PDA

View Full Version : OS Flexpoint Radical

j30tennis
08-17-2007, 03:57 PM
I am currently using the os ti.radical 4 5/8 with tourna overgrip. I have been using this raquet for about 3 years now, do not care for the light weight of the raquet. I am looking to get 2 new raquets. I have demoed a few different raquets but keep going back to the radical family. Been using radicals since 1996. My favorite being the 98 twin tube mid, followed closely by the Rad tour 260 trisys mid. I am actually seriously thinking of getting the LE Agassi rad but am holding off because I am not sure about the OS flexpoint rad. I recently hit with the Flex and was enjoying it a lot. 1 thing that bugged me was my 2 handed backhand which is very reliable and solid. The ball seemed to get caught up and not spring off like I wanted it too. Is this something that is expected from the OS flexpoint? Which of the 2 afformentioned Raks would be better for a solid 4.0 baseliner who hits flat? Hated the new Micro gel rad. Sorry for the long post.

vinnier6
08-17-2007, 04:45 PM
if you can find a demo, try out the flexpoint rad tour...i think it may be what your looking for....plus, you can find them disconted for under a hundred bucks now...atleast i can at pga tour superstore...

j30tennis
08-17-2007, 05:09 PM
You are refering to the 100sq frame correct? I had asked about the pro frames or tour frames which is what they were called before this years microgel pro was introduced. The pro shop i go to does not carry the pro frames for demo and I do not recall seing them for sale. They sell the OS or Mid specs. Thanks for the info, really appreciated.

j30tennis
08-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Feed back for post wanted.

Shashwat
08-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Try out the fxp radical midplus. If you like it, i have one im trying to sell if you want to buy a used one. It's good for flat shots, but i hit with a lot of topspin and i always use to frame the ball. but when i hit flat winners, it felt reallllly good.

j30tennis
08-18-2007, 04:34 AM
Thanks for the offer but I am now a full on OS radical user. My serve and forehands are good with mids but can't get my backhand to pop with a mid anymore. Damn the os ti.radical.

tennisntn3477
08-31-2007, 08:22 PM
Played with my new LE Rad tonight and man it felt great...can't believe it's 99 bucks.