PDA

View Full Version : Soft Multi with great spin

rocky b
08-17-2007, 02:46 PM
I am looking for a multi thats very soft yet puts alot of spin on the ball. I tried the wilson hex string great spin but my elbow was sore after. No gut to powerfull i dont care about cost thanks for the help

Ripper
08-17-2007, 03:53 PM
I am looking for a multi thats very soft yet puts alot of spin on the ball. I tried the wilson hex string great spin but my elbow was sore after. No gut to powerfull i dont care about cost thanks for the help

Maybe, a very soft multi just won't be very good in the spin department, I'm not sure... Anyway, I've found that multis with polyurethane coatings bite the ball well. X-One Biphase is popular right now, because Djokovich, supposedly (I wouldn't bet on it, though), uses full jobs of it.

Bad Dog
08-17-2007, 03:54 PM

Since cost is not a factor, I highly recommend Wilson K-Gut – and especially K-Gut Pro which feels like a chainsaw tearing into ball fur, producing massive spin, with phenomenal control for both spin and flat shots. Both are listed by TW as arm-friendly – I found that to be true, especially at low/mid tension. Note that the Pro is not quite a soft as the non-pro-version -- as Pro produces greater spin.

Others may also recommend Technifibre X-One Biphase, used by Novak Djokovic. It’s also listed as arm-friendly, but not ultra-soft.

shojun25
08-17-2007, 05:02 PM
I would try out gamma professional spin if you don't mind using $20 on strings. I've tried regular professional and its a pretty good string, just too expensive for my budget.

rocky b
08-18-2007, 02:42 AM
That all come on anybody have a mutli set up that gives them great spin

Valjean
08-18-2007, 03:38 AM
I'd agree both K Guts are good enough to recommend for this. The difference between K Gut and K Gut Pro is much smaller than that between NXT and NXT Tour, though--with K Gut Pro being more comfortable than NXT Tour. Don't be mislead. When using both side-by-side, one-after-the-other, I frequently found it hard to remember which one I was using--not at all hard to know with the NXT twosome. For a less expensive alternative with a firmer feel too, you could try Tecnifibre's TrC.

bagung
08-18-2007, 12:38 PM
klip excellerator, venom....

rocky b
08-18-2007, 12:56 PM
never liked klip venom

volleyman
08-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Technifibre Multifeel might be worth a try. I didn't have any problems with it's spin production, it was soft, and it's reasonably priced.

bagung
08-18-2007, 09:10 PM
yonex 850 pro feel is another good option

nickb
08-19-2007, 03:22 AM
NXT Tour / K Gut Pro grip the ball very well