PDA

View Full Version : could jankovic.........

swisser
08-17-2007, 06:10 PM
do u think jankovic could get to a slam final without being in justines half?

Rafa freak
08-17-2007, 06:12 PM
What do you think.

daddy
08-17-2007, 06:16 PM

Yes. Imo yes but if she gets to Justine before, shes out and I think Jankovic has got her measure also so that about my opinion on this. Shes not so talented but so much more work is putting here where she is. I am only hoping she will have determination to go on and not brake apart as dokic or whatever other players are doing so, sharapova most notably the candidate for now ..

coloskier
08-17-2007, 09:42 PM

Yes, as long as Serena and Venus weren't in her half either.

tennispro11
08-17-2007, 10:07 PM

Yes, if she can play solid for three sets then she will be ok. I think she has the game to win a slam but she hasn't proven herself yet. Way better than either Kuznetsova or Myskina. She could win a few slams if she gets her mind right.

Vision84
08-18-2007, 04:21 AM
16-0 currently. Don't think I have ever seen such a one sided poll on this board.

Marius_Hancu
08-18-2007, 05:39 AM
She's #3, Henin's #1

The pairing of #1 is made by DRAW, thus it could be with #4, not #3.

daddy
08-19-2007, 12:05 AM
We will see where Jelena stands tomorrow. Then this poll will have more meaning. I am eagerly awaiting the match.

Mike Bulgakov
08-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Jankovic is very smart, has great strokes, and is a tremendous athlete. She is also very creative, easily bored, and often gets distracted on court. If she can focus on tennis and stay mentally strong during this year's U.S. Open, there is no reason why shy can't win.

daddy
08-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Jankovic is very smart, has great strokes, and is a tremendous athlete. She is also very creative, easily bored, and often gets distracted on court. If she can focus on tennis and stay mentally strong during this year's U.S. Open, there is no reason why shy can't win.

How many time have we all tried to imply this. Talking on hes site, we are just saying kep it down Jelena !!! Please ? But competition done its toe, shes a fighter but not a quiter. Buts shes bad role can last 6 - 7 games and due to a bad call or whatever. Djokovic and Ivanovic played together while they were kids, Jankovic is kind of left out of this ,,, I think it may bother her a bit ,,,

Jack Romeo
08-19-2007, 06:42 AM
best case scenario for her would be for justine, serena and venus to be in one section of the draw, preferably in one quarter. they'd knock each other out before playing her. if she is in a section of sharapovas, kuznetsovas and chakvetadzes she has a great chance of emerging as the top player from that part of the draw.

mentalcase
08-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Gah, Jelena could and should be able to beat Henin, but she chokes and chokes and chokes. It is so annoying.