PDA

View Full Version : will fed win the us open?

tennishead93
08-17-2007, 03:38 PM
anyone think fed will win the open for the 4th yr. in a row. I am having some doubts.

Challenger
08-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Well, he's still obviously the favorite, but I wouldn't be so confident betting on him anymore (if I were a betting man, that is). He's been just a shade of the greatness he usually exudes. I wonder what's the deal?

Maybe when the USO actually comes around, he'll be back to his usual self. Right now, it's as if he's just not that interested with anything non-GS.

tennispro11
08-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Until he shows that he can't hang in there with Nadal and Djokovic then he will be the favorite in Aus, Us, and Wimby.

psamp14
08-17-2007, 04:32 PM
in the past he has usually played one full tournament before the us open...in 2004 he lost early at the olympics and then early again at cincy to hrbaty but went on to win the us open

2005 i believe he skipped the rogers open and he won cincy before repeating as us open champ

last year he played toronto but lost early at cincy...went on to win again

so this year he plays montreal and loses to djokavic...in the final...in a 3rd set tiebreak (and everyone suddenly starts doubting him and calling the end of an era???) ...he's in the semis of cincy now against a rejuvenated hewitt....hewitt's dangerous right now but federer will likely win cincy and go on to win the us open as well

daddy
08-17-2007, 05:51 PM
in the past he has usually played one full tournament before the us open...in 2004 he lost early at the olympics and then early again at cincy to hrbaty but went on to win the us open

2005 i believe he skipped the rogers open and he won cincy before repeating as us open champ

last year he played toronto but lost early at cincy...went on to win again

so this year he plays montreal and loses to djokavic...in the final...in a 3rd set tiebreak (and everyone suddenly starts doubting him and calling the end of an era???) ...he's in the semis of cincy now against a rejuvenated hewitt....hewitt's dangerous right now but federer will likely win cincy and go on to win the us open as well

I think nicaolas almagro is not a player whos class is enough to pose ANY problems to fed and he is kind of struggling with him. HEs not the fed from 04 - 06 , thats for sure. I will only say this much.

swisser
08-17-2007, 06:22 PM
djko will win.

Rafa freak
08-17-2007, 06:23 PM
No I don't think so.

swisser
08-17-2007, 06:25 PM
No I don't think so.

sorry bud but ur rafa aint got 2 bright of a future. maybe when dirt season comes.;)

tennishead93
08-17-2007, 07:21 PM
plz rafa freak i left the j blake girlfriend thread because of u.

swisser
08-17-2007, 07:23 PM

i would 2 he is just to stuck up nadal butt to to anything.

rockthebox
08-17-2007, 07:31 PM
i would 2 he is just to stuck up nadal butt to to anything.

so what you're saying is
he's nadal's finger?

Anyways, fed's gonna win it, he'll pick up his game again in time for the biggest slam of the year, definately.

tennishead93
08-17-2007, 07:32 PM
no rele, im serious, do u kno what he posted in the jblake g-friend thread. save urself and DONT go to the last page

tennishead93
08-17-2007, 07:33 PM
well now u prob. will cuz ur curiose great

swisser
08-17-2007, 07:33 PM
no rele, im serious, do u kno what he posted in the jblake g-friend thread. save urself and DONT go to the last page

tell me plz.

wyutani
08-17-2007, 07:35 PM
anyone think fed will win the open for the 4th yr. in a row. I am having some doubts.

why doubts? theres no nadal nor djokovic? why?

tennishead93
08-17-2007, 07:43 PM
ill tell u so u wont g. we r talking about jblakes hot girl then rafa freak posts this rele not-normal looking female. no offence we r all different in our apperance but y would u want to freak ppl out like that. (it was a shock the first time i saw it, and i hopefully will never see it again)

edmondsm
08-17-2007, 07:57 PM
He will most likely win it, but I hope somebody takes him out. Preferably early in the tourney so that I don't have to watch another slam like it's a forgone conclusion.

anointedone
08-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Most likely he will. It should be his 12th slam. Nadal's recent injury is unfortunate, but things are not looking great for him at what is his hardest slam anyway. I am hoping for quarters or better from Nadal. Djokovic is a threat, but I doubt he beats Federer in a best 3-of-5 deep in a slam. Davydenko will choke if he ever gets the chance. Roddick, no way.

swisser
08-17-2007, 08:25 PM
nadal withdrew?

anointedone
08-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Nadal definitely did not withdraw, and I hugely doubt he does. He is not that injured he wont play, and I would be shocked and dissapointed if I heard it was so bad he withdrew. However his recent injury is a concern is what I meant, and this is his toughest surface currently, really fast hard courts, to begin with.

