PDA

View Full Version : Fed playing against Almagro and ESPN shows womens tennis

dima
08-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Golovin vs Kuznetsova

LMAO, 2 players who have never achieved anything in womens tennis, except for a lucky run at the us open one year LOL

Azzurri
08-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Better hope he wins so we can see him play this weekend.
Enjoy:)

usfferjenn
08-17-2007, 01:46 PM
i'm all for women's tennis, but that was such a lame decision on espn's part. oh well...

Virtuous
08-17-2007, 01:55 PM
To add insult to injury, the match was awful.

angelsdemons8600
08-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Screw Federer, his game is soooo boring.

sharp*shooter
08-17-2007, 01:57 PM
The women suck. They have no consistency. I say ban em.

Moose Malloy
08-17-2007, 01:57 PM
are some of you really that stupid? do you think the tv schedule(for any channel) is just decided daily or something?

if you looked up espn's schedule for this day back in january, you would see that it was planned this way regardless of who was playing. so was the montreal semis coverage from last week, they didn't just decide to shaft tennis fans that day, the tv schedule was known well in advance.

its amazing how often these threads are started, year after year, you would think some of you would catch on, that's its not all about who'd playing that day. a timeslot is a timeslot, & they can't just throw away their planned schedule for months because you think a better match is somewhere else.

just do a search for next years miami/indian wellscanada/cincy/whatever coverage, its already decided what time they will be on air, they can't just change it at the drop of a hat. and they certainly aren't aware of what players will be playing that day.

espn shows baseball on mondays & wednesdays, sometimes they show crap matchups when 2 first place teams are playing at the same time, because they don't have a choice, they decided what games they would be showing that day before the season even started.

pound cat
08-17-2007, 02:47 PM
They showed both women's matches and Hewitt/Moya and Federer/Almagro in Canada.

tennispro11
08-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Screw Federer, his game is soooo boring.

Your ridiculous. Go watch one of your taped matches of the Williams sisters. :p

Hokiez
08-17-2007, 05:24 PM
That was by far the worst tennis match I've ever seen. I know the women's game isn't quite as interesting as the mens much of the time, but that was truly pathetic. 1 HOLD of serve in an entire set on either side, and most were at love or 15. I actually fell asleep during it.

Azzurri
08-17-2007, 08:05 PM
are some of you really that stupid? do you think the tv schedule(for any channel) is just decided daily or something?

if you looked up espn's schedule for this day back in january, you would see that it was planned this way regardless of who was playing. so was the montreal semis coverage from last week, they didn't just decide to shaft tennis fans that day, the tv schedule was known well in advance.

its amazing how often these threads are started, year after year, you would think some of you would catch on, that's its not all about who'd playing that day. a timeslot is a timeslot, & they can't just throw away their planned schedule for months because you think a better match is somewhere else.

just do a search for next years miami/indian wellscanada/cincy/whatever coverage, its already decided what time they will be on air, they can't just change it at the drop of a hat. and they certainly aren't aware of what players will be playing that day.

espn shows baseball on mondays & wednesdays, sometimes they show crap matchups when 2 first place teams are playing at the same time, because they don't have a choice, they decided what games they would be showing that day before the season even started.

Correct....the scheduling is done very early and ESPN is NOT to blame. If anyone to blame its the organizers of the event...yes? They could schedule who plays at what time to coincide with ESPN tv schedule...yes? If so the blame lies with the event itself and not ESPN. I thank ESPN because I don't have TTC...stupid Comcast.

Azzurri
08-17-2007, 08:07 PM
I don't watch WTA unless its part of a major. Then I am forced to watch a little...a LITTLE.

xtremerunnerars
08-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Bla bla bla women's tennis, the really important thing here is:

How did you get the animated avatar? I'm guessing you got it grandfathered in, but did you do it some other way?

tenis
08-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Actually, ESPN prefer and everytime they can, they will show american player, regardless, the other match is more interesting or no.

dunlopfan
08-18-2007, 05:21 PM
I love Tati, but that was the worst match that I've ever saw. Both players were spraying balls all over the place and not only that but Kuznetsova looked like she was brain dead from the beginning of that second set. When her coach came out to visit she just starred in the distance and never said anything. Very strange!