Indian Wells or Miami, either. Coming in next:

i expected novak to be #2. cant disagree with you about how great a year novak been having, but dont forget one thing, that may go a long way.

hewitt and novak met up in the 4th rd of WO if memory serves, and he had brutal 4 hr match with hewitt then had a draining match with bag-man. he had to retire against nadal casue he was so tired. after beating roger in montreal he goes out in the first round easily to moya.

he had a long time to rest though, novaks conditiong will be in question at the open. hewitt is/has always been in shape, the question is novak

plain jane
08-25-2007, 02:02 PM
am i the only one that thinks stepanek has a chance?

plain jane
08-25-2007, 02:02 PM
at beating djokovic i mean

Dimonator133
08-25-2007, 02:03 PM
at beating djokovic i mean

no, its a terrible draw for both. I'm taking Djoker of course, but it should go at least 4.

VikingSamurai
08-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Djkovic has passed Nadal in Hard courts, but Not on clay. Nadal gets real nervous when he plays Novak. I knew this when press conference, rafa started chewing his fingers when Novak's name came up. Hey chris, did new Yonex RQIS come out in Japan, and have you looked at them or demoed it yet ??

Hi, it doesnt come out until Sept 1st.. But demoing did start here on Aug 20..

Fedace
08-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi, it doesnt come out until Sept 1st.. But demoing did start here on Aug 20..

How did they hit ? RQis tour 1 and what about tour 2 ?? :confused:

Fedace
08-25-2007, 04:36 PM
I am picking Scoville jenkins to upset Roger Federer in the 1st round.

VikingSamurai
08-25-2007, 04:37 PM
that makes basically zero sense, both in terms of an argument about Guga, and in terms of an argument about Nadal

Not really.. Guga also won 3 FO and everyone thought that he was the next coming.. It didnt amount to much..

Nadal, although in a good effort has won 3 FO's, but in the grand scheme of things and as history will show. It doesnt amount to much..

The person who said that anyone that is in the top 10 is good, and I agree.. Its just that Nadal gets most of his rating from mainly playing on clay. The point I was making about him, is that on other surfaces, he is just one of the guys...

VikingSamurai
08-25-2007, 04:41 PM
How did they hit ? RQis tour 1 and what about tour 2 ?? :confused:

Dont know, I use Dunlop frames.. Wont find me using a Yonex.. Not my thing to be honest..

Although I do think it is great of Hewitt to change frames..

daddy
08-25-2007, 09:37 PM

Hey, thanks we like you here. Will you posrt who is nr1 contender to defend the title ? :D

Dimonator133
08-26-2007, 07:16 AM
Well, no surprise here, coming in next, and last - or should i say first:

#1: John Isner (http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/75966095.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193C5C774F586F182D5FDEA530A2261990D C9B837C4F54CEAE2)

ok just kidding:

#1: Roger Federer (http://www.protennisblog.com/9.html)

daddy
08-26-2007, 07:35 AM
Yeah we all knew Isner was coming there.

Hey - you know what I think you are wrong about Roger for real. This may be his fluke tournament, mark my words if Im right and forget them if Im not .. ;) On the serious side I think his weakest slam is AO ( on surfaces he prefers ) so i think if he is to miss winning one, AO 08 is the best chance, coming of vacation and straight into hot and inhuman aussie conditions.

Lleytian3
08-26-2007, 03:07 PM
hahah isner
thatsn purty funny
no suprise there that roger is picked to defend his title

he is a little shaky though, i hope somebody can upset him so pete's record can be a saved for a bit longer

fgzhu88
08-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Federer
Hewitt
Djokovic
Berdych
Blake
Nadal
Paul Henri Mathieu
Baghdatis
Moya
Canas
....although obviously Fedex will win!!!!

Dimonator133
08-26-2007, 05:22 PM
Federer
Hewitt
Djokovic
Berdych
Blake
Nadal
Paul Henri Mathieu
Baghdatis
Moya
Canas
....although obviously Fedex will win!!!!

on what grounds is Berdych 4

Alexandros
08-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Nice blog but you should change the background colour and not underline the text - just makes it easier to read.

Dimonator133
08-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Nice blog but you should change the background colour and not underline the text - just makes it easier to read.

thanks. yeah it's underlined on internet explorer for some reason, but it's not on firefox, i dunno why that is. what you think for background color!??!?

Alexandros
08-26-2007, 06:33 PM
If you're keen on the green theme you could make the background black and the text lime green, that would stand out nicely.