PDA

View Full Version : lead tape on buttcap?

tbini87
08-17-2007, 01:31 PM
i am going to be adding lead tape to my racquet (nTour 95) and want to make it a little head light. can i add lead tape onto the outside of the buttcap so that i don't have to mess around with undoing the grip and taking off the butt cap and all of that? any experiences with trying this? thanks for the help!

TheShaun
08-17-2007, 07:57 PM
i'm slightly curious about this too. but i don't see why you couldn't.

JW10S
08-17-2007, 07:58 PM
A practice partner of mine likes to put a couple layers of lead tape around the butt of his racquets, over the grip, then puts on an overgrip over that. Aside from the added weight he likes that the lead tape creates a little knob at the end of his handle.

TheShaun
08-17-2007, 08:14 PM
A practice partner of mine likes to put a couple layers of lead tape around the butt of his racquets, over the grip, then puts on an overgrip over that. Aside from the added weight he likes that the lead tape creates a little knob at the end of his handle.

so are you saying he likes to play with the little knob on his handle? :-o

diggler
08-17-2007, 09:32 PM
I tape coins on the butt of the racket. More weight without losing control.

tbini87
08-17-2007, 10:40 PM
any other thoughts of putting lead on the butt cap? seems like it should work as long as it doesn't come off. i will try it and let you guys know how it feels.

JW10S
08-18-2007, 10:02 AM
so are you saying he likes to play with the little knob on his handle? :-oGood one Beavis--or is it Butt Head?

ipodtennispro
08-18-2007, 10:23 AM
i am going to be adding lead tape to my racquet (nTour 95) and want to make it a little head light. can i add lead tape onto the outside of the buttcap so that i don't have to mess around with undoing the grip and taking off the butt cap and all of that? any experiences with trying this? thanks for the help!

You can add it anywhere you want, however, the neat thing about the Wilson caps is the removable end piece. If you're just expermenting, open it up and stuff some cotton in there and add the necessary amounts of lead weights. Everything is removable if you don't like it.