PDA

View Full Version : What are the causes or tennis related arm problems?

tennismaster888
08-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Okay i have a head flexpoint prestige and i have been experiencing arm problems such as tennis elbow and shoulder problems. Is it the weight of my racket? or something else?

Ripper
08-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Okay i have a head flexpoint prestige and i have been experiencing arm problems such as tennis elbow and shoulder problems. Is it the weight of my racket? or something else?

Racquets that are too heavy can cause shoulder problems, but racquets that are too light can cause elbow problems. Frames and strings that are too stiff can cause elbow and wrist problems. However, imo, the number one cause of arm problems is related to bad technique. Sometimes it's just small things, which we are too stubborn to correct.

tenis
08-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Heavy racquets and basically almost all racqets don't cause arm problems. It's your bad technique.

JW10S
08-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Heavy racquets and basically almost all racqets don't cause arm problems. It's your bad technique.True--how many pros do you see wearing elbow bands? Go to your local tennis center or club and you see them everywhere. The difference is conditioning and technique. How you hit, more than what you hit with, is what causes arm trouble. Yes, some racquets are more forgiving than others and may let you get away with poor technique but in the end it comes down to technique. Also, many recreational players warm up very poorly. They hit a few balls for a couple minutes then go right into playing--asking for trouble. Most people with arm trouble would be much better served to invest the $200 or so they would spend buying the 'magic' racquet that will cure their arm and take a series of lessons from a certified pro. But I realize most people's egos won't let them do that. It's easier to blame the inanimate equipment.

netman
08-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Heavy racquets and basically almost all racqets don't cause arm problems. It's your bad technique.

Yep. Bad technique will negate racquet and string technology every time.