PDA

View Full Version : Pure Storm Tour+ Hybrid

Automatix
08-18-2007, 05:40 AM
Well I've finally decided to purchase the Babolat Pure Storm Tour+ (16x20 pattern) version and I' not really sure what hybrid would suit this frame... I want comfort combined with reasonable durability so I'm thinking of such a combination:

MAINS: Tecnifibre Pro Red Code 1,25mm mains @ 26 kg (57 lbs)
CROSSES: Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase 1,30mm crosses @ 27,5 kg (61 lbs)

I've used to play Dunlop M-Fil 200 18x20 build up to about 380g strung with Signum Pro Plasma Pure @ 27,5/26,5 kg (61/58 lbs) and I was quite satisfied with it but it was't really comfortable, good feel, great power but poor-medium comfort so I'd like to know what do you think about this hybrid and also I'd like to know if should I buy String Savers for this hybrid, would the enhancement of durability be significant for the price of the String Savers (I was thinking of Gamma String Savers)?

PED
08-18-2007, 09:37 AM
That sounds like a winning combo, the only advice I would possibly add is to take into account the flexible nature of the storm. FWIW, I played with the last gen storm and I also realize that the new storm tour is a reworked pure control and so is stiffer than the old storm. The thing i discovered in using a hybrid in my old storm was that i could use full poly and it was really comfy because of the forgiving nature of the frame. Or if you decided to still use a hybrid you might be able to string it up tighter than before. The tension you mentioned are higher than what i used (56 mains and 58 crosses) but i guess you'll have to experiment. I bought my storm off a friend and it was strung with full bb alu rough at 64. When he told me the tension, i thought it would hit like a board but the forgiving nature of the frame made it really nice. I can't wait to demo the new tour, the one at our local shop is check out until tuesday, but i'm looking forward to giving it a ride.