PDA

View Full Version : Head MicroGel Extreme pro

TennisMD
08-18-2007, 08:12 AM
Regarding the above captioned rkt, I have not seen much commentary on the board re this, I did a search. So thoughts on arm saftey. I like the way the rkt swings and the review gives it a good score on comfort, but as we all know this is a ranking on short term use. So any thoughts from those who have hit with this rkt

TennisMD
08-18-2007, 10:05 AM
surely some have palyed wtih this. Any comments on the safety factor

JW10S
08-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Do your search again--there have been many posts about this particular racquet.

Edit: BTW I have been using these racquets in competition for @ 6 months and have had no arm trouble--but then I've never had arm trouble.

Gantz
08-18-2007, 10:46 AM
the TW reviews are inflating. they cannot be trusted as much as they could be in the past. if you've had previous arm problems, you should stay away from the 68 stiffness, and the 332 swingweight.

TennisMD
08-18-2007, 12:04 PM
actually swings lighter than 332. Ganz obviously enjoying the rkt, how have found the contol with this rkt

El Guapo
08-18-2007, 01:34 PM
It's very easy on the arm. I'm really liking this racquet. I recently bought a bunch of them and am selling the ones that I don't need. I compared it to the APDC and the Head was much easier on the arm. I've never had any arm twinges before and I felt it a couple of times with the APDC. Nothing from the Head except good serves, heavy topspin and enough stiffness not to get pushed around by heavy balls that I catch late.

BERDI4
08-22-2007, 05:18 PM
actually swings lighter than 332. Ganz obviously enjoying the rkt, how have found the contol with this rkt

I found it very heavy swingweight, specially for my hone handed backhand. I feels heavier than the ncode 6.1

Klatu Verata Necktie
08-22-2007, 06:16 PM
I played with one a few times and found that was easy on the arm. Never did I feel wrist, bicept, or elbow pain. The racquet had quite a bit of pop and I was able to pocket the ball fairly well. All in all, I was impressed with the racquet.

tennisntn3477
08-22-2007, 06:21 PM
I played with the Extreme Pro for four sets over two days, not consecutive days...and had soreness in my arm that I don't normally have...there was a discernable vibration in the racket for me. Have talked to other players with similar comments and some who have demo'd the racquet and had zero issues. Think it's just a player by player decision...racquet played pretty well, but I've never had any arm issues and don't want to risk regular play with one that FOR ME resulted in soreness/discomfort.

ledor
08-22-2007, 06:28 PM
im using one right now and it hasn't cause me any arm problems, only that I came from the Aeropro Drive, and adjusting to the grip shape. I did have arm and wrist problems with the Original Pure Drive and AeroPro only because i Used it with a tightly strung polyester i.e. Luxilon BB Original, Timo, BB ALU Power. I switched strings to Technifibre Biphase X-1 and NRG2, and I'm doing just fine. I also am using SPPP with Pacific Tough Gut for fun.

Alex132
08-22-2007, 06:49 PM
its very nice raquet, i really liked it for kick serves and serve returns.

El Guapo
08-22-2007, 07:39 PM
I found it very heavy swingweight, specially for my hone handed backhand. I feels heavier than the ncode 6.1
The swingweight of the Head is 330 and the Wilson is 329.

BERDI4
08-23-2007, 07:44 AM
The swingweight of the Head is 330 and the Wilson is 329.

Right. But the Wilson is more head light so it feels easier to maneuver.