PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Comfort Plus

sneekynyc
08-19-2007, 03:17 PM
I strung my racket last night with Alpha Comfort Plus 16g... I was kind of a pain to string, cause its a really soft string, so it would knot up pretty easy... But when I played with it today, it was Awesome.... A very good feel, and a nice pop... I was very surprised with this string, now I gotta order more... I normally use a poly/syn hybrid... Well not anymore.... Has anyone else tried this string, and if so. what did you think of it?

Craig

strike
04-29-2008, 04:35 AM
I strung my racket last night with Alpha Comfort Plus 16g... I was kind of a pain to string, cause its a really soft string, so it would knot up pretty easy... But when I played with it today, it was Awesome.... A very good feel, and a nice pop... I was very surprised with this string, now I gotta order more... I normally use a poly/syn hybrid... Well not anymore.... Has anyone else tried this string, and if so. what did you think of it?
Craig

Have you been using this string since you first tried it? What are your impressions now?

One pack came in my new DC Pioneer, and I restrung my PDR with it at 55lbs. I'm searching for the right string/tension to tame the PDR, else I am going to have to find a new racquet...

Valjean
04-29-2008, 07:53 AM
I'd wait a while before reaching a conclusion about it, though.

sneekynyc
04-29-2008, 08:35 AM
I still use the string.. I highly recommend the string if you ever had arm problems... my older clients love the string... the other day a few people stopped me after I got off the court, because they wanted to know what string I was using... It has a nice solid sound then you strike the ball... I string it at 57lbs in cold conditions and 60lbs in warm conditions.

strike
04-29-2008, 11:33 AM
I still use the string.. I highly recommend the string if you ever had arm problems... my older clients love the string... the other day a few people stopped me after I got off the court, because they wanted to know what string I was using... It has a nice solid sound then you strike the ball... I string it at 57lbs in cold conditions and 60lbs in warm conditions.

Have you ever tried X-1 Biphase, NRG2, or Xcel Premium? If so, how would you compare them to it?

sneekynyc
04-29-2008, 01:22 PM
I have used NRG2 and Xcel Prem, I haven't tried X-1 yet... I would have to say that NRG2 and Xcel last longer than the comfort plus, but the comfort plus is softer to me than any of those... You have to be careful when stringing comfort plus cause it will kink real easy if your not careful.

Navy Gator
10-19-2008, 04:53 AM
I normally use X1 Biphase. I have one speedport that has X1 and I strung the other last night with the free Alpha Comfort that came with my Pioneer. I plan on hitting a little this afternoon and let you know how I think they compare.
As an aside, the 03 was much easier to string than I thought it would be.

Navy Gator
10-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Only hit with the Alpha Comfort for about 30 minutes but I like the feel and the sound (nice pop). Strings held up well but it was only 30 minutes and no serving.

TonyB
10-19-2008, 01:39 PM
I agree about giving it some time.

I've played with a ton of strings that played well for the first few hours, then dropped tension like crazy and turned into a trampoline.

Navy Gator
10-27-2008, 05:03 AM
Have about 3 hours on the comfort plus, still like the feel and sound. Pretty good for a free string, but will stick with Tech X1. Using 16g X1 but will order some 17g now that I have my own stringer.