PDA

View Full Version : what's a good softer poly string?

YonexDude
08-17-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm currently using topspin cyberflash and luxilon big banger in the mains of my racquets, and i like the way the strings play (i like cyberflash a lot more than the luxilon), but they're a bit rough on my elbow. I'm looking for a poly string (or any other type of string) that plays like cyberflash but it a bit softer and easier on my elbow, mind that i use soft multi's in the cross strings of my racquets (NXT, technifibre X-one biphase).

Does anyone have any suggestions? i'm thinking of trying out a softer poly like sppp or topspin poly polar

jonline
08-17-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm currently using topspin cyberflash and luxilon big banger in the mains of my racquets, and i like the way the strings play (i like cyberflash a lot more than the luxilon), but they're a bit rough on my elbow. I'm looking for a poly string (or any other type of string) that plays like cyberflash but it a bit softer and easier on my elbow, mind that i use soft multi's in the cross strings of my racquets (NXT, technifibre X-one biphase).

Does anyone have any suggestions? i'm thinking of trying out a softer poly like sppp or topspin poly polar

Those have been praised repeatedly, though i've never tried either. One of those two with a multi would make for a crisp, but soft response. Good luck.

carac
08-18-2007, 12:33 AM

Try Cyber Power, also the new ALU Power FLUORO, eventually sppp-pure ... and for a totally different type of poly try Luxilon Monotec Supersense!

s.sharm01
08-18-2007, 12:54 AM
cyberflash was also described to be a solf poly, but like ppl able have stated sppp is preety soft.

nickb
08-18-2007, 01:01 AM
SPPP is the softest I have used

slice bh compliment
08-18-2007, 01:07 AM
I like Hurricane the best.
But Pacific Poly Soft is great, too...softer.

Both great, coupled with gut.

Ripper
08-18-2007, 06:10 AM
Softest poly is Poly Polar.

Another soft one, but not remotely as soft as PP (no poly is) is MatchPower; it's softer than SPPP.

federer envies me
08-18-2007, 06:11 AM
try polyfibre tcs

armand
08-18-2007, 06:49 AM
Yeah I found CF 1.25 to be pretty stiff, much stiffer feeling than sppp 1.18 even though they're very close in stiffness rating.

I wonder what CF 1.20 is like, anyone tried it?

YonexDude, it sounds like you prefer stiffer setups, I don't know if you'd wanna go as soft as some suggestions; softer usually means more power, less control, less spin etc. SPPP 1.18 is close in playability to CF 1.25 but much more comfortable, I found.

YonexDude
08-18-2007, 08:54 AM
thanks for the input. I think I'm going to buy a set of poly polar and sppp and see how they work out

bagung
08-18-2007, 12:35 PM
k-boom and iso-speed pro