PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Ball striking Justine/Jankovic ***NOT A SPOILER****

Tennis_Monk
08-19-2007, 12:09 PM
These two girls hit the ball so hard.Isnt it simply amazing?.I havent seen such crisp ball striking with so many amazing angles. Awesome stuff. Dont miss the finals match.

**** Please dont post any scores or results*****

I just wanted to post a thread on what i have seen in the match so far.

Shabazza
08-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Jankovic and Henin are two of handfull woman players I like to watch and it is an enjoyable match so far (though some nice choking here and there from both). It's not that they hit exceptionally hard (actually they don't), but they play some great angles and show some nice touch at the net...

jaykay
08-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Brilliant game, really. I always enjoy it when these two play against each other. Some of the few WTA matches that I actually relish watching...

Gilic
08-19-2007, 12:57 PM
What a rollercoaster for Jankovic!!!

Mike Bulgakov
08-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Both are entertaining because they are more creative than the vast majority of WTA players. The women's game needs more creativity.

kingkong
08-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Um...

What the hell are you talking about? Can I have what you are smoking? Henin and Jankovic don't hit the ball hard compared to a lot of the other players. If anything, Jankovic hits a lot harder off the backhand side than Henin.

The illusion is Henin's junk ball/topspin. It just gives it the impression that there is a lot of action on the ball. On the other hand, Jankovic's backhand down the line drive...Thats another story...Its hit very hard and right on.

'justine's junk ball'

you sir are an idiot

dave333
08-19-2007, 04:05 PM
They really smacked the the ball realy hard.

Mick
08-19-2007, 04:07 PM
last night match between jankovic and golovin was another slugfest.

Noveson
08-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Um...

What the hell are you talking about? Can I have what you are smoking? Henin and Jankovic don't hit the ball hard compared to a lot of the other players. If anything, Jankovic hits a lot harder off the backhand side than Henin.

The illusion is Henin's junk ball/topspin. It just gives it the impression that there is a lot of action on the ball. On the other hand, Jankovic's backhand down the line drive...Thats another story...Its hit very hard and right on.

Seriously what the hell? Do you just hate Henin or what? Your reply wasn't anything near the original post. You are the one smoking my friend.

They were absolutely smacking the crap out of the ball. It was amazing some of the backhand passes jankovic came up with.

daddy
08-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah, yeah. I heard it all before. Yes I do hate Henin. Why? It should be fairly obvious:

1. She is a cheater; Aussie 06, French 03...

I don't get why people stupidly overrate her because theres nothing to her really. Even if she could hit hard and do everything well, her sportsmanship would keep her out of sync.

And thank you, I do hit the ball hard; unlike your **** left hand.

JANKOVIC >>>>>>>> HENIN.

Okay mate lets hear fro me - another hater. Hats off to the best player in the world. ( look at where I live ) , shes ugly, disgusting, nothing in articular off court which would interest anyone ( poor ex husbank hat to bone her , for christ sakes ), she loks like 40 and is really boaring all round. But shes the best there is , now. Period.

blinkinrogue
08-19-2007, 06:18 PM
i like them both. i even like it they dont have to bash the ball all the time and/or scream to distract opponents. by reading the interviews, i think they respect each other very much.

sondraj
08-19-2007, 06:34 PM
I would really like to know what is hitting the ball hard. I think I'm cofused now because every one talks about power tennis and I know that Maria and the williamses hit hard and from the last match maria and dementieva (sp) played i know that she hits the ball a little harder than maria.

So what is hitting the ball hard if Henin and Jankovic doesn't hit particularly hard. From t.v I can't really tell, thay all seems to smack the sh** out of the ball to me

daddy
08-19-2007, 06:37 PM
I would really like to know what is hitting the ball hard. I think I'm cofused now because every one talks about power tennis and I know that Maria and the williamses hit hard and from the last match maria and dementieva (sp) played i know that she hits the ball a little harder than maria.

So what is hitting the ball hard if Henin and Jankovic doesn't hit particularly hard. From t.v I can't really tell, thay all seems to smack the sh** out of the ball to me

Watch a bit better ansd you will learn. If you hit a sitting duck ball hard as you can its going to be as fast as hell my friend. But if you hit a fast aproaching and low bouncing ball going to you, as hard or harder back and make a winner its a magic. So its not about if maria sharapova hits forehand 150kph and Henin 140kph, henin places herself so well and is so fast around the ball that she can hit marias forehand back vith a vengence.

Did you get what hard is now ? Maria is slow, when she sets up a point shes okay, when shes being moved around she is not. YOu can not move henin around so easily !

Kay ?

sondraj
08-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Watch a bit better ansd you will learn. If you hit a sitting duck ball hard as you can its going to be as fast as hell my friend. But if you hit a fast aproaching and low bouncing ball going to you, as hard or harder back and make a winner its a magic. So its not about if maria sharapova hits forehand 150kph and Henin 140kph, henin places herself so well and is so fast around the ball that she can hit marias forehand back vith a vengence.

Did you get what hard is now ? Maria is slow, when she sets up a point shes okay, when shes being moved around she is not. YOu can not move henin around so easily !

Kay ?

But that is not what people are talking about, when people say hard I am thinking how much pace and how heavy they hit the ball, right. Not moving people around, you can do that no matter how hard you hit the ball

Wuornos
08-20-2007, 04:14 AM
But that is not what people are talking about, when people say hard I am thinking how much pace and how heavy they hit the ball, right. Not moving people around, you can do that no matter how hard you hit the ball

I agree with you Sondra. I watched this match and while I felt there was commitment from both players in playing their shots and going for the lines etc, much of what I saw wasn't purely a matter of power.

I have a huge amount of respect for Justine Henin but her game is not power based. She's an all court player with huge mental strength and shot resources that are available to very few. I mean look at the quality of her backhand and the use of the drop shot last night.

Jankovich is also enourmously talented both from a fitness persepective and her defensive skills.

But do I rate them both as hard hitters within the game? No, and that is not a criticism.

Perhaps the people are talking about how they played the match with quite small margins of error, 'total commitment tennis' if you will.

West Coast Ace
08-20-2007, 04:55 AM
I must have been watching another match. They hit the ball well - at times. But it ended up being another errorfest as only the WTA can provide. Easy misses at the net, weird drop shots, etc... Should have been an easy win for one player - should be obvious who I'm talking about if you did see the match. Match point specifically - that player should have been doing that all match.

Phil
08-20-2007, 05:18 AM
I think Jelena (yes, I'm now on a first name basis here) is darn cute-very exotic look, with somewhat Asiatic-looking features...and she has a very sexy, throaty Eastern European accent...sounds kinda like Natasha from the old "Bullwinkle" cartoons. Don't believe me? Listen for yourself...

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=r5DP8GQX1Nw

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=tojqgu_66fk

phoony
08-20-2007, 09:13 AM
2nd set 5-5 what a long deuce session they gonna played. Both didn't want to give up. As long as you stay on focus, mentality tough you're the winner.........wow really amazing, i really jump over when Justine got the winner point.