PDA

View Full Version : Pro Hurricane Users

A_Fish
08-18-2007, 10:46 PM
HI,

For people who use or have used pro hurricane as a whole string job, would you consider this a harsh string? I used to use it in my pure drive team and it didn't seem too harsh, but I have since been using pure storm and it feels quite harsh unless I hit right in the middle. I feel that Alu Power is not like this, however I haven't tried it in the storm? Is it just I have a smaller sweetspot in the storm than the Pure Drive, or does it definetly a harsh string? It seems like it plays like a lot thicker than Alu POwer, even though it's the same.

thundaga
08-18-2007, 11:29 PM
i've never experienced any of the complaints of using a full-poly set-up i read on here, but maybe its because im only 20. i used to be a manic string straightener to the point that it distracted me during points. dont have to worry bout it anymore with my full pro hurricane tour set-up.

denty151
08-19-2007, 01:40 AM
the pro hurricane in 17g is actually a softer playing poly than the Alu Power.
you can try the thinner gauge and see if it helps.

i would expect the PD to play harsher than the Storm seeing as the PD is a very
very stiff racket.

PED
08-19-2007, 05:50 AM
I've owned both storm and pd and the pd is much stiffer. I've also played extensively with both sticks with pro hurr tour and bb alu. The harshness you're feeling is likely just the pd, but i also found alu to be less comfortable than PHT. In the end i ended up using a full PHT in my tour and a hybrid with a multi in my PD. I always used 16g as well and still really liked the pht. I think you can string 2 to 3 pounds heavier in the storm because of the flexy nature.

Fedace
08-19-2007, 05:53 AM
HI,

For people who use or have used pro hurricane as a whole string job, would you consider this a harsh string? I used to use it in my pure drive team and it didn't seem too harsh, but I have since been using pure storm and it feels quite harsh unless I hit right in the middle. I feel that Alu Power is not like this, however I haven't tried it in the storm? Is it just I have a smaller sweetspot in the storm than the Pure Drive, or does it definetly a harsh string? It seems like it plays like a lot thicker than Alu POwer, even though it's the same.

I used it for 6 month and it went dead too quickly so i switched to Signum Hexatrim. It feel about the same. have to see how long it takes for this to go dead. Has anyone used these two strings and compared them??:confused:

HappyLefty
08-19-2007, 05:54 AM
HI,

For people who use or have used pro hurricane as a whole string job, would you consider this a harsh string?
I`ve been trying different types of polys. My biggest problem is that I have a minor issue in my arm, so I`m very sensitive to harsh strings. I playtested PH and I found it harsh. Next week I`ll give a try to Supex Big Ace to see if it works fine for me. Cyber flash 17 was good for me.
You may ask why I don`t switch to multis. Well, I use to break strings very easy and my wallet suffers from that.

A_Fish
08-19-2007, 07:06 AM
I am planning on trying PHT this week. All reports tell me that it is superb. Simlar to Alu POwer but more spin....

ChocolatePie
08-19-2007, 07:22 AM
I have had no arm problems or stiffness with this string in my PDT+

Soundbyte
08-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I don't consider any of the poly strings to be harsh. Granted, their 'harsher' than multis, but I dont have any problems with them.

I normally use ALU rough, and Pro Hurricane Tour is the only other string that I've used that comes close. I could easily interchange the two strings and not have a problem.

sboo
08-19-2007, 10:04 AM
I played with full pro hurricane @ 62lbs in a dnx 10 mp, and after two sets I could feel the effects. However, when I use it in a hybrid it feels just fine.

xz_joey
08-19-2007, 02:35 PM
i've been using full poly jobs for over 2 years now and am currently using PHT. the only time that i've had problems w/ poly were during the first 3-4 months of using them where i had extensive soreness throughout my arm. but as a chronic string breaker i had to stick to them and they feel perfectly fine now. to me, the PHT seems better than the original PH and its also more spin friendly than Alu BB.

A_Fish
08-19-2007, 02:36 PM
I'd just like to note, by harsh I mean it just doesn't feel nice. It wasn't causing me pain - it just felt quite.... I don't know how to explain it..... like boardy and not crisp.... if that makes sense? I would consider something like Alu Power as a crisp string, whereas the Pro Hurricane seems to feel like unless you hit right in the middle it is very sorta dead....

How does Pro Hurrican eTour go in this regard?

Purostaff
08-19-2007, 03:31 PM
I have been testing out strings for a while now, and I hybrid PHT 5 times total (never did full job). I also tried Alu Power Rough twice (full job). PHT (hybrid) is definitely softer than Alu, which was very stiff (lots of power though). If I have to guess from experience, I would say PHT full job is less harsher than Alu.

hrstrat57
08-19-2007, 03:50 PM
I have it in my 2 i prestige mp presently strung mid range....lovin it. Plays great in the 18x20 frame in all aspects of the game.

ditto on the string straightening....leaves me with nothing to do but focus on hitting the ball....stuff never moves, it is crazy.

otoh the only experience I have with pro hurricane is in the head 18x20 frame.....I think you need others to chime in with diff set ups.