PDA

View Full Version : had a set of cyberflash snap while stringing

onkystomper
08-18-2007, 04:29 PM
my normal stringing machine was not available to me. i used an eagnas one instaed. i strung gut and kirschbaum hybrid - no problem
full alu power job - no problem
full duralast job - no problem

when i cam to string with some topspin cyberflash the tensioner kept slipping and then on about the 8 th main th cyberflash snapped in half!!

anyone else experienced this??

rant over

Stan
08-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Wow, that's too bad.

A.T.S.
08-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Did you clean the clamps in between or aleast every 2 string jobs. Cause alot string leave residue on the clamps so you might have to clean them more frequently.

Gmedlo
08-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Did you clean the clamps in between or aleast every 2 string jobs. Cause alot string leave residue on the clamps so you might have to clean them more frequently.

Yeah, unless you cleaned it, I imagine that this probably happened: Strung the first few up fine, residue is left on tension head. String slips on main, try to re-tension, which puts extra stress on the string. When you string the next main (which has the area that was in the tensioner on it), the weakened string snapped.

Cyberflash has never snapped on me.

Jonny S&V
08-18-2007, 08:36 PM
my normal stringing machine was not available to me. i used an eagnas one instaed. i strung gut and kirschbaum hybrid - no problem
full alu power job - no problem
full duralast job - no problem

when i cam to string with some topspin cyberflash the tensioner kept slipping and then on about the 8 th main th cyberflash snapped in half!!

anyone else experienced this??

rant over

Man, it feels good to be back on. You need to clean your tension head, use rubbing alchohol and scrub really good.

onkystomper
08-19-2007, 04:22 AM
i will try just that. thanks guys. must still be slippery as i have strung duralast after that snapped

abenguyen
08-19-2007, 11:43 AM
there have been many threads about cyberflash snapping. could be just a bad set? and clean your clamps, i guess thats all i can say

onkystomper
08-19-2007, 02:48 PM
yeah i thought i read about it before but when i searched it did not turn anything up

Richie Rich
08-19-2007, 04:32 PM
i've had cyber flash snap on me but it was when i was just starting the third main. i guess my starting clamp was too tight and kinked the string and then when it was pulled around the grommet - SNAP. i adjusted my starting clamp routine and haven't snapped any since