PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances that they will reach obnoxious ranking points by year end?

Alafter
08-19-2007, 09:22 PM
I think Nadal and Fed's pts are obnoxious.

What's the chances that these guys will reach the following targets?

Nadal: 7000?

Fed: 9000?

krz
08-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Its mostly hardcourts after this. I can't see Nadal picking up that many points.

Silent
08-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Federer would finish with 7665 points if he won the Us Open, made the final in Tokyo, Paris and Madrid, won Basel and won the Masters Cup losing one RR match.

If Federer did this, Nadal would finish with 7335 points if he made the Us Open final, won both remaining Masters, won an ISG event and won 3 RR matches along with the SF at the Masters Cup.

This would be outrageous domination by both players but...

Which is more likely ?

ninman
08-20-2007, 01:32 AM
From now Federer is defending points, he can gain at most 500 points from Paris, and doing that would give him 8105 points, assuming that he defends all of his other titles, so no is the answer. He could however get to 9000 at the start of next year if he wins Paris, wins that tournament at the start of the year before the Aussie that he didn't play this year. Defend the Aussie, then regains both Indian Wells and Miami. Then if he wins Monte Carlo and Rome followed by Hamburg and RG and Halle (in other words he goes on a winning streak of about 80 matches), he would have close to 10,000 points or more.

OrangeOne
08-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Federer would finish with 7665 points if he won the Us Open, made the final in Tokyo, Paris and Madrid, won Basel and won the Masters Cup losing one RR match.

If Federer did this, Nadal would finish with 7335 points if he made the Us Open final, won both remaining Masters, won an ISG event and won 3 RR matches along with the SF at the Masters Cup.

This would be outrageous domination by both players but...

Which is more likely ?

Well, given Nadal didn't make a final in about 6 months or more at this time of year last year, even fit and healthy, I don't see him making regular finals and winning Masters.

Polaris
08-20-2007, 02:41 AM
What's the chances that these guys will reach the following targets?

Nadal: 7000?
Slim.

Fed: 9000?None.

Fedexeon
08-20-2007, 02:59 AM
I don't see it happening. Unless Federer and Nadal become machines.

West Coast Ace
08-20-2007, 04:59 AM
I guess one man's obnoxious is another man's sign of excellence. At least in Fed's case. In Nadal's case I might agree - while I respect his game and his effort, he needs to shed some of the clay court gimmes and replace them with more tournaments on faster surfaces - even if it means a dip in points.