PDA

View Full Version : Dri Fit clothes

EricW
08-17-2007, 03:57 PM
I just bought a dri-fit shirt, and it says on it not to use fabric softener, but I always use fabric softener on all my other clothes, so I'd have to wash it seperately.. which I don't want to do..

What would happen if I used fabric softener on it?

Chauvalito
08-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Certain fabrics are suceptable to being broken down (fabric softening), so over time the integrity of your performance clothing will begin to lessen

vinnier6
08-17-2007, 04:47 PM
i wash all my drifit crap with the rest of the laundry, with softner and its not been a problem...

robkat
08-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I have always washed my "drifit" type tennis clothes separate from other wash. I never use fabric softner and only use detergent and then hang dry. Most of my shirts still look brand new even after a few years.

vinnier6
08-18-2007, 09:06 AM
I have always washed my "drifit" type tennis clothes separate from other wash. I never use fabric softner and only use detergent and then hang dry. Most of my shirts still look brand new even after a few years.

most of my stuff looks new and going strong after years of use as well....polyester lasts a long time...and it doesnt really care how you wash it....

PBODY99
08-18-2007, 12:07 PM
If you search the web you'll find that while they may not harm the Poly, the residue from some softeners can reduce the effectiveness of the wicking material.

Ronaldo
08-18-2007, 02:48 PM
If you search the web you'll find that while they may not harm the Poly, the residue from some softeners can reduce the effectiveness of the wicking material.

Fabric softener is sorta like wax so it not only reduces the wicking effect but the water absorption of a cotton towel.

counterpunchingrules
08-18-2007, 05:50 PM
i wash all my drifit stuff with everything else, but i let them hang outside to dry.

Ronaldo
08-18-2007, 06:30 PM
i wash all my drifit stuff with everything else, but i let them hang outside to dry.

Any trouble with that lingering Odear?

vinnier6
08-19-2007, 05:04 AM

some of you guys need to get a job....

El Guapo
08-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Certain fabrics are suceptable to being broken down (fabric softening), so over time the integrity of your performance clothing will begin to lessen

Not at all true. Ronoldo is correct about the "waxes" in the fabric softener defeating the wicking properties of the fabric. Another wash without softener and it will be back to normal.

Zets147
08-19-2007, 08:16 PM
some of you guys need to get a job....

their job is keeping us up to date on the latest news in Drifit clothing

koopa_troopa
08-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Is fabric softener a necessity? I just throw in my clothes (whites + colours) and add a cup of tide. Haven't really bothered to do anything more.