PDA

View Full Version : tour 10 v-engine mp weight issue

adl700
08-17-2007, 09:39 AM
I have 4 tour 10 v-engine mp's, all strung with same string, but 1-2lb diff between setups. One of the caps reads xsl4 for grip size, the others l4. Anyway, none weight the same. The weight ranges from 342 grams to 352 grams. Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?!?!?

confussed in MS

bagung
08-17-2007, 12:23 PM
i have 4 dnx-10 mid, the weight difference is 2-3gram.....
volkl usually have a good quality control............

AndrewD
08-17-2007, 01:24 PM
352 grams is, roughly, 12.4/12.5 ounces. Unless you've got something on the racquet that isn't part of its stock set-up (eg: leather grip, extra over grips, poly strings, etc) then you could just have one of those wild card frame that is wildly out of spec. Unfortunately that does happen, although very rarely with Volkl, Yonex or Fischer (Wilson, Prince and Head are the main culprits - especially Wilson). I've got 2 t10mp VE's that differ by 1g and a t10mp Gen2 that is on spec. My club-mate has 3 of the VEMP, two are on spec, one is 2g over.

Given how obviously over spec one of your racquets is, why did you buy it?

str33t
08-17-2007, 01:28 PM
do they all have the same grip size ?

adl700
08-17-2007, 01:47 PM
First to AdrewD, I bought 2 from TW, one broke and I finally found a replacement, It was after the replacement was purchased that I noticed the difference. (I've had the same thing happen with a pair of Head LM Prestige mp's. They had 8 grams difference between them with idenical setups.) The last 2 came from TW this week. They weight in 4 grams difference, the only difference is string tension.

Str33T, yes all grip sizes are the same, L4, one says XSL4 and it is the lighest of the 4.

I play singles and dbls, on hard and clay, and lately in 100+ temp with 115 heat index, 3-4 times a week.

gamerx52986
08-18-2007, 03:33 AM
About two weeks ago I ordered 3 of the Tour 10 V-Engine mid's from TW and they are all identical in weight give or take a gram or so. Nothing noticeable major. Also all of my grips are 4 1/2 or L4. Like others, I've noticed very good quality control with Volkl frames ie true specs.

OzNQc
08-18-2007, 11:35 AM
adl....

My T10 VE MP bats only differ by 1 gram and are pretty much on spec but differ in their SW slightly.

I have had T9 Gen 1s that were 2-5 grams out of spec so i guess it just comes down to the production run. However, 352 grams is way off for this bat! You may have been unlucky with that bat.

If you are willing to keep it, play around with it to see whether the extra weight is due to a heavier pallet or if it is inherant to the entire frame.

The bottomline is....

If you play well with it, don't worry about it! Just make sure the SW are about the same on all bats in that case.

"Use this v-engine bat to bludgeon your opponents to death!"

louis netman
08-18-2007, 05:17 PM
You may want to check to see if all the frames have identical graphics. I don't exactly know the deal with the VEMPs, but on others like the Gen 1 & 2 MPs, the slightly different graphic indicated different production runs. On the Gen 2s for example, the ones with "MIDPLUS" in red lettering were earlier runs that were of a heavier specification. I think the VEMPs also used the "MIDPLUS" red and black schemes,if I'm not mistaken... This may be an issue to take up with NBMJ...

giolp
08-19-2007, 06:09 AM
actually I experienced something similar with 2 VE Mid, which I bought through the web here in Europe.
they differ by 7 grams in weight, could not measure balance and swingweight though.
great rackets indeed.
anyway, when I got them I noticed that the paper ads that racquet companies usually place on the head of new racquets were different between the two, so maybe they were coming from different batches.

ollinger
08-19-2007, 12:41 PM
"heavier specification" production run??? Volkl has never changed the published specs for any of these racquets. Sounds like wretched quality control.