PDA

View Full Version : Eagnas stringing machines!

drummerboy
08-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi

I want to buy some solid and cheap stringing machine. I did a little searching and came to Eagnas machines. Saw this little beauty for just 179 bucks:

http://www.eagnas.com/hawk20e.html

Looks really good. Anyone has any experiences with Eagnas machines? What machine would you guys recommend for the beginner stringer at the lowest price possible but still having the fair amount of quality?

Thanks.

PBODY99
08-17-2007, 03:53 PM
If you use the search function on the board, you'll see several post that deal with their customer service and after sale support.

lostinamerica
08-17-2007, 04:27 PM
I own an Eagnas (quite a few levels above the one mentioned). the machine is very good. The customer service is as bad as you will read. If you need any customer service... then you are buying the wrong machine. If you need no customer service, then you Eagnas will be just fine. I would buy one with fixed clamps and not the one you are considering.

Steve Huff
08-17-2007, 09:53 PM
One of the HS guys I string for occasionally has one. Let's see, on his, the cut-outs for the switches look as if they were cut out by a 6-yr old with a kitchen knife, the mounting arms are so short it's difficult to work under, especially clamping the first mains, the tension changing dial is almost obscure and the clamps are about the cheapest looking I've seen. You push a toggle switch one way to tension, then clamp, then push the toggle switch the other way to "unwind" the gripper. On the good side, the clam-type string gripper is solid feeling.

jackson vile
08-18-2007, 08:43 AM
I would recomend the MP Hurc 680

Gaines Hillix
08-18-2007, 09:46 AM
IMO, you'd be better off with an equivalent Silent Partner machine, The machine you are looking at does not have a constant pull tension head. The give away is the tension adjustment knob on the right hand side of the tension housing. The hysteresis(look it up on Wiki) on these tension heads can be high. In other words, if you make a pull on the string, the tension will reach the set tension and the head will stop pulling, but it will not repull(adjust for dropping tension) until it has dropped by several pounds. This means that the tension on each string can vary considerably.

hoons
08-18-2007, 11:45 PM
I have a very similar model to this one. I think its called the ec 20. i does the job fairly well. I havent tested its accuracy though. For the price its pretty good value - but i'd be more inclined to look for something with fixed clamps