PDA

View Full Version : to hybrid or not to hybrid?

abenguyen
08-18-2007, 11:51 PM
that is the question. so I have a sample of cyber power I want to try. But should I use it in a full string job or should I hybrid it? I only have one set and don't want to waste it on a full one when I can have a hybrid. but I want to try the full too to get the full playing characteristics of the string. what should I do?

carac
08-19-2007, 12:55 AM
that is the question. so I have a sample of cyber power I want to try. But should I use it in a full string job or should I hybrid it? I only have one set and don't want to waste it on a full one when I can have a hybrid. but I want to try the full too to get the full playing characteristics of the string. what should I do?

I had a very similar problem myself with SPPP Pure 1.18 - and I have decided first to test is 'full' - first since on hybrid the perfect tension is more difficult to find and second since I wanted a more direct comparison to some other strings that I was/am testing ...

nickarnold2000
08-19-2007, 01:37 AM
Well, what do you usually use as a hybrid cross/mains and then use that as the standard. You should be able to figure out if this new CP is softer, has more power, more spin etc. But i would say, bite the bullet and do a full job.
Now, when's TW going to get this string?

abenguyen
08-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Well, what do you usually use as a hybrid cross/mains and then use that as the standard. You should be able to figure out if this new CP is softer, has more power, more spin etc. But i would say, bite the bullet and do a full job.
Now, when's TW going to get this string?

exactly. I'm lucky that I got a set of this and I really want to try it in a full just to see what it is like. I think playing with full poly polar gives you the full characteristics of the string. But I've been needing more power outta full Poly Polar at 56 lbs so I'm thinking maybe I should hybrid

Jonny S&V
08-19-2007, 10:46 AM
exactly. I'm lucky that I got a set of this and I really want to try it in a full just to see what it is like. I think playing with full poly polar gives you the full characteristics of the string. But I've been needing more power outta full Poly Polar at 56 lbs so I'm thinking maybe I should hybrid

Do a hybrid with one of your racquets with the CP in the mains and PP in the crosses, and the other one vice-versa.

abenguyen
08-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Do a hybrid with one of your racquets with the CP in the mains and PP in the crosses, and the other one vice-versa.

hmm good idea...

tbini87
08-19-2007, 09:22 PM

i like to try this also with two of the same racquet. you get a quick and easy way to feel the differences in setups.

Zets147
08-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Hybriding is for posers. A real man stencils his racquets instead.

abenguyen
08-20-2007, 02:39 PM

what does stenciling have to do with hybrids, lol?

Yonex.
08-20-2007, 10:06 PM

Hahaha!~.~....I think your totally LAME.

federer envies me
08-21-2007, 04:57 AM

WHAT?????? :confused:

PBODY99
08-21-2007, 05:46 AM
Since more power is your goal, I would go with a hybird & I would use the poly in the crosses. I strung a pair of my frames with the poly as th e mains in one, cross in the other and I kept all other variables the same. Everyone { six players} I let try this pair felt that the poly cross had more power. Just my 2 bits.

abenguyen
08-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Since more power is your goal, I would go with a hybird & I would use the poly in the crosses. I strung a pair of my frames with the poly as th e mains in one, cross in the other and I kept all other variables the same. Everyone { six players} I let try this pair felt that the poly cross had more power. Just my 2 bits.

thanks PBODY i'll give it a try when i can

jonolau
08-22-2007, 05:53 AM
If you want to do a true comparison, keep the variables as limited as possible. Follow the previous setup that you're playing with regularly. If you're used to playing with a full poly, then follow that. If you're hybriding, then ditto.

abenguyen
08-22-2007, 07:28 AM
If you want to do a true comparison, keep the variables as limited as possible. Follow the previous setup that you're playing with regularly. If you're used to playing with a full poly, then follow that. If you're hybriding, then ditto.

i was giving the full poly a try because everyone said its so soft so give it a try. I always used a hybrid for a while and it was good just strung it too high(lower 60s) so now I'm gonna try poly polar at the lower tension around 56 lbs and string forten sweet in the crosses at 58-60 lbs