PDA

View Full Version : Help me with forehand

Nero_S
08-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Hello to all,

I just need a little clarification. I've begun to play tennis 1,5 years ago, never took a racket in my hand before. Developed a backhand and forehand that is consistent, lack a little directional control, but since I was never athletic type of a guy, i am pleased for my progress.
What I would like to ask you since I am trying to learn a double band WW forehand, that I am under impression that the correct body movement is much like a motion when you try to throw a stone, to bounce of the water. Am I right?

Thank you all for the answers

Nero

Tennis_Monk
08-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Hard to say . Looks like you are trying to develop a 2hfh (two handed forehand). TennisMastery has some excellent posts on this topic in this section. Do a search and you can find them.

(personally i wouldnt recommend a 2hfh. In my opinion it isnt a Money stroke i would recommend someone to develop)

Nero_S
08-21-2007, 02:50 AM
no, you are not right. I don't want 2H FH, but onehanded double bend FH. Anyone care to comment?

koopa_troopa
08-21-2007, 03:09 AM
I'm not sure where the stone part is coming from. When I attempt to throw a stone to skip on water I use a whipping motion and a lot of wrist. I don't think this applies to a WW forehand at all, but maybe I am not understanding the comparison?

Nero_S
08-21-2007, 03:18 AM
This is exactly what I mean. My wrist during the throw is cocked back, and releases while releasing the stone from my fingers. But the motion of my upper arm and forearm is the same as in the forehand. Fixed, bent in elbow and all the power comes from body and shoulder.