Rafa freak
08-17-2007, 08:35 PM
sorry bud but ur rafa aint got 2 bright of a future. maybe when dirt season comes.;)

Why not he could win.

anointedone
08-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Why not he could win.

Your Nadal avatar is so cute. :)

Rafa freak
08-17-2007, 08:38 PM

What does that mean.

gdsballer
08-17-2007, 09:04 PM
absoulutely...nobody is better at slams than federer...and btw so much for djokovic being so great on hard courts

tennishead93
08-17-2007, 09:08 PM
remb. the ugly girl

phoony
08-17-2007, 09:34 PM
i will said no due to so many new challengers like djokovic............i don't think so the montreal won by him is based on luck. Go go Joker......;)

samprasbackhand
08-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Yeah, most people say Djokovic will beat him but I don't really think he can when Fed is at his best. You can't really say Fed played that well in Montreal, and Djokovic played great but still barely won.

lambielspins
08-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Fed will definitely win the U.S Open.

flying24
08-19-2007, 06:44 PM
The talent to win another U.S Open seems to be in existence.

bagung
08-19-2007, 06:48 PM
it depends who is federer going to meet in the final.... if nadal or djokovic is in the final against federer, then the answer is ??????????????
if other than this two goes into the final, the answer is definetly YES, federer will win it by ease................

phoony
08-19-2007, 10:02 PM
As Djokovic said before 'Fed can't have it all'. The road to USO still early for prediction. Everyone have their chances to win. Who gonna able to stay tough with strongest mentally buildup, he will gonna to win.

My FAV choices: Nadal, Djokovic, Hewitt

flying24
08-19-2007, 10:25 PM
As Djokovic said before 'Fed can't have it all'. The road to USO still early for prediction. Everyone have their chances to win. Who gonna able to stay tough with strongest mentally buildup, he will gonna to win.

My FAV choices: Nadal, Djokovic, Hewitt

If you truly think Nadal or Hewitt have anywhere near as good a chance to win this years U.S Open as Federer then you are delusional.

Nadal has never been past the quarters of a hard court slam, is dealing with an injury now, and struggled at the Canadian Open with every one of his opponents before the straight sets loss to Djokovic. People bring up his performance at Wimbledon, but people dont realize with the slowed down grass Wimbledon is his 2nd best slam now, while the U.S Open is by far his worst slam and surface. On top of that even at Wimbledon, now his 2nd best slam, he got a great deal of luck, barely surviving Soderling, would have lost to Youzhny had Youzhny not gotten injured, would have probably lost to Djokovic had he been healthy enough for the match.

Hewitt gave Federer a close match in the Cincinnati semis, in a best 2-of-3. Great for him, maybe showing he could get back to the top 10, but in the grand scheme of things for those with best chances to win the U.S Open, big deal. He has only made it to the quarters of a slam once in the last two years. He will not come close to beating Federer in a best 3-of-5 of a Grand Slam, if he even gets to play him at any point. If Hewitt gets a very fortunate draw he might sneak into the semis or something, but even that is an outside shot.

Djokovic is obviously one of the next favorites to win this years U.S Open, after Federer. However his chances of beating Federer in a best 3-of-5 in the semis or finals are extremely small, which is the most you can say for anyones quite frankly. However he certainly has more shot then Nadal or Hewitt have this year, I atleast give you that much.

phoony
08-19-2007, 11:17 PM
If you truly think Nadal or Hewitt have anywhere near as good a chance to win this years U.S Open as Federer then you are delusional.

Nadal has never been past the quarters of a hard court slam, is dealing with an injury now, and struggled at the Canadian Open with every one of his opponents before the straight sets loss to Djokovic. People bring up his performance at Wimbledon, but people dont realize with the slowed down grass Wimbledon is his 2nd best slam now, while the U.S Open is by far his worst slam and surface. On top of that even at Wimbledon, now his 2nd best slam, he got a great deal of luck, barely surviving Soderling, would have lost to Youzhny had Youzhny not gotten injured, would have probably lost to Djokovic had he been healthy enough for the match.

Hewitt gave Federer a close match in the Cincinnati semis, in a best 2-of-3. Great for him, maybe showing he could get back to the top 10, but in the grand scheme of things for those with best chances to win the U.S Open, big deal. He has only made it to the quarters of a slam once in the last two years. He will not come close to beating Federer in a best 3-of-5 of a Grand Slam, if he even gets to play him at any point. If Hewitt gets a very fortunate draw he might sneak into the semis or something, but even that is an outside shot.

Djokovic is obviously one of the next favorites to win this years U.S Open, after Federer. However his chances of beating Federer in a best 3-of-5 in the semis or finals are extremely small, which is the most you can say for anyones quite frankly. However he certainly has more shot then Nadal or Hewitt have this year, I atleast give you that much.

Hey buddy thanks for your analysis and opinion. But i still play a hope on above 3.

bluescreen
08-19-2007, 11:24 PM
i think federer and djokovic r the probable winners. hewitt's been playing well, but i dont think he'll get the finals or win, perhaps he'll make the second week. as others have already said, nadal hasnt done that well here in the past, and his injury will only make it harder. players r starting to realize he's a little vulnerable on hard courts, so i dont see him getting past the quarters again.

Dilettante
08-19-2007, 11:27 PM
I think Federer is the absolute favorite.

It's the rest of players who have to prove that Fed's invulnerability era at non-RG slams has come to an end.

ninman
08-20-2007, 01:18 AM
To be honest, after the last two weeks there isn't anyone who is good enough to beat Federer. If we're being honest Federer played a very poor match against Djokovic in Canada, he lost his opening service game then at 6-5 40-0 up serving he lost that game and then the tiebreaker.

The chances however of a repeat of that performance, and Djokovic managing to take 3 sets of Federer to win in a grand slam, and either the final or semi's (when they'd play given their rankings) are slim to none. Federer always plays his best in grand slams. I remember before Federer played Djokovic at the Australian he was quoted as saying "number 1 is coming down" and then he got beaten in straight sets.

The only way Federer loses the US open is if he breaks his leg and even then he could still win it.

ninman
08-20-2007, 01:20 AM
I think Federer is the absolute favorite.

It's the rest of players who have to prove that Fed's invulnerability era at non-RG slams has come to an end.

The only player who has beaten Federer at RG in the last 3 years is Nadal, so he's hardly "vulnerable" at Roland Garros either. If we're being honest, in 06 he lost it mentally, and this year he would've won if a few more things had gone his way that ended up going Nadal's way, like converting 0 out of 10 break points in the first set, losing games where he had 6 breaks points and things like that.

lakis92
08-20-2007, 04:59 AM
He's the one who can do it. Can't think of anyone else except Djokovic.

superman1
08-20-2007, 05:14 AM
I don't see anyone beating him, because I don't see Nadal getting to the final. Aside from those two matches with Agassi in '04 and '05, Federer has always had a cakewalk at the Open.

seestern
08-20-2007, 05:31 AM
The only player who has beaten Federer at RG in the last 3 years is Nadal, so he's hardly "vulnerable" at Roland Garros either. If we're being honest, in 06 he lost it mentally, and this year he would've won if a few more things had gone his way that ended up going Nadal's way, like converting 0 out of 10 break points in the first set, losing games where he had 6 breaks points and things like that.

You are nothing more than a Fed blind fan. Remember how many break points Davydenko had in semi final FO this year or Nadal had in 5th set Wimbledon final.
Have you ever touched a racquet?

AznHylite
08-20-2007, 08:53 AM
I would say he will. Federer is quite unstoppable.

Fedace
08-20-2007, 08:55 AM

No he is washed up. Hewitt took him to 3rd set tiebreak, Novak beat him, Canas beat him twice, he is not playing the same kind of tennis he was playing last year. so NO. I predict Nadal will win this year and take over the #1 ranking and he will take off rest of year.

anointedone
08-20-2007, 08:56 AM
I don't see anyone beating him, because I don't see Nadal getting to the final. Aside from those two matches with Agassi in '04 and '05, Federer has always had a cakewalk at the Open.

His semifinal with Hewitt in 2005, and 4th round with Kiefer in 2005, were equally tough matches to his final with Agassi.

Spider
08-20-2007, 12:05 PM
:lol: :lol:
No chance at all !!
The way he is playing he will consider himself lucky to get through to the second week ;)

anointedone
08-20-2007, 12:19 PM
100 votes now. 81 for Federer winning it, 19 for Federer not winning it. The exact number of votes to come up with the exact percentage point.

J-man
08-20-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm putting my money on Federer. He's going to have stiff competio but at Grand Slams he is extra tough espically when it is on a surface that he exceeds on like hardcourts.