PDA

View Full Version : Hewitt appreciation thread

bluetrain4
08-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Back when Hewitt had his first go round as a top player (when he won his slams) and Roger was rising, Roddick was a force, JC Ferrero was the top clay courter, Safin was relevant, and Agassi was still playing, plenty of us didn't like him, often rooting against him.

I still think he's a total d*ck at times, but I'm very happy he's around. Nice contrast to the bashing style, personality that makes people take a side, tons of confidence, and never say die attitude.

saram
08-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Hewitt rocks. Love his style. He is such a great bloke off the courts. He fights for everything on the courts and makes every match personal. Some people don't appreciate that he just hates losing. I appreciate Hewitt--always have and always will. Wish he were back in the top ten again and today's match against Roger showed he can still hold his own against the world's best.

tennispro11
08-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Yep I thoroughly enjoyed watching today's match. It was fun and exciting and I was glad to see Hewitt back to his old form of being able to run pretty much everything down. He is a fighter and a scrapper. Love to watch him play with all his heart.

Tennis_Monk
08-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Hewitt is a great player and i like him a lot. He is so intense on the court and shows it.

Thanks for creating an appreciation thread.

kingkong
08-18-2007, 06:53 PM
he is actually like a better version of santoro really, they have very similar strengths and weakness and tactics.

Kobble
08-18-2007, 09:08 PM
I am proud of Hewitt. He rarely hit short against Federer, today, and it showed. I'm not happy he lost, but at least I wasn't shaking my head. If he just comes up with an answer for the Federer slice, he will start winning.

Nadal_Freak
08-18-2007, 09:13 PM
I enjoy watching Hewitt play as well. My second favorite player in tennis right now.

daddy
08-18-2007, 09:19 PM
I enjoy hewitt losing in hard fought matches, since he always does exactly that. Like he lacks that bit of edge butt def great to watch and easy to cheer against !

krz
08-18-2007, 09:23 PM
I used to HATE Hewitt... now I even find myself rooting for him to win(sometimes)

and I'm still laughing at the part "and Safin was relevant"

daddy
08-18-2007, 09:25 PM
I used to HATE Hewitt... now I even find myself rooting for him to win(sometimes)

and I'm still laughing at the part "and Safin was relevant"

Agree. Id laugh more but fae it , its hard mate ! Gaudio and Safin depressed, Gaudio thinking he wan french due to quality not lack of competition and safin never getting to his gfull potential ...

psamp14
08-18-2007, 09:29 PM
I enjoy watching Hewitt a lot. I liked him and his attitude since I started noticing him on tour in 2000. He was a real skinny and small teenager back then, and in those years he'd be playing his counterpunching game and yelled his signature "cmon's" a lot. I dont know why so many people disliked him for that. I thought and think it brings his intensity out onto the court and hewitt's a fighter...he looks like he's on the comeback into the top 10 and gave federer a real close one today...hadnt played federer in nearly 2 years but now has played him twice in two tournaments...

with very little points to defend for the rest of the season i see hewitt making his way into the top 15, possibly the top 10, by the end of the year or early 2008

Lleytian3
08-18-2007, 09:47 PM
i never thought i see the day, a hewitt appreciation thread. wow

hewitt, if not the most controversial player in the atp tennis world today. he is sure ranks in the top 3. i never thought, i see the day.

i love hewitt, loves his style and jus loves his attiude in general.

tennispro11
08-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Why not? I am a fan of tennis. Not just a fan of tennis players. Lleyton played great today. It was a close match and I have actually seen Hewitt. He is a small guy. He has a big heart and for that he gets my appreciation.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
08-18-2007, 10:22 PM
I was rooting for Lleyton today, and I had never been a fan or anything, or not an anti-fan. I think in my case for him, just reading about matches, that I had drifted towards the negativity directed towards him. Some might have been deserved, some not, but I was hoping for him today, and watched the matched after I had the time in its entirety (after mid 2nd set). A number of players have stepped up, or continued a certain dominance, yet Hewitt is himself, and has remained true, and works to reach such a point. Just in passing on a thread, I went on a wildcard and picked him as winner of this next US Open. If only on desire, determination and lung power, he should win LOL I do appreciate his competitive spirit.

phoony
08-19-2007, 04:32 AM
Hewitt was really so closed to put an upset on Fed. I really bet on this guy to win Cincy. Really enjoying his match.

"I think at my best I'm easily in the top ten," said Hewitt. Yeah, keep going......;)

Vision84
08-19-2007, 04:54 AM
Hewitt may be a jerk but his tennis is great to watch. I have gained a lot of respect for him recently as he has been gaining his old form again. His fire and passion on the court is great to watch.

anointedone
08-19-2007, 02:20 PM
He gets a bad rap. He seems like a nice guy off the court, and every single thing he says that is not saint-like is blown totally out of proportion.