PDA

View Full Version : After the [k] 90?

Autumnleaf
08-18-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm using a wilson k factor 90 right now. I can get a really good pace on especially on my forehand, which is pretty flat, but the timing on the backhand side (1HBH) sometimes suffers the weight of the stick. I was thinking of buying a head racquet. In the past I owned a flexpoint prestige MP, which I sold after a month cause it didn't feel like a LM prestige MP which I had demoed two years ago. If it was to be a head racquet, what prestige do you suggest? And what about the yonex 001 mid? Would it be a little more manoeuvrable on the backhand? I also thought about the dunlop AG 200. I essentially need a racquet that is good for flat hitters but a little more manoeuvrable than k 90 (and with good pace on serve, if possible). Thanks in advance, If I've been too vague let me know.

Shashwat
08-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey, well i have used the K 90 and the FXP radical. I liked the K 90 better because i like heavier racquets. I would suggest a FXP radical or a LM prestige. FXP radical if you like lighter and more flexible racquets. LM prestige if you like a more stiffer/heavier frame.

I currently use a K 95 but the precision is lacking. I want a small headzise so there is more precision. So demo the FXP radical and if you want it, i have one for sale. Or i can trade it for the K90. If you are interested or have anymore questions (since have used all the racquers you are talking about) contact me. shash_devu @ yahoo.com

Autumnleaf
08-18-2007, 12:24 PM
But which prestige? mid or midplus? Is the midsize a little more manoeuvrable than the k 90? But then again, wouldn't the yonex 001 be better? I like heavy and stiff sticks but I'm looking for something just a little lighter than the k90. it's a matter of 5 - 10 grams. Furthermore, I don't whether the AG200 (18x20) is worth consideration. I hope someone who has used these raquets gets to see this thread.

nickb
08-18-2007, 12:32 PM
If you like stiff racquets you wont like the aerogel 200...it is very flexy. Give the RDS001 Mid, POG Mid and Flexpoint/Liquidmetal Prestige all a demo.

Autumnleaf
08-18-2007, 12:39 PM
From what I read on this forum, the FXP prestige looks inferior to the LM prestige to almost everyone. Am I under the wrong impression?

nickb
08-18-2007, 12:42 PM
From what I read on this forum, the FXP prestige looks inferior to the LM prestige to almost everyone. Am I under the wrong impression?

Most posters seem to like the LM better but some love the FXP which is why is think you should demo both. Its similar with the k90/n90....most like the k but some really love the ncode...not everyone plays the same.

Nick

Autumnleaf
08-18-2007, 01:27 PM
What about the k95? Totally different racquet or wirth a try?

Jr.
08-18-2007, 04:52 PM
k90 compared to k95?
You might as well compare pk renondo to a puredrive.
Maybe not that much, but seriously. k95 is soo much different from k90. I found k95 to be better only in serving. I love my k90.

Autumnleaf
08-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Anyone tried TFight 335 or 320? I read it's similar to berdych's raquet. I suppose the dunlop revelation tour can't be found anymore...

abenguyen
08-18-2007, 11:49 PM
sounds like you should try the aerogel 200. doesn't seem too heavy and has plenty on control. or maybe the liquidmetal radical. not as stable as the lm(liquidmetal) prestige but its lighter and easier to get around but has great control