PDA

View Full Version : Pros/Cons of O3 Tour Mid (95)

Connors
08-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I hit with the 03 Mid Plus but found it a bit unstable and could not find quite the level of control I wanted.

I'm thinking this 95 square inch frame, which is a little heavier with the smaller head, could be ideal. I like the head lightness, the swingweight and the beam specs.

Has anyone played with this? How is it better than the mid-plus. What are it's strengths and weaknesses? Also, why does TW give just one review of the 03 Tour when there are THREE sizes? Which one is the review for? Thanks.

hoosierbr
08-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Played with both Mid and MP. Everything about the Mid is better IMO but the MP is widely used by touring pros. Can't figure it out.

The only downside of the 95 is that it lacks feel and for a s&v like me that's a deal-breaker.:(

Connors
08-18-2007, 03:35 AM
thanks, how is it for drop shots, lobs, underspin, etc?

hoosierbr
08-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Touch shots are harder to pinpoint b/c it lacks feel but you may like how it feels. I like flexy but not too flexy. The 95 is too flexy.

!<-_->!
08-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Have one for sale if you're interested in trying one out.

louis netman
08-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Played with both Mid and MP. Everything about the Mid is better IMO but the MP is widely used by touring pros. Can't figure it out.

The only downside of the 95 is that it lacks feel and for a s&v like me that's a deal-breaker.:(

Agree 100%...

LafayetteHitter
08-18-2007, 05:09 PM
I owned an O3 Tour MID for a few months. I found it lacked an overall feel but was comfortable and was pretty easy to generate spin with. Couldn't get much punch with serves though. Currently I have been hitting a bit with the O3 Speedport Tour and if you are thinking you MIGHT even like the O3 MID you should try the Speedport Tour with the inserts installed. The benefit of the ports but with more ball feel.

AndrewD
08-19-2007, 06:32 AM
thanks, how is it for drop shots, lobs, underspin, etc?

I think it does everything well but, similar to what others have mentioned, I found it had a dull kind of feel that I really didn't enjoy. Personally, I felt that the TT Warrior MP offered better performance in near all departments (despite the lighter weight).

fps
08-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Currently I have been hitting a bit with the O3 Speedport Tour and if you are thinking you MIGHT even like the O3 MID you should try the Speedport Tour with the inserts installed. The benefit of the ports but with more ball feel.

This is a great point, the stringing options are one reason to wait and try out speedport, been hearing more praise for speedport black and tour than the 03s got from the few people who've hit with them.

krz
08-19-2007, 07:52 AM
I got to hit with the O3 tour mid 95 and played about 3 sets with it.

I feel like it was pretty forgiving and stability wise it felt more stable than my k95. At times it felt like I could stick my racket out and the ball just go back. But there was just something I didn't like about how it felt and I can't pin point it lol.