PDA

View Full Version : Payment methods and timing?

Carlsson
08-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Hello!

This seems like a great forum to buy and sell your frames, and other. A question: how do you guys pay each other, and when as compared to the shipping?

mclee025
08-20-2007, 08:11 AM
This seems like a great forum to buy and sell your frames, and other. A question: how do you guys pay each other, and when as compared to the shipping?

There's a great sticky on buying/selling that will answer your pay question:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=91974

It's up for negotiations between the seller and buyer as far as when and how the payment is made and when an item is shipped. In general however, normally the seller gets payment and clears it and then ships the item.

Tennis Warehouse forum references has bearing as to your negotiating position. For example, if a buyer has a lot of good references in past trades and has established himself as a honest trader, while the seller has none (thereby making him a questionable entity), under such conditions the buyer may have leverage to ask that the seller ship the racquets first (or make some concession like a partial payment upfront followed by the rest after the racquets arrive) to mitigate risks in the transaction.

Steve Huff
08-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Good point. If you have 0 posts or are a new user, and I have a good deal more, and have made several trades, I may ask you to send a racket before I pay for it. You can say "no way", but you just might get more money for it that way too. Of course, if the racket is in worse shape than you stated it would be in, I might say "no way" to you, and tell you that a racket with a half a bumperguard scraped off is not a 9.9. Like stocks, it's what level of risk you are willing to take and how much extra it's worth to take those risks.