PDA

View Full Version : Spam during the Cincy Masters

Jasyn19
08-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Apart from the unlit carpark, the oppressive heat, the strange things that happen to players here in Mason, Ohio, at the Cincinnati Masters, the thing that drives me mad is being bombarded of shrieked advertisements during game breaks.

Just because the we are captive is no reason to take this kind of advantage of us. We object to spam on our computers - unsolicited drivel in the name of advertising - so why do we put up with it during game breaks at Mason?

chlsmo
08-18-2007, 01:57 PM
They probably do this at all Masters series. I know they did when I was at Indian Wells, it is annoying but I just talk through it anyway.

tennispro11
08-18-2007, 02:23 PM
It is just part of going to a big time tournament. Who do you think pays the money and sponsors the tournament. The businesses who are advertised. This is what happens when they put forth alot of money for the tournament. Lots of advertisements.

J-man
08-18-2007, 03:47 PM
I haven't been to a Master Series event. But that's part of the marketing for the tournment's and the ATP. I know it's annoying as hell but you there for the tennis!!

Challenger
08-18-2007, 03:51 PM
It is just part of going to a big time tournament. Who do you think pays the money and sponsors the tournament. The businesses who are advertised. This is what happens when they put forth alot of money for the tournament. Lots of advertisements.

You're right on the money (pun slightly intended).

It's a necessary evil we have to endure, so that these tournaments can continue. I guess I'm sort of used to it though...I've been to other sport events that are even more obnoxious with their advertising.

tennispro11
08-18-2007, 04:15 PM
You're right on the money (pun slightly intended).

It's a necessary evil we have to endure, so that these tournaments can continue. I guess I'm sort of used to it though...I've been to other sport events that are even more obnoxious with their advertising.

Yeah, pro basketball games are really bad and so is football.