PDA

View Full Version : Who's ready for this???

musicalmedic81
08-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Minor Spoiler if you have yet to see Fed vs Hewitt....

Federer is like that soccer team you played against as a kid that nobody could beat, and they thought they owned the world. They were the best, and everybody knew it. And you wanted so bad just to beat them one time and put them in their place, but everytime you came within inches of that bigger than life victory, scrambling every second of the game, fighting with everything you have, they suddenly, just very casually take the game by scoring a goal during the last 10 seconds and act like it was no big deal and they knew they would win the whole time.

Is anybody feelin me on this? Trust me, I have nothing but the highest respect for what Roger has accomplished and for his talent. But is anybody ready to see somebody finally step up and kick his butt? And Im not talking about Nadal or some young gun who plays without fear and gets a fluke victory. Im talking about the everymans player who gives all of himself in his matches, the guy that leaves everything on the court, the guy that takes what he has and makes the most of it. The guy who has pushed Federer before, only to have his heart broken in the end.

Ill be pulling for James Blake to get through and pull off the upset. What a sweet victory that would be for James and the J Block!

uc3
08-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Agreed. Some of these players just fold under the pressure. It's not about sports psychology or mental toughness. It's about relaxing and just playing a player.

natasha_nana
08-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah it definitely does not bode well for the rest of the tour if no one can beat him even when he's at his C game. :roll: