PDA

View Full Version : Prince Turbo Shark MP Queston..

Jonny
08-17-2007, 03:27 PM
I've been using this racquet for a while now and decided to buy another as it has been reduced and selling at a very low price. However, I noticed the racquet didn't have the braided technology around the throat of the racquet like the first shark mp i bought. The swingweight is also slighty different but appart from that the racquet is exactly the same. May this be an older version of the shark I bought?? or maybe manufactured in another country??

Anyone any ideas or own a turbo shark mp without the braided technology?

ohplease
08-17-2007, 03:45 PM
I've been using this racquet for a while now and decided to buy another as it has been reduced and selling at a very low price. However, I noticed the racquet didn't have the braided technology around the throat of the racquet like the first shark mp i bought. The swingweight is also slighty different but appart from that the racquet is exactly the same. May this be an older version of the shark I bought?? or maybe manufactured in another country??

Anyone any ideas or own a turbo shark mp without the braided technology?

Racquets are almost always made in batches. If you're especially picky, you can pretty much give up on ever getting two matched rackets from two different manufacturing runs. Your best bet is to buy the number of frames you want at the same time, from the same supplier. There's still a chance the supplier might have a mix of older vs. newer stock, but you've got better odds than buying frames months apart.

Jonny
08-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Nah i'm not picky, was just a bit paranoid because I bought the racquet in a shop that doesn't really specialize in tennis goods but it should be fine. Thanks for your help. :)

damasta55
08-17-2007, 09:51 PM
could you post pics? my shark has the braided technology and i've never seen any without it.

Jonny
08-18-2007, 12:59 PM
could you post pics? my shark has the braided technology and i've never seen any without it.

Neither have I that's why i was curious. Here's a few pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Jonny1986/IMG_0003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Jonny1986/IMG_0005.jpg

Jonny
08-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Anyone have any idea why one shark is braided and one isn't?

I have done loads of research and every shark I have seen on the market is braided appart from the one i just bought. :/

ps60
08-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Do they weight similarly, play the same, sound the same (i like to tap rackets with my finger tips on the throat area to check the material stiffness), BP and SW the same. If yes, U may have 2 geniune rackets, only one of them is Limited Edition :grin:

Remember that braided symbol is only a paint job. Without the symbol doesn't mean it is not braided. Maybe the workman forgot about that process (to paint that symbol) on yr racket.

Jonny
08-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks for your help. They both sounded the same (i think) when i tapped them.

Another thing i noticed: The braided racquet says "string with premier softflex" and the other says "string with tournamnet" hmmm

Oh and they play slightly different because one is strung with hurricane strings and the other has the original tournament strings.

ps60
08-19-2007, 12:27 PM
In here, our Sharks are sold without string.

and Most PRINCE rackets has a recommended string like Prince Syn Gut 16. (maybe Lightning XX 16 too) seldom did i see they recommend tournament (cos it is cheap) or Softflex. BTW, i don't like Premier Softflex, stiff like a ROCK in my usual tension (57lb) for PSGD. I 've played with both Sharks mp and OS, both very good rackets with PSGD.

Jonny
08-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Well i normally leave the string job to the stringer at my club who strings my racquets with babolat hurricane strings (as it's only babolat he sells :/). TBH I have only ever used these strings so i don't know how they compare to others but have considered buying the PSGD strings to see how they feel